[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Member Blog Notifications

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi girls! I'm enjoying checking out all your blogs. I left a comment Janice, and Betty Jo your new birdfeeder sounds very successful. I love when the colorful birds like goldfinches stop at mine too.
    Here I go to see what's new on Terry's.
    Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

I posted about my latest blog on a separate topic I started because it's such a big thing for me. But I thought I'd also drop the link here. My big Bernina is on the fritz. Here's the blog post about it: http://www.blog.bjfabricartist.com/2016/05/thoughts-about-machines/
      Happy Mother's Day everyone! Cheers. BJ

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

BJ, so sorry to hear of Gibbs illness. My Bernina 730, Sybil, began smoking last year and I thought she was a goner. It took 2 months for parts but Mr. Fix It made her well for around $350.00. So, there is hope that Gibbs just wanted a little time off!

Take care, geneva
        Geneva

Comment

Thank you Geneva! I'll let you all know what happens. Good thoughts, and yes even prayers, are appreciated. This has been a big deal to me, but at least I'm not stopped completely. I have my backup machines up and running.

Comment

Betty Jo, I hope you will post an update once you have been to the 'spa' for Gibbs. I so hear you about the cost of the machine and then the repairs along the way. . .one would think at some point Bernina would stop using their customers as beta testers. I'm glad that you have back up machines so that although you have to alter your work plan, you can still move forward.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you Moms in TQS land. I've posted a update to my blog. I tried hard to have another finish this week in my 2016 FAL challenge; but, it just wasn't to be. You can read it here: or click on the link below:
            http://terryknott.blogspot.com/2016/05/no-more-walking-foot.html
            I blogged about my quilting progress on the hexagon quilt. The photo below is the quilting design that I wanted to use; however, I didn't. You'll have to read why it didn't work out! Please come visit!!!

I love comments!

Comment

Thanks Terry. Your work, as always, is wonderful and I love keeping up with it. As to Berninas, in this case I don't think this is a beta test machine. I know the 830 had a hard time in the beginning, and they should have used a heavier beta testing for it before releasing it, but by the time I bought mine..an 830 LE..they had fixed the majority of the problems. I have used mine nearly every day since I purchased it 4 and a half years ago, had it maintained only twice during that time, and it has worked wonderfully for me up until last week when it went kaput. The last three years, especially, I have run it hard and fast and long. I probably put as much sewing on it as I did in 15 or 20 years on my older machine if not more. My old Bernina 1230 has been around since I purchased it in 1990, when it was the top of the line. I sewed heavily on it most weekends (I was working and traveling a heavy schedule at that time), and some evenings and vacations, until I bought a 200E, at which time it became my backup machine. I have only had it maintained once (but I have kept it clean and oiled). It still runs well. I bought the B350 early in 2012, or maybe it was in December 2011, when I bought Gibbs for my then new full time retirement fabric arts career, because I needed a light machine to carry to classes and the like. It has never had really hard use, and I love the way it sews, but it is little. I really believe that Berninas are still the best, even though many people are frustrated with the more advanced pricey machines that are really computers with mechanics, which are almost certainly not as sturdy as a mostly mechanical machine. I do hope it is repairable to run another few years because I really use the functions of the 8 series Berninas. If they can repair it for a reasonable amount, I can go ahead and purchase a sit down longarm. Otherwise, I will have to figure out what the blinkety-blank I am going to do, because I have become kind of dependent on it.

Comment

Terry, your quilting and quilt look wonderful! Pushing and pulling a quilt through the small harp can be a pain, but when it's done, it's so nice.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on how you get your quilts done!

geneva
                Geneva

Comment

I have a new blog post here for anyone who is interested. I've started piecing a new quilt top and am working on getting my mojo back.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Nancy!
                    I liked all three of your recent projects on your blog, especially the ying and yang piecing!

Barb :-)

Comment

Nancy, you've been busy and with 3 completely different projects. They are all so interesting.

Thanks for sharing. geneva
                      Geneva

Comment

Geneva and Betty Jo, thank you for the kind words about my blog. It was great to read others entries and comments. Thank you all for keeping us updated! Speaking of updates, Betty Jo, what is the word about Gibbs?

Nancy, I sure enjoyed your blog. The first part about motivation sure hit home with me as I've been struggling with that too!

Comment

Hi Terry, Gibbs got repaired on the spot at G Street by Lew, the tech magician they have there. He took it all apart, said it was completely out of timing everywhere and something was nearly off. He found a hard knot of tangled thread (don't know how that happened), took it all apart, put it back together all clean and oiled and perfectly fine and pronounced it still in good shape and that it should last some time. So here's my blog about what I'm going to do now: http://www.blog.bjfabricartist.com/2016/05/betty-jos-fabric-arts-the-adventure-continues/ I'm thinking I'm just a little bit crazy. LOL

Comment

Awesome news about Gibbs, Betty Jo! How special Lew was able to repair him on the spot so you weren't out having to come back through traffic to pick him up. Kudos to G Street!

Comment

I finished quilting my block of the month hexagon quilt! I quilted some swirls in some areas of the outer border. You can read more by clicking here: or here:
                              http://terryknott.blogspot.com/2016/05/hexagon-quilting-finished-3rd-fal-2nd.html
                              Thanks for coming to visit!

Comment

I've posted a new blog entry. If interested, head over

For this post, I've completed the center of my latest quilt and have a few knitted items that I've completed. Hope you enjoy!.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 21 users online. 0 members and 21 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X