[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

hospital update

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

:P Yea!! Kathy's home!! Feel better soon! That's a great guy you have there kiddo!
    Sherry

Comment

So glad you are home and feeling better! Wow! You really had a trip, didn't you?

Rest and recover!

Comment

Thank you everyone. TQS is a Blessing,thank you. Pete got me a lap top hp. So I can check in while I get alittle bed rest. This will take time to learn! I know I'll get behind and have alot to catch up on. Right now all Dr.has told me is that my small intestines is spasming with the large intestines in an area about 6 inches,that is causing the pains,this area is problem,that I could have parasites or bugs will know more once he can have a better look with upper gi exray. I'm pretty sore in my lower ab-belly. My throat is quite sore too,I looked at my throat and boy did they stretch the esophagus,huge now--look out if I snore now!!!lol. I didn't get to talk to the Dr much after surgery,I did get to talk with the house Dr. I was not happy with the result of having to endure the pain when they did this surgery and I'm going to tell the Dr. they didn't wait long enough for the med to kick in,thats pure torture when they could have knocked me out. they did spray something into my throat that was supse to help the numbing,not much at all as for numbness. I'll say I sure couldn't get away with two holding me down. With this aside I can tell a big difference in my throat which is good. I had a guy Nurse aide standing by my bed side one morning and asked me if I needed help getting a shower!lol,NO!!! Everyone got a laugh out of that,if I needed help I would wait on my Hubby or daughters to help! Then today before I left my lunch came with a nat--I click for nurse and say I got a bug with my lunch-guess it came with the lettuce on my chicken sandwich, Here came the guy nurse aide trying to chase the nat around my room,it landed on my iv/bag I said don't hit it,it was on my milk carton when he first came to the room.Well he couldn't catch the nat,Pete gets there and he couldn't catch it either. Some may think its just a darn little nat but I was told I might have parasite or bugs in my intestines but I'm like oh hell NO-kill the darn nat its buzzing around my iv bag,well everyone thinks I'm crazy over the dang nat buzzing around in my room. Keep your dang nats in the kitchen-OH Boy!!! Didn't want it laying eggs in my sight. I just can't imagine what they thought about me calling about getting a nat with my lunch, Might have been good protien!!! Tommorrow Pete is making me some home made veg. soup,I Love his soup. Thought maybe you would get a laugh about the darn nat wanting to torture me!!!lol. Im off to get my zzz's. I'll update once I find out about my diagnoses. They gave me three different meds to take,I'll have to let you know tommorrow what they are. I'll probally sleep all day tommorrow. May God Bless you everyone. Much Love,Hugzzz,Kathy Ps. I had to come back to edit this note to add that every time I log off that I've found myself waving right back at ya= Alex & Ricky! Smiles!!! God Bless our TQS family

Comment

So glad to hear that they didn't mess up your sense of humor!! Kat you are too funny!! :lol:

Rest well, and keep us posted.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
          That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Thanks for sharing that funny story, Kathy! With all you've been through it's still great to be able to laugh.

Rest and heal and laugh when you can.

Barbara

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
            North Alabama, USA
            "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

ok, Kat - I LOL while I read your post! Thank you! A good friend has had to have his esophogus stretched too and he is always knocked out - he says it's miserable too! Hoping that they figure out what is causing the stomache pains that they are able to quickly and successfully treat it! Take care and keep getting lots of rest! Mary Kay

Comment

Thanks so much for the update Pete. Trust Kat not to waste potential creative time. Give her a hug from the UK. Maggi

Comment

Kat, you have maintained your sense of humor - always a useful asset during times of stress!

Hope they get you assessed and diagnosed soon so the treatment can begin!
                  Lynn

Comment

Kat, welcome back! Please remember to take it easy! Yup, you were right, WE enjoyed hearing about the gnat torture session! :wink: :lol:

Comment

So glad you are home and feeling a little better. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Maggi

Comment

Kathy -- I was laughing so darn hard reading about the stupid nat. Feel better soon and let the family do for you now since you do so much for them.

Hugs, Sharon

Comment

I'm thinking maybe because my viens were not participating that my iv wasn't working well and thats why the med didn't help much during surgery. I sure don't like the new procedure they do by back flushing out your iv after each med,burns badly. I'm not sure that didn't have something to do with the viens collasping each time. They are treating my illness as a crohn's disease but they have not diagnosed this. They give me three meds,a whopping $225.00 Asacol tab 400 mg.- Entocort EC Cap 3mg. - Nexium cap 40 mg. One med is a steroid-not happy about that. One med makes me sleepy-not happy about that. I hope I'm not Drowsy all the time. Pete's home made veg soup was GOOD and the corn bread to,just what I needed. I told him that will be our new years eve tradition! His soup is better than mine,daughter Cinda agrees!!! LOL. Take care everyone.
                          I'm trying to catch up in power spouts!
                          Happy New Years Everyone.
                          Love and Hugzzz,Kathy

Comment

Glad to hear you're home Katzzz! I think the gnat with your lunch was a clue you were off the clear liquid diet!! LOL! But you know if you hadn't cared they'd probably know you weren't well enough to be released!!

But, we must do something about your statement that you hate needles... you MUST be specific b/c we all know you can't sew without needles! HAA! :lol:

And laptop sounds like a nice recovery present! Give Pete lots of hugs he's a keeper!
                            Florence

Comment

Kathy, so glad you're home. I've been checking the blogs and didn't see anything. Finally got to the forum today and found the update. Will keep you on my prayer list and hope you have a speedy recovery!

Comment

Kathy,

Take good care of your special self. We missed you and it was great to read your messages today. I, too, loved the nat story. Actually, I could amost picture trying to catch it. They are tough little buggers to catch -- I know because I've tried and they are slippery.

I wish you a speedy recovery and try to take it easy and not overdo. I know it will be hard but please try to rest and let the medicine do its thing.

Hugs,

JoJo

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR
                                <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress">http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress</a><!-- m -->

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 43 users online. 0 members and 43 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X