[vb_main_1]

Holiday Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "alycebug" post=152392
    I wasn't interested in doing the stars for the Holiday Quilt by Alex Anderson, even though it is a nice quilt. But I love machine applique and wanted to do your border, so I changed the center of the quilt to wreaths.

Alyce Leach
    Love the wreaths with the holly border. Is the wreath a pattern, or did you just draft it? Really great for the holidays. Would love to make one for next year. HelenW

Comment

Finished my star blocks and got the, set. I will be adding a small border to the sides and a larger one on the ends. I plan on doing an embroidery on each end, just need to pick one out.

Comment

I think I have the same program and just cut the paper into 4 sections to add to the variety of colors.

Comment

I use the grid method all the time, unless I am doing a million HST's and then I print out a grid on paper and sew it to the fabric.

In my grids I draw diamonds instead of all parallel lines. Then I don't have to worry about taking out stitches.

Comment

I'm having trouble matching up triangle B with the star points. They aren't exactly the same length.
            So I guess my questions are:
            1. Did I sew wrong and they ARE supposed to match up the same length?
            or
            2. Do I match top points (Upper part B and outer star point) and let the bottom be where the extra white is, or do I match it at the bottom of part B and have extra at the top (outer edge)?
            I'd love any help that I anyone can give me. Thank you!

Comment

Oh no, I used the original templates! They are too big, I’m redoing them now! Bummer!!

Comment

Absolutely Beautiful!

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

I have my Holiday quilt all put together - almost - am I the only one who hasn't finished it yet? I have been busy doing other stuff, quilting yes but other stuff. I have to pin my quilt up and quilt it then I will be able to put the final touches to it. Am I so far behind????

Comment

Originally posted by "janstitcher" post=152586
                      I have my Holiday quilt all put together - almost - am I the only one who hasn't finished it yet? I have been busy doing other stuff, quilting yes but other stuff. I have to pin my quilt up and quilt it then I will be able to put the final touches to it. Am I so far behind????
                      YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

Comment

Still cutting applique shapes here. Border to stitch. I guess I get to hang it next Christmas!

Comment

Janstitcher
                          You are ahead of me! Just machine blanket stitched the vine appliqué - holly and berries ahead! Has anyone used the Accuquilt die for these? If yes did you use Accuquilt embroidery download or did you blanket stitch holly and berry also? This quilt is definitely challenging!

Comment

I got my quilt finished, including quilting and binding.

Comment

All the Holly and Berries are fused down and ready for applique, FINALLY!!!

Comment

Finally finished. 28 berries and 40 leaves hand appliquéd down with turned edges.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 34 users online. 0 members and 34 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X