[vb_main_1]

Holiday Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here’s one of my favorite Christmas quilts. It’s not an
    Alex pattern, but my stars aren’t finished yet.

Comment

Rhondi Love the tree dipping over to to share it's star!

Comment

I had a problem. All my star points were too large for the center blocks. Ugg! Apparently, I moved the needle position midway through the project to do something else. In an effort to use my star points, I went to my Christmas stash and pulled together a table runner. At least I didn't give up and my kitchen table looks very cheerful!

Comment

It is very rare that I show a quilt that has not been quilted and bound but I am making an exception for these. I hope to get them quilted in the next couple of days but don’t want to add any stress to my life if other things get in the way, so will post the quilt tops. I have enjoyed making these holiday quilts in December and will enjoy them next year as decorations unless I decide to give them away. I worked on both Alex’s Holiday Quilt and Ricky Tims’ Holiday Charm Wreath (from the Lizzy Albright collection) at the same time. By the way - if you haven’t attended (virtually) Ricky’s holiday concert, Comfort & Joy, you are missing a wonderful musical experience. It is well worth the admission price. I am thankful for both Alex and Ricky, along with everyone else that has helped them, this weird and wacky year. What joy they have both brought into my life.

Comment

I know I am late to start this, but I wanted to see if anyone else used the grid method for sewing this many half square triangles. I am including a picture. This one created 64 of them at one time. I did use 3 different reds and 4 different whites so it would still appear pretty scrappy. Just still working on thelittle squares right now. Hoping to get the blocks together over the weekend.

Comment

I didn’t use the grid method you showed but used a computer program I purchased years ago which yielded 24 squares for each page printed on an 8 1/2” x 11” paper. it was similar to what they have in the TQS store. It helped speed up the process and helped with accuracy.

Comment

Miracles do happen! I finished both of these yesterday in time to enjoy before Christmas Day. What ever will I do with my time today? Maybe I should get in the kitchen and start my prep work for the Christmas dinner I am making for hubby and me ... or maybe I should tidy up my sewing studio enough to be able to start on my next projects. The reality is that I am going to try to do both. I will be back to sewing on Saturday, if not sooner. Have a great and safe Christmas everyone. Christy Gregg from Tallahassee Florida

Comment

I also found a quick way to minimize working with bias on the star points. I had been watching TQS and Gyleen Fitzgerald was on. She added squares to the points, then trimmed them off after all the pressing. Worked great! Glad I saw that show before doing it. I think it was easier cutting, you just cut those squares at 1 3/4 as well.

Comment

I wasn't interested in doing the stars for the Holiday Quilt by Alex Anderson, even though it is a nice quilt. But I love machine applique and wanted to do your border, so I changed the center of the quilt to wreaths.

Alyce Leach

Comment

All you who have finished this holiday project must be mutants with super amazing powers like, non sleeping, eating, or tending to bodily functions. I love the outcome of this, but gosh, was it tedious and time consuming. Hope to have the applique border for Christmas of 2021.

Comment

All I can say is: WOW!

Comment

That is absolutely beautiful!

Comment

Way to go! It looks terrific!

Comment

Quilt still being completed. Borders are prepared edge hand appliqued. Created each one separately so could work on them and the center at the same time.

Comment

No attachment showing.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 65 users online. 0 members and 65 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X