[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made a spool block this afternoon - another AAQI quilt. This time I used one of the fancy stitches on my machine and in my over-enthusiastic way I just have to show anybody who is interested. The spool is one of Maureen's (scottishquilter).

It has been such an awful day here today - wind rain, mist, cold - DH sat by the fire and watched Queen Elizabeth's diamond jubilee water pageant. The whole thing was almost ruined by the weather and commentators who know nothing about boats! I spent the time making this little quilt instead. :mrgreen:

Comment

Rita, your two little quilts from the reel blocks are so cute! I love them.

It is good to hear that everyone is starting to receive their packages. I loved seeing all of them and sorting them and it was a little sad to package them up and send them on their way. But I know they all went to good homes and now the excitement will be to see all of the creative projects that will be done with them. I had such a wonderful time helping Rosemary with this exchange.

My parents arrived last Monday. My DH has been entertaining them this week while I worked, but we've had fun this weekend and now we are off to The Netherlands for the next few days.

Lorna

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
        I made a spool block this afternoon - another AAQI quilt. This time I used one of the fancy stitches on my machine and in my over-enthusiastic way I just have to show anybody who is interested. The spool is one of Maureen's (scottishquilter).

It has been such an awful day here today - wind rain, mist, cold - DH sat by the fire and watched Queen Elizabeth's diamond jubilee water pageant. The whole thing was almost ruined by the weather and commentators who know nothing about boats! I spent the time making this little quilt instead. :mrgreen:
        Rita, your two quilts are terrific. Love the way the birdhouse worked. I really loved the machine stitch you used in your spool one; I don't think I have seen that before. What machine do you have? Thank you for using my reel makes me want to start thinking of ways to make my quilt.

I too watched part of Queen Elizabeth's diamond jubilee water pageant and as you say it was mostly ruined by the very bad weather . A pity she didn’t come up here to the Clyde as we had very nice dry weather today. Mind you we don’t know what it is going to be like from day to day, we have had days up to 28c and the next day way down to 16c :!: :!: :!:

Comment

Hi Maureen, It's got me thinking about my quilt too! I have a Janome Horizon and i just love it. There is also a sewing needle and thread stitch and a scissors stitch. I plan on using all of them in some of the quilts. And as for the weather - well it has just become our typical summer now hasn't it! The kids got their holidays on Friday and my son was bemoaning the fact that he and his school friends were planning on meeting at the beach all this week! That's not likely now.

Comment

Love your little spool quilt Rita and the spool stitch is just perfect.

Comment

Rita, I just love your little birdhouse and spool quilts! I really like your decorative stitching! I have a Viking that has scissors and a needle and thread. I've used those on a couple of small projects. The decorative stitches are so fun to use.

Comment

I really like the pictures,. thanks for sharing them. Rita, I have 'saved' a pic of your quilts, for reference; I hope that's okay. I love the colour of Maureen's reel - I forget the name of the food that goes with it, but looks like raspberry souffle. I hope one of them is in my package whenever it arrives.

Comment

Rita, both of your small quilts are fantastic. I just watched the show about Ami Simms and her AAQl initiative. Your quilts gave me inspiration to make one. Maureen, I see my spools in one of your groups. I hope I get one of your lovely spools also.

Comment

Thanks guys, I am glad you like the little quilts. In all honesty the spool one took about 2 hours to make. I had left-over binding from another project which worked perfectly with both quilts. The applique one took a little longer but really in all about 4 hours. It is just amazing seeing everybody's different fabrics. I can quite see how Rosemary was finding it hard to part with them! :lol:

Comment

Maureen and Rita, your reels look amazing on your design walls! I can't wait to see what you do with them. Rita, your AAQI quilts are so cool. What you did with the bird feeder is amazing and I love how the reel looks like a wooden one because of the color you chose. Lorna sent an email--my reels are in the mail... am looking forward to receiving them too!

I feel wasted but happy after three days of a local quilt show. My pocketbook does not share my glee... TOO BAD! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

All these little quilts are so inspiring !! I really need to take sometime and JUST DO IT ! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Comment

Hey Marilyn, sound as if you are in need of 'A Round Tuit', :wink:

I'd lend you mine, but I don't know where it is at the moment! :lol: :P

Comment

Ya..I think mine's lost in the stash cupboard ! :shock: :shock:

Comment

Love those aaqi quilts Rita, they're both beautiful, I especially like the birdhouse... Obviously, we all know I like creepy crawlies, little furry an d winged beasties, and the birds that share the world with them :P

And I love those design wall pictures of both of you, Rita and Maureen, as I can see my reels in there I can look forward to a similar fabulous selection. Yeahhhhhh. :0)

Comment

My reels arrived today! Happy dance! Happy dance!

I've been having such fun looking through all the fabrics and I recognize so many names! You have all made such treasures! :!:

Thank you, thank you all!

I'll try to take a photo and post it tomorrow.

Thank you everyone!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 169 users online. 0 members and 169 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X