[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Holiday Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not a person who can work successfully with all those small pieces but I was still watching how to do it while making my hst trees. Used alot of fancy stitches and threads to decorate and the presents are appliqued. Merry Christmas!

Comment

Merry Christmoose is DONE....Made the deadline of having it done before Christmas. Time to get back to my 2020 Afternoon Delight. I have been ignoring it for too long.
      HelenW

Comment

I just love it!

Comment

Love the curved binding, the quilting, and the poinsettias!

Comment

I am so impressed with this! Cute house added to the bottom which I assume is a nod to our stay at home satus. Well done!

Comment

Love your adaptation!

Comment

Thank you, HelenW. I began this by wanting to do a nativity scene, The bottom half was easy to draw, since I planned on doing raw edge appliqué. I got in trouble when I drafted the star. I had lines crossing in such a way it was impossible to sew. After trying to sew it 3 times, I ended up tossing it, and putting the bottom have in a drawer. I decided this November to try one more time. I re-drafted a new star, and had to sew it 5 times before I was happy with it. After finishing the piecing, I remembered my stash of antique buttons (some are over a hundred years old) and it all came together. Now onto my January wall hanging!

Comment

FINISHED! This is the second binding. I took the first one off because the edges of the quilt were cupping up. I cut the first binding at two inches, on the bias, and had to tug it to cover the matchine stitching. This binding was cut at 2 1/4”, on the bias, and allows the quilt to lay flat.

Comment

Trying to get this QAYG hand appliquéd piece to post

Comment

Qayg, hand appliquéd. Fused raw edge. Years!! I would never have finished this if I hadn’t seen the Holiday quilt border. So, I started quilting the squares 2 weeks ago. I am beyond thrilled with the resultP3 designs.
                      But my face isn’t quilted, yet

Comment

Do you have a pattern for this or did you make it up? Thank you in advance.

Comment

Pam, Your table runner is perfectly beautiful!!!

Comment

Tigerannie, Your Christmas quilt is absolutely beauriful! You inspire me to try to make one.

Comment

The quilt top is finished. Now, if it would just magically quilt itself overnight....

Comment

The top is finished. Now, if it would just magically quilt itself overnight ...

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 70 users online. 0 members and 70 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X