Holiday Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "Jillypea" post=151692
    Thank you HelenW
    I am from the U.K. and will make a springtime quilt and I very much prefer your top suggestion of a regular star and with the colours of spring together, not scattered.
    I’m thinking orange and shades of purple for crocus, blues for forgetmenots, yellow for daffodils, then the colours of tulips and finally blossom for the appliqued edge.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
    Jillypea, Love you idea of going with spring flower colors. Sounds like a lot of fun. Hope you post pictures of the progress. HelenW

Comment

I am making a Christmas version and all the triangles are sewn and the papers removed. Starting in on the pressing, but have to take breaks and I get a backache doing the repeated pressing. If you want to try a six-point star in blue and white, here is a picture and an electric quilt file. It can't be pieced the same way, but it could be strip If I did my math correctly, it should finish at the same size as the original pattern. Happy Thanksgiving Day to all!

Comment

Originally posted by "QuiltBob" post=151701
        I am making a Christmas version and all the triangles are sewn and the papers removed. Starting in on the pressing, but have to take breaks and I get a backache doing the repeated pressing. If you want to try a six-point star in blue and white, here is a picture and an electric quilt file. It can't be pieced the same way, but it could be strip If I did my math correctly, it should finish at the same size as the original pattern. Happy Thanksgiving Day to all!
        QuiltBob, Your picture did not show up and I don't know if you can post an EQ8 file on the file and have EQ8 users be able to access it. Anyway, I found one 6 point star on myEQ8 and this was it. Is that the same as the one you have? HelenW

Comment

Thanks,
          I did try to upload the files. I tried If I put multiple files/pictures in one post are they eliminated? Or do they just need to be approved before they show up online?

Looking closer, I can't post a pdf file or an EQ file as only picture formats are allowed! I will convert the image to a picture to add later!

Comment

Just finished the 240 HST -- LOVE the Star Singles!!! I haven't used them before, or Triangles on a Roll, so it was a very nice surprise to find how easy they are and how accurate the results are. I wanted to make the Christmas version and was certain that I had more than enough reds in my stash. Unfortunately, the reds I have are mostly too pink or too orange, so I'm using a set of blue fat quarters that I've had for ages. I'll either make my quilt with a summer theme, or perhaps a nautical theme with "rope" instead of the vine and maybe international maritime flags instead of holly and berries. Not sure -- glad I have time to think and play with ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by "QuiltBob" post=151701

QuiltBob, your picture is now there, so you figured it out. Are you getting the backaches from standing at the ironing board. Maybe you could make a little mat ironing board,
              where you could sit in your sewing chair while you press. Some times getting a half sized iron helps if the weight is a problem. HelenW

Comment

Thanks, it was aching because I was leaning over. I just have to remember not to lean forward to see that I press the seams fully open. I also adjusted the way I turned the block for pressing and got a good system going. All pressed, not to start the assembly...tomorrow!

Comment

I really like the red picture will all the points dark. You have inspired me to play and see what arrangements I can create!

Comment

I turned in to a Christmas runner.

Comment

1949tiny- Wow! What a go-getter! This is beautiful and I love the colors in your half square triangles.

Comment

I'm. using Tilda fabric to make a spring star wall hanging. i will applique flowers in the borders

Comment

1949tiny, Love your runner. Made me think I might do something like that. Just playing in EQ8 to try out some ideas. HelenW

Comment

I am going to flip some blocks and arrange mine this way.

Comment

Papers all sewn, removing it now, I’ll iron them tomorrow. This was a fun pile of red and white fabric. Thanks Alex for another great quilt! ??

Comment

QuiltBob, That last post was a great variation of the holiday star. Thanks for sharing. I think I will use it in mine. This is my latest draft. HelenW

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 81 users online. 0 members and 81 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X