[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Member Blog Notifications

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great blogs Betty Jo and Nancy! Thanks for keeping us updated!

Comment

Here is my latest, a Tutorial for making pieced borders fit perfectly, using Rajah Revisited for the demo.

http://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com/2016/04/tutorial-magic-of-floater-borders.html

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
      North Alabama, USA
      "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

I have another finish for the 2016 Quilt Along Challenge. The challenge is a way to help me finish some of those WIPs I can't seem to finish! The first quarter, I managed to make my list and finished two items on the list; but, missed posting the finishes. This quarter, I'm determined to have more finishes. So rather than say, finish butterfly quilt, I've been more specific--like pin butterfly quilt. I hope that by taking the task in smaller chunks, I'll make more progress. Time will tell won't it? :cheer: Here is the link:
        http://terryknott.blogspot.com/2016/04/the-back-2nd-finish-for-fal-2nd-quarter.html
        Come see what I did with these leftovers:

Remember, I love comments!

Comment

Just popped in to have a quick look and see what's going on on the forum. Very glad that you started this thread Terry. I am still cross that they disposed of our blogs and did not reinstate them. And for them to delete a thread for spurious reasons suggests to me that the site is being run by people who have no clue as to what we quilters are like, and what we want from a forum. I've been reading some of the blogs and really enjoying them. Please keep posting.

Comment

Awesome to hear from you, Rita! I too have missed the blogs and similarly surmised your conclusion which truly makes me sad. I so enjoyed having a cuppa and catching up with members, their projects, their life changes and offering support. Tell us, please, are you still singing arrangements from your sweetie? I still remember your preparations and posting of that very special inauguration. Yes, we all must keep posting so those in the know see the picture of how important this style of communication is to us.

Comment

Hi Rita! So glad to see you pop in. I've missed seeing your comments I too am saddened by the way the blogs were never restored and no one explained why and how the forum, in particular, is being run. The shows are still great. Anyway, heroes like Terry are carrying the ball here, and hopefully the site will move forward to being as great as it once was. I have the feeling the membership may be down. There certainly are fewer quilts being put on the gallery. I hope it improves. Maybe the leadership is too stretched. Anyway, I have a couple of new blog posts since I last posted:

http://www.blog.bjfabricartist.com/2016/04/a-new-birdfeeder/
              http://www.blog.bjfabricartist.com/2016/04/when-projects-go-awry/

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

Hi Rita nice to see you're still around. I must make another blog post. I've enjoyed catching up on the others and have been educated. Love them xx

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Great to 'see' you again Rita. You have been missed. Hope you make it to our virtual retreat now and again too.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

I've missed you Rita!

I'm glad Terry started this topic and that others link their blogs to it. I enjoy seeing what everyone is doing.

geneva
                    Geneva

Comment

[hide]Hi Rita. Great to hear from you. I find that this new site is not as comfortable as the old. I have really tried to get used to it but find that I spend much less time on TQS since its inauguration. I still enjoy the shows but sure miss the other parts of the old site.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful May 1. I enjoy reading the blogs from TQS members and created a group on Bloglovin so I can keep up with the new posts. It is inspiring to see what you all are working on.[/hide]

Comment

I feel the same way Debbie. Nice to hear from y'all and yes I am still singin' away! Might even make it across the water next year with a new project, with a bit of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by "Reetzbobeetz" post=136969
                          I feel the same way Debbie. Nice to hear from y'all and yes I am still singin' away! Might even make it across the water next year with a new project, with a bit of luck.
                          Keep us posted on your plans. USA is a big place. We need plenty of heads up time to make plans to see you if you come. Good to hear from you.

Comment

Rita....Like everybody else ! Good to "see" you ! And this site is cumbersome for sure ! I struggle on just the same...
                            hate to give up. :evil: It's been a long winter and spring....sewing when I can.... Sure do enjoy the blogs and
                            follow along quietly! Do drop in again soon !

Comment

How wonderful to hear from so many people today! I hear you about not coming to the site as much. Make this spot a place to check in and let us know what you are doing. Now to go read BJ's second blog!!

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                                Tonight, I posted a photo of my latest crazy quilt block on my blog. I've been working on a wallhanging which will feature twelve photos from my grandmother's album. I'm about half way done, and it continues to be a labor of love. The images give a glimpse into simpler times. If you enjoy crazy quilting or period photos from the turn of the last century, please stop by . . . http://apositiveoutlook-janice.blogspot.com/

There are a few other recent non-quilting related posts. Check out who kept me company on my way home from a quilt retreat on Cape Cod. :-)

Janice

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16 users online. 0 members and 16 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X