[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

How Do I Get It Back?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great to see you back, Robin Happy new year!

Comment

Glad to hear that you have found something to spark your enthusiasam again. Wishing you a Happy New Year, and looking forward to hearing & seeing your achievements.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your severe illness, Robin. And bravo for making such advances! As you know, take it slowly. Something by hand. Or finish a UFO that has hardly any work left to do on it. The finish will motivate you for something else.
        All the best.

Comment

Robin,
          I was going to suggest some hand piecing which is portable and fun at the same time. Also you could pull a Jinny Beyer and work on a quilt all by hand - perhaps starting with a small one in colours that you have already sorted!! Keep on practicing and keep us posted!

Jeanine

Comment

Good for you having started the baby quilt. It sounds like a very interesting challenge. Keep us posted on how you are doing. It's nice to hear from you again.

Comment

Welcome back, Robin! Nice to see you back on the forum.

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

To encourage you, Robin:

One small step for the sisterhood of lounge Lizards and mug ruggers, one giant step for me.

You were asking about `how you get it back', and most people are telling you: take it slow, one step at a time. Well, I had surgery in October, and wasn`t feeling too perky before that. Then, lots of complications, blah blah. When I got home I thought `Now, in this recovery time, I`m going to do lots of sewing ( thinking: sewing doesn`t take a lot of energy. LOL))

Well yesterday, JANUARY 7th, almost three moths after the operation was the first time since the operation that I sewed! With the sewing machine! Up to then, I had only done a few short hand stitches on a UFO, but yesterday I sewed - peiced a colourful binding and sewed it on! Then I had a three-hour nap.

So, one day it will come for yo, just as it did for me, but I can't beleive how much time it took to actually 'get it back'. Sounds like you've been through a lot more than I have, so rest assured, one day IT will come back. Once you've got it ( the quilting bug) you never loose it...like riding a bicycle!

All the best to you. nGood luck.

PS - I had a LOT of support from the lounge lizards and mug ruggers and look forward to finishing my mug rug list now. But maybe not all tomorrow! One day at a time!

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

That's it, one day, and one stitch at a time...

And muggies are a great way to sew a little something that let's you explore ideas, energy levels and even your mojo, without committing to a big project... Just do one at a time... Whenever...

And enjoy what you're doing!

If you feel up to a muggie or two, or just want to hang out, join us over on the mug rug exchange: http://forum/friendship-triangle-exc...yourself-style

This is the link to the first page, outlining the "Rules" - the main one being: don't let yourself get stressed and just have fun!
                  And no, you certainly don"t need to read all two hundred and odd pages, but you might want to click into this and that one, just to get a feel how we can get sidetracked... And have a look at some of the great muggies that have roamed the world...

Comment

Glad to hear that you're making it back, Terrie! Definitely listen to your body and rest when needed. Sewing does use a lot of energy, some physical and some mental. Enjoy it when you can, rest when you need to! And come visit us when you need a little distraction!

Nancy

Comment

Originally posted by rehak
                      Glad to hear that you're making it back, Terrie! Definitely listen to your body and rest when needed. Sewing does use a lot of energy, some physical and some mental. Enjoy it when you can, rest when you need to! And come visit us when you need a little distraction!

Nancy
                      We're good at distraction :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :roll: :lol:

Comment

Heck Terrie you've got it back! and more. How glamorous do you look in your new avatar

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Originally posted by twiglet
                          Heck Terrie you've got it back! and more. How glamorous do you look in your new avatar
                          Yes, WOW Terrie

living in Central Denmark
                          Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Indeed Wow Terrie - you look years younger!

Comment

Looking good, Terrie. So glad you are on the mend. It's good to have you back here on a regular basis.

Comment

EUREKA! My copy of THE QUILT LIFE magazine came yesterday and there is an article in this issue that spoke directly to me!

"Shifting Gears" by Clare O'Donohue tells how she went about getting her quilting MoJo back, and how it worked for other areas of her life too!

Excellent advice, and something that I'm ready to try!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                                That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 81 users online. 0 members and 81 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X