[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Holiday Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

In response to John Anderson's great idea to make the back a time capsule, I did a little google research and found these cute Christmas ornaments on Etsy.
    They would be perfect to stitch onto the back of your Holiday quilt. Or use as spring board for ideas that you want to include on the time capsule side of the quilt.
    HelenW

Comment

Here we go! 240 HST's.
      Only 32 leaves so far.
      Decided to do turned edge on the holly leaves. (This is a gift for the nurse who saw me through my Dad's passing from Alzheimers in August.) Could not have managed without her.

Comment

Still making changes to what my holiday quilt will look like. Right now I am thinking MERRY CHRISTMOOSE.

I make a placemat gift card holder for a gift card for a quilting friend named Kathy. I had an elk pulling a sleigh and I put the gift card in the sleigh.
        Now I will find a clipart of a moose and have it pulling a sleigh between two stars. Will use some sort of holly design on the sides. I think I am ready to commit
        to this one. I have so much fun playing around with EQ8. HelenW

Comment

I'm making the stars for the Christmas quilt....should I be able to spin the seams to eliminate bulk? I am following the pattern for directions to press the seams. Thank you!!!

Comment

Finally got the holiday quilt center pieced. The words are just glued on so far, have to figure out how I want to put them on. Next will be the borders.
            Having so much fun with this. Thanks Alex!

Comment

Playing around...

Comment

Just realized that blue is the liturgical color for Advent -- so even though I don't have the right reds to make a Christmas quilt, maybe I can make an Advent quilt with candles and Jesse tree symbols. That gives me three choices for my non-Christmas Christmas quilt. Now, on to putting the stars together!

Comment

So much fun!!! So many half square triangles

Comment

Kurtel- are these the Tilda fabrics? I love your star!

Comment

I wanted a 2020 quilt and what better than friendship stars to represent friends, hope and the seasons in the year. There is a lot more symbolism in this quilt but I will explain that when I post the picture after I finish quilting it.

Comment

Comment

Where did you get the design for the star?

Comment

Where did you get the design for your star?

Comment

Originally posted by "Helene123" post=151866
                              Where did you get the design for your star?
                              Helene123, I used the one Alex pcresented ,but rotated the half square triangles and used different colors to see the secondary designs. Quilt Bob gave me the idea. Just scroll back thru the previous posts. If your question was not for me,just put the name of the person before you write the question . HelenW

Comment

Helen123,
                                Here's the site where I found the pattern: www.quiltwithmarcibaker.com
                                It's a paper pieced Star of David.
                                Hope this helps you.
                                Suegee

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 63 users online. 0 members and 63 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X