[vb_main_1]

hospital update

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

KATHY

I HAD CROHNS DISEASE FOR SEVERAL YEARS BEFORE THEY PUT A NAME TO IT. FINALLY IN 1977 I HAD TO HAVE SURGERY. THEY REMOVED 12 INCHES OF MY SMALL INTESTINES BECAUSE OF AN OBSTRUCTION. AFTER THE SURGERY I HAVE NOT HAVE ANY MORE PAIN, ONLY DIARRHEA. I HAVE TO HAVE A B-12 SHOT ONCE A MONTH BECAUSE THEY REMOVED MY ILEUM AND THAT IS WHERE YOU ABSORB B-12. I HOPE YOU GET TO FEELING BETTER.

MIMI (JIMMIE)

Comment

Kathy, my grandchildren both suffer with Crohn's Disease. It's not pleasant. I hope that they get you some relief.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Thank you everyone for all the well wishes and your loving prayers. I'm feeling abit better. I'm still having small gastric pains,nothing like before.Why is it when you feel down there is a hundred things you feel that need to be done!!! I'm sorry to say this but I don't think I will be doing the 2009 bom,"I will enjoy watching the progress of each one who participates in the beautiful 2009 bom." I Love the 2009 bom pattern. I also love 2008 bom patterns. I think Sue has done a great job with the pattern and instructions.

Jimmie
        I'm sorry to hear you have the crohns disease and you had to have surgery,I'm glad that the surgery has helped you, Dang on those B.shots,ouchy. I hope you we're treated with great care. I have had gastritis,gerd/alsar for about 8 years now so i'm pretty sure this will end up as my diagnoses. Hoping I don't end up having to have surgery but it doesn't look good so far. I had to have 6 iv's put in not counting the pokes they didn't get. I finally said they should at least give me a numb shot before putting them in,nurse told me they didn't have the capabilities on there floor, Now that is just not right. If I have to go back in they are gonna find the capabilities,believe me!!! Plus they better knock my butt out 30 minutes before anything if they need to do any type of surgery. They could have stopped the procedure knocked me out then went at it again,I was very disapointed in them. I will be going over all this with my Dr. They have medications so I think they should use them when needed. I hope that you continue to do well through out the crohns disease.

Margo
        I'm so sorry to hear your grandchildren have this crohns disease. I hope they get the best of care. It breaks my heart to see a child have to endure such bad things in health. I hope they are doing well through thier treatments. May God Bless them and keep them well.

May the new year bring you everyone Love,Peace,Joy,Good Health.

God Bless,Love & Hugzzz,Kathy

Comment

Florence
          LOL!!! Okay; I only like needles that pertain to my quilting needs and everyone else's quilting needs and our knitting & crocheting!!! I would rather be on that liquid diet then face the darn Nat!!! LOL!
          The hospital food was yucky.
          "Thanks for the smiles"
          Hugzzz,Kathy

Comment

Thanks, Kathy! TheGrands are both doing well right now. Just before Thanksgiving Jordanne's feeding tube was removed and she seems to be handling food pretty well. She turned 9 in September and had been on a nasal feeding tube for almost 3 years! We are thrilled. Jacob (8) is not as affected with symptoms as Jordanne, and we take every day that they feel good as a blessing!!

Hope you keep improving!

Comment

Katz WELCOME BACK :!: :!: :!: Glad to hear you are feeling better. Did you think that maybe that little bug heard that some of his friends were in your room too so he came by for a visit. Why else would he be on your food :?: :?: Silly :roll: How else is he going to get to them :?: Oh well it was better off for him that he didn't succeed in his destination after all it was a suicide mission. :lol: Besides that male nurses aid that offered to give you a shower just wanted to see your cute backside again. But you went and put on PJ bottoms. So he had to show you how manly he was by trying to squash a gnat. :lol: Maybe I exagerate but I have a very vivid imagination that tends to go overboard on some things. So I am picturing this 6 foot 6 inch guy who is all muscles destroying your room trying to destroy a fruit fly to impress you. :lol: Oh well get better quickly RAchel

Comment

Rachel
                Thanks for the laughs!!! I would have worn my pj's to surgery if I could have!

