[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Holiday Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason I couldn’t do the holiday quilt with Alex. This has been 2 years from concept to completion. The small dots around the star are antique crystal buttons.

Comment

This wall hanging is the reason I couldn’t do the holiday quilt. But I still watched every show. Alex makes my week a lot brighter. By the way, the small dots radiating from the star are antique crystal buttons. This took me 2 years from concept to completion.

Comment

Originally posted by "mrsreyes" post=152105
        This wall hanging is the reason I couldn’t do the holiday quilt. But I still watched every show. Alex makes my week a lot brighter. By the way, the small dots radiating from the star are antique crystal buttons. This took me 2 years from concept to completion.

mrsreyes, What an outstanding wall hanging. Over the top beautiful. Love everything about it. And it is so unique looking. Great job!!! I would love to hear the thought process
        of how it developed in your mind. I usually start off with an idea and it morphs into a totally different look. I am so glad you took the time to post it and say it was why you did not
        join in making the Holiday quilt. I would love other TQS members to do the same. It is so inspiring. And yes, I agree with you. I watch all the shows even when I can't fit
        the time in for that specific project. HelenW

Comment

UFO completed because of holiday quilt border. Qayg
          Hand appliquéd raw edge. Angst

Comment

Hello friends -
            I just completed this version of Alex's Holiday Quilt - and went for a larger version. The light blue background helps the star points to pop. The HST units finish at 4 inches square, the holly leaves are about 5-1/2 inches long, and the berries are just under 2 inches across. Everything is prepared appliqué that I glued into place and then sewed down during the quilting. What a fun project - it is ready to be a Christmas gift for my son. A big thanks to Alex for leading us all through this.
            Best wishes,
            Mike

Comment

Now that one I could have finished. Smart lady!

Comment

Here's my holiday quilt top

Comment

LABEL SUPPLIES:
                  Here is a list of the supplies I mentioned on Monday, Dec 14, 2020 about creating labels.

MICRON PIGMA PENS (archival ink) available in craft and office supply stores
                  QUILTER'S FREEZER PAPER 8-1/2" x 11" (thicker than Reynold's brand to go through Ink Jet Printers) (TQS Shop)
                  ALEX'S FOUR-IN-ONE TOOL (stilleto, seam ripper, wooden iron and turning tool) (TQS Shop)
                  PRESICION TURNING TOOL (TQS Shop)
                  TSUKINELO ALL PURPOSE INK AND FANTISTIX ABSORBENT COLORING TOOLS (Check on-line)
                  JUNE TAILOR COLORFAST Sew in fabric sheets for Ink Jet Printers (Check on-line)
                  APPLIWEB PLUS fusible web with paper backing (TQS Shop)

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                  That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Comment

I’m almost finished with this runner for our Christmas table. The appliqué is based on the dishes my husband bought for me years ago.

Comment

Pam Gantz: beautiful runner! I wish I thad thought of doing my your way....love the poinsettias, too!

Comment

My completed holiday quilt which I made into a runner...a little too wide but the length was perfect for my table.

Comment

Oh, Pam and Paola, what beautiful table runners!

Comment

My quilt top is completed!

Comment

I like the way you did yours too. It is wider but looks good on your table. I like the echo quilting you did.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 63 users online. 0 members and 63 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X