[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once reels are mailed.......

Rosemary sent me a reel number, mailing information and included the following:

ALL Wot RoTTers
    Please send me an e-mail to let me know that your parcel is in the post, regardless of whom you are sending it too (confirm who you send it to as well, thank-you)

I included my screen name, reel group & number, sent to info, what was included in package and date mailed.

Thanks so much to Lorna and Rosemary for sorting! :shock:

Quilty204 :wink:
    27 C
    Jean

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

I went to the Post Office this morning to pick up the Customs declaration forms, picked up # 2976. when I got home, I looked at Margo's picture of her form. Noticed that hers is form # 2976A, which is for packages more than 3/4 inch thick. So people in the US, get form 2976A which looks like Margo's! The other form only works if the package is less than 3/4 inch thick. I'm labeling my reels today, got the removable labels. Mine will be called Creme Brulee, since the yellow is orangey yellow and we seem to be going after dessert names!
      Kathy

Comment

Don't know how much quilting will get done this weekend. It is my oldest daughters "Gotcha Day" tomorrow, at least that is what we call it. 6 years ago tomorrow I flew to Guatemala to pick her up and she officially became a part of our family. How time flies, she is no longer a scared little 5 year old who could not figure out what in the world I was saying to her (she spoke Spanish and I did not). So it is dinner out, cake, presents and lots of celebrating this weekend for us. However I do think it is time for her to learn to sew. Maybe a simple Rail Fence quilt will get started this weekend.

Comment

Teresa B,
          What a clever name for such a special day. It sounds like you and your entire family will be having a great day. Sounds like she is a very lucky little girl.
          Lori

Comment

Kathy,

I spread my 41 reels into 4 groups, added the info needed, 2 fats and money in a gallon sized ziplock. I enclosed everything in a free tyvek envelope just in case the package has a rough trip. Then put it all in a cardboard flat rate envelope.

The forms are confusing and on the USPS website, it's even more confusing. I used customs form 2976. It's for items valued below $400. Form 2976-A is for items over $400. The lady at the USPS said either would fly. She said the USPS main concern is to make sure the forms have sender info, sent to info, declared amount, what's in package and signature filled out.

Our area sends a lot of APO packages. I'm surrounded by 12+ military bases.

Jean

Comment

Originally posted by kathyst2
              I went to the Post Office this morning to pick up the Customs declaration forms, picked up # 2976. when I got home, I looked at Margo's picture of her form. Noticed that hers is form # 2976A, which is for packages more than 3/4 inch thick. So people in the US, get form 2976A which looks like Margo's! The other form only works if the package is less than 3/4 inch thick. I'm labeling my reels today, got the removable labels. Mine will be called Creme Brulee, since the yellow is orangey yellow and we seem to be going after dessert names!
              Kathy
              Kathy, I just used what my postmaster handed me after I explained what I was doing and he saw my package!

As for color names, Creme Brulee sounds better than squash casserole!! :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by tbrown0307
                Don't know how much quilting will get done this weekend. It is my oldest daughters "Gotcha Day" tomorrow, at least that is what we call it. 6 years ago tomorrow I flew to Guatemala to pick her up and she officially became a part of our family. How time flies, she is no longer a scared little 5 year old who could not figure out what in the world I was saying to her (she spoke Spanish and I did not). So it is dinner out, cake, presents and lots of celebrating this weekend for us. However I do think it is time for her to learn to sew. Maybe a simple Rail Fence quilt will get started this weekend.
                What a great name for her special day!! Have a wonderful celebration!

Comment

I agree with Margo. Creme Brulee - YUMMM. Squash Casserole - YUCK

Comment

Teresa B,

Sending Gotcha Day hugs to your family!

Jean

Comment

I will check on the Customs form at our post office tomorrow. The one we have to fill out on our end seems to be different than the one you fill out on your end. Who knew?! I will ask if I can use the PS 2976-A that you all have been sending (CP 72 in upper right corner). I think the only one they have here for sending back to the states is the PS Form 2976 (CN 22 in upper R corner). It is a much smaller form. I'll let you know. It may be once less step you all need to do.

Happy Gotcha Day!

Lorna

Comment

Kathy, mine are creme brulee, too. But, they are more the color of the burnt sugar topping. So, now we have the "custard" AND the topping! Very cool!

Teresa, what a wonderful story! Happy Gotcha Day to all!

2nd Kathy, (quilty 204) for the life of me I do NOT remember signing my form! I was filling them out in the car, and wrapping birthday gifts to send at the same time, and REALLY don't remember doing that. I hope it still flies!

And, Lorna, I used that smaller form 22 version of the 2976, because that is what I was given by the postmaster! I'm not sure THEY even know what we are supposed to use. :shock:

Dawn
                        In beautiful Northwest Montana

Comment

About the customs form, I'll try and put mine into an envelope with less than 3/4" thickness. When I take it to the post office, I'm sure they will tell me which form to use if I have the wrong one!

My reels actually look less like creme brulee than they do corn pudding! Corn pudding sounds better than squash casserole, a little bit anyway.

I might have to wait until Tuesday to mail depending on how things go with packaging. Still plenty of time.

Also trying to pick out two fat quarters from my stash, or I might have to go shopping- wouldn't that be too bad?

Kathy

Comment

I have everything ready to go. Two sets of 41 reels, labeled and in smaller ziplock bags with my assigned numbers; 2 fat quarters for are wonderful sorters; a check for return postage; and my return address for Lorna to use. I will try to get to the postoffice today if I can make it before they close. I need the customs forms and the envelope in which to mail everything. Second custom form goes in envelope. I hope I remembered everything. Rosemary, I will email you as soon as it is posted.

Comment

I have been thinking of ways to use my reels. A few years ago my DH's puppy got into my sewing room and attacked my thread rack.
                              :x Of course I should not have left it leaning against the wall, but I was picking out embroidery colors and had only left it for a few minutes. ops: So I was thinking of putting the reels on in every direction. And maybe a little appliqued beagle puppy looking ashamed. I will have to see if I can draw a pattern for the puppy. I really liked Rosemary's design and it sounds so much easier. I don't know what I will do, but I have plenty of time to think about it. Half the fun is anticipating the reels arrival and planning the quilt.

Comment

Lorra,

Oh, great idea to toss those reels in different directions. Ami Simms is teaching a class at the upcoming Mid Atlantic Quilt Show in Feb. It's called "Dancing Spools". The sewing process is done differently than the reels we're making but the theme is the same, Spool/Reel quilt. If I can get the link to work, here's a direct link to her class. http://www.quiltfest.com/workshop_detail.asp?id=1086 . Click on the class photo to see picture.
                                If the link doesn't work. Google Mid Atlantic Quilt Show, click on page and click on instructors, click on Ami's classes and you'll see the "Dancing Spools". Sorry no Beagle :twisted: but I can't wait to see your finished quilt. I'm loving everyone's creative ideas.

My daughter has the sweetest Beagle. She knows how to pull at our heart strings. :lol:

Jean

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 272 users online. 0 members and 272 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X