[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I finally got mine this far. I studied it a long time...moved it around , tried other lay-outs
    and ended up about as simple as I could get !! Then I thought I wanted to include the names..but
    really didn't like anything I attempted...so will put on back in a special block..with a map to whose is what.. :shock:
    Here's photo..will cut and fit borders then do applique..design yet to come !! Couple of emb. projects on the
    board and a little Civil War quilt cut out and ready to sew. Mug Rugs...what was I thinkin' :?: :mrgreen:

Comment

I like your layout Marilyn. What size is that now? And what will it be with the borders?

Margo, they will turn up - they are probably under Wendy's bed beneath the batting. My friend's quilt that she lost turned up under a pile of batting maybe that's where yours are too?

Comment

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
        That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

MIne has been on the back burner too. One reel is finished. I had to see what it looked like with the top, bottom and sides on. It is still on my design wall, so I won't forget it. I did come across the rest of the reels on Wed., so I know right where they are.
          I also have the Laura Nownes quilt on my design wall. I also have five quilt tops hanging in the closet waiting to be quilted. I don't know what I will do first. I have company this week, so it will all wait another week. One of my daughters gave me a quilt kit for Christmas that I am anxious to cut into too. I only have 3 days a week, 7 hours each, when I can sew/quilt. There is just not enough time for all I want to do.

Comment

Rita...The top is 47"x 54" now. I'm going to cut the borders 8 1/2 " as in Edyta's book. That
            makes it 55" x 62" or there abouts ! I'm just am not sure I will use her figures , shapes etc.
            May do something else.... :|

Comment

WOW what a nice but busy winter this has been. Hi ya all from the Dakota Praries, it's me Bren fresh from the ranch.. only a few minutes to post..
              I am still quilting,
              I finished our youngest daughters wedding quilt,
              I am binding another ladies quilt,
              I am trying to finish my Wot Rott quilt,
              We are still working on the Quilting studio at the old school house...
              "It is now officially called "The Quilt Studio", and no longer "the old school house!"
              We have spent about 30 days this past 30 days in the calving barn or in the calving lot.
              We had several warmer nights with the moon out and no wind and let me tell you at 2 a.m. and 9 degrees above zero F.,
              THAT IS WONDERFUL! For some reason this year almost all of the hefiers babies had to be pulled into this world
              because they were huge! I don't know how that can happen with the drought we are in and little feed and grass....

An amazing thing happed today The good Lord sent us rain and I have to tell you it smelled SO GOOD! Thank you Father
              ! I can actually hear the grass growing! LOL!

Marilyn, I love what you are getting done on your quilt
              And Rita is right... "WHERE ARE ALL THOSE QUILTS AT"????

TTY all real soon I hope, Take care all you "wild and quilty" quilter friends of mine! Blessings to all.

Comment

Marilyn, your spools are cool! I'm curious about your map of names. I flashed on the thought of taking of picture of the quilt, writing the names on the section, and printing with TAP fabric transfer paper. Do you know what's going on with the book of quilts? I wasn't part of this exchange, but would love to see all the quilts.

Comment

marilyn, i love it!

Comment

Marilyn I have been doing my own thing for the applique borders and as a consequence it's taking a lot longer. :roll: But I am nearly there now. I did discover that I had cut my top and border fabrics 6" to small but as I was planning on doing cornerstones rather than one continuous piece top and bottom I have just extended the corners by 6" and appliqued over the joins. Bummer, but not the end of the world. I will post a photo as soon as I have finished.

Bren it's nice to hear from you and I am glad that you have finally got some rain - we have finally got some sunshine for the past few days - but brass monkey weather to go with it. It would be lovely to get sun and warmth at the same time sometime.

Susan, I believe the book had a temporary glitch and I don't know where it is now. Rosemary is gone on holidays for a week so we probably won't know until she comes back. Anyway, with so few completed quilts the book can't really proceed.

I would love to hear from some of the other members of this exchange and to see what you have done so far?

Comment

I have been searching for the show and tell area. Can someone tell me how to get there to see pictures of the quilts.

Comment

Click on 'quilt gallery' then 'show and tell' and scroll down the page until you come to Wot RoTT and click on entries.

Comment

My quilt is still sitting where it was last when I posted about it with photos of the quilt top. Did not realize there was a show and tell section so thank you Rita, I will post it there when quilted. Maybe after Chinese Whispers I'll be able to get back to it for quilting. Would love to see it finished and displayed!

Comment

I have mine on my longarm right now and hope to finish it soon. I'll post a picture when I get it finished. I just used the same pattern as the one in Edyta's book.

Susan
                            Chewelah, WA

Comment

Well I think that quilt tops and finished quilts can go into the Show and Tell page so Renata you know what to do. Susan101 even though you did the same pattern as Edyta's I am sure it will look different because the fabrics we all used will be different and maybe your background fabric was different? I really look forward to seeing it. I wish I had a longarm...then I would be able to get it at the back of my cupboards more easily. :lol:

Comment

Rita, you are welcome to come use mine!! :wink:

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                                That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 133 users online. 0 members and 133 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X