Margo
                I pray that your grandchild Jordanne gets that feeding tube taken out soon and can start eating as normal,I know this has been pure hell on your grandchildren Jordanne and Jordon and the family. May God shed his healing powers to your grandchildren Jordanne & Jordon soon. Jordanne & Jordon will be in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless,Kathy

Comment

Kathy, I'm praying for you and your poor body that has been through alot!!! Get better soon!!! Judy in Torrance

Comment

Kat, I just found this thread. I am so sorry you have been so sick. I know what it is like to have those gut pains, no one has been able to tell me what is wrong. I had the upper and lower tests again this month and am waiting for the dr appt to find out results. Somedays the heating pad is my best friend! You are in my prayers and I hope you continue on the mend. God bless
                    Joan

Comment

I don't come to the forum very often but with work so slow I had nothing else to do it seems. I was so glad to see this post as I've also been waiting for an update from your DH. (Tell him thank you for the post and the blog!!) I'm so sorry you are having to go through this!! Take are of yourself and keep us posted. HUGS!! Kelly in CO

Comment

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and Prayers.

Joan
                        Please let me know what your Dr. says. Today I have done really well no pains at all so I'm thinking the meds must be working well. I did feel tired from one med and I ate like a horse today,I found out one of the meds helps the appetite,I don't think I ate like this before, I know I'll gain afew pounds from this med. I got to drink milk today for the first time in years=milk bothered me I Love cold milk. had 3 glasses today. Dr. didn't put me on any special diet,hope I don't have to be on one,certain foods would aggravate symtoms badly but I'm hoping the meds will take care of this.I did have abit of gerd problem yesterday/today,Abit of foam.
                        Like you heat brought some comfort but not much. I can tell a difference in my throat passage now since they stretched it. Food goes down much easier,have much better air passage to. I still have to have a upper GI xray done. Then I will get a diagnoses.
                        I wish you the very best through out your treatment and diagnoses. Keep me updated on How you are doing.

All my best to you everyone. Hugzzz,Kathy

Comment

Kathy, are you at home or still in the hospital? Glad to hear some progress is happening and no pain. Woohoo.

I'm on my second day that ding dangy bug that's gotten everyone. Fever, chills, aches and coughing and sinuses. Go away world!

Comment

Patti
                            I'm at home now,I was in the hospital for four days. I'm being a brave soul today,"LOL", I just copied off all of the Jan 2009 Bom. I'm thinking I'm gonna try this after all. I keep telling everyone else they can do it so I think I should give it a go to, No presure's right! TQS has helped me through out my quilting growth in so many ways so I think this will be agreat pattern to explore! Lord help me because I'm gonna need it, though the confidence is there
                            I'm feeling much better now,no pain Yeah,the meds are working well.

My sewing machine misses Me this I know !!!

'Your' quilt is Beautiful. I love the fabrics and the pattern is super nice. Hope you get over the nasty bug quickly,Lots of soups and a a warm heating pad,plus the darn meds,get plenty of rest.Take care of our sweet dear friend Patti. Have a nice week end.

God Bless, Love & Hugzzz, Kathy

Comment

Kathy I had that when I was in Pa. I hate being away from home and being sick had to take the midication the DR gave me that makes me a little off did not take it yesterday had 2 weeks of ironing to do to day we are taking down the tree and putting the living room back together Happy

Comment

a warm heating pad
                                Here's a get-well chuckle for those of us ladies of a certain age-- for Christmas, Mama ordered monogrammed heating pad covers for all the girls in the family... daughters, DIL, my cousin's wife, SIL, (figuring that by the time you no longer have cramps you've got other aches & pains...) and of course, all the DGD's... and then realized she'd have to buy heating pads for the young ones!! (my youngest niece is almost 19-- I was GOOD friends with my heating pad by that age!) So we had a good laugh, telling them NOW they can tether themselves to the wall once a month instead of using those disposable heat wrap deals! Progress?? BUT this is monogrammed! LOL!!
                                Florence

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 45 users online. 0 members and 45 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X