[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeahhhh!!! Just rec'd my response from Rosemary....I'm officially 33C! Somehow I had missed this growing exchange until the notice in the Daily Blog earlier this week...definitely asleep at the wheel! The last thing I need is another project (still need to finish up last years HST exchange quilt for the book!) but the spools quilt is my most favorite of several favorites in Edyta's book....so I couldn't pass up this opportunity! Looking forward to digging thru my stash this weekend and deciding on a colorway. Nancy

Comment

Originally posted by PosyP
      Margo reminded me last night/this morning about guidence for fat-quarter gifts.

Personally speaking I like clean, clear colours, I like batiks, & hand-dyes (despite the bleeding & the need for colour catchers). I have a long term handsewing project in mind which involves greens (but some-how I keep geting side-tracked :wink: ). I have plenty of Pinks already in my stash.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for posting this Rosemary!

Lorna has expressed to me that she really likes blues or jewel tones! Now we should be able to make them both really happy!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
        Well I have two sets of greens winging their way to Rosemary so one set will be spinach souffle and the other spinach madeleine! There is so much food in this quilt already that I think that we will be asking "does my bum look big in this" :!: :mrgreen:

Rosemary, love the new profile photo/avatar - but with a grin like that I worry for the hamster! :lol: :lol:
        Custard the hamster was getting exhausted with everyone keeping him up days & nights, so I borrowed Isabeau's new rabbit fur hat - Daddy shot & tanned the bunnies, & I made the hat - the mad hatter strikes again (rabbit pie tasted good too :wink: )

So if you get little bits of rabbit fluff off of my reels you'll know that I didn't manage to tame it all, as it was going everywhere when I was cutting it out :roll:

Comment

Latest News From Headquarters

13:45 GMT, Thursday 19 January.

There are only 3 places left in group c.

Everyone has been sent an e-mail with details of where to send it to depending on whether you live is USA or not and details of how paypal works in this case. If you are in USA, Lorna is sorting out costs etc and will be contacting you.

However I am still waiting for e-mail addresses from Ysira & kellyls, if they could contact me, thank you.

Comment

I am soooooooooo excited, My colors are grape koolade

Comment

I would love to join your Wot RoTT exchange. May I?
              Went to your link, but was locked from more on the cutting, especially the reels. May I now that I have asked permission.
              Thank you,
              Debbie Dinnen
              mailto:Rxcrafter@aol.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rxcrafter
                I would love to join your Wot RoTT exchange. May I?
                Went to your link, but was locked from more on the cutting, especially the reels. May I now that I have asked permission.
                Thank you,
                Debbie Dinnen
                mailto:Rxcrafter@aol.com
                Debbie, please send Rosemary an e-mail by clicking on the "envelope" icon just under her profile photo to the left of one of her posts.
                Check page 1 of this topic for more info: http://forum/friendship-triangle-exc...-rott-exchange

Comment

Think one of my reels could be called tossed green salad - with that, no one's bum should look big!

Comment

OK, ladies! I got my reels off this morning. This is what I did, but you are welcome to try whatever works for you.
                    I went to the expense of purchasing a "cushioned rugged mailer" (10-1/2" x 14-3/4") from Staples to protect my blocks from getting all mangled in the mail.
                    I re-packaged my 82 blocks into 4 stacks and placed them all inside a 1 gallon zip-lock bag.

In the mailer, I packed my blocks, an adhesive return address label, and 2 fat quarters for Rosemary and Lorna.
                    I addressed the mailer BACK TO MYSELF! If Rosemary and Lorna want to use it to return my blocks, that's one less thing for them to do.
                    If they want to return my blocks in Tyvek envelopes that Lorna is getting, they can use the return address sticker for that.

I went to the post office and requested a Tyvek envelope and just slipped my mailer inside the Tyvek envelope and addressed it to Lorna.

I filled out the customs form like this:

I marked the value at $10.00, and requested that it be "returned to sender" if deliverable. Marked it as a "GIFT", signed and dated the form.

It costs $5.35 to mail, and you can pay extra for delivery confirmation, but I'm trusting the USPS to get it there, so I did not pay the extra fee.

Hope that makes is easier for you to deal with mailing your blocks!

PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND SEE LORNA'S INSTRUCTIONS THAT DIFFER FROM THESE!!! including:
                    When mailing your reels, you will have to complete a customs form at the post office since it is coming overseas. Inside your envelope you please include the following:

- reels in ziploc baggies, each baggy clearly marked with your assigned number and group (a,b,c)
                    - cash or check for $4.95
                    - completed customs form (PS Form 2976) that you put inside so I can use for return shipping. (Yes, a second customs form! One on the outside and one on the inside for me to use.)
                    - return address clearly printed so I can create labels/postage online and print out

Hey guess what everyone?! The postage is going up soon. Oops! Looks like
                    the new flat rate price will be $5.25. So if you haven't already mailed
                    yours please include check or cash for the new postage $5.25.

If you have already mailed yours please, please please, DO NOT waste a
                    42cent stamp to send me 30 cents. Totally not worth it.

Comment

Thank you, Margo, for another excellent tutorial! I've never mailed anything internationally and now I know just what to expect. I like your idea of the cushioned rugged mailer, too. :idea: A nice extra precaution and it gives Lorna and Rosemary another option as well.
                      ~Lynn

Comment

Yes, a great tutorial on proper mailing. Also like everyone's ideas about the gift for Lorna and Rosemary. The only thing that worries me is that Lorna must be sure to figure out the extra cost in our postage to mail the fat quarter to Rosemary.
                        Also, the Post Office now has free soft, cushioned Priority Mail envelopes. You can even order them for free online at the usps.com site. Barb in snowy and frigid cold NW Illinois

Comment

Originally posted by quiltwhinny
                          Yes, a great tutorial on proper mailing. Also like everyone's ideas about the gift for Lorna and Rosemary. The only thing that worries me is that Lorna must be sure to figure out the extra cost in our postage to mail the fat quarter to Rosemary.
                          Also, the Post Office now has free soft, cushioned Priority Mail envelopes. You can even order them for free online at the usps.com site. Barb in snowy and frigid cold NW Illinois
                          You don't have to package yours like mine, but I just wanted to share one way to do it.

The fat quarters will all get to Rosemary along with the blocks. It is my understanding that they will spend one day working together.

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
                            OK, ladies! I got my reels off this morning.

I marked the value at $10.00, and requested that it be "returned to sender" if deliverable. Marked it as a "GIFT", signed and dated the form.

It costs $5.35 to mail, and you can pay extra for delivery confirmation, but I'm trusting the USPS to get it there, so I did not pay the extra fee.

Hope that makes is easier for you to deal with mailing your blocks!
                            Thanks, Margo. I have everything except the form. Now as soon as I finish group number 2, I'll get them in the mail. I even have a label left over from the last exchange. Thanks for all your support/help.

Coast of South Carolina USA
                            Sewing/Quilting on my Viking Sapphire 870

Comment

Good evening Wot Rotts,

I'm over the jet lag now and ready to go. I've been to the post office and to usps.com and have discussed with Rosemary (and previous sorters). As Rosemary previously stated we will each be sorting the reels as we receive them. Once they are all here, we will get together and finish the sort. (And exchange FQs--you all are very generous, thank you!) I know she is way ahead of me and has already sent out her mailing instructions. Thanks for your patience with me. Those from the USA may ship to me at USA prices (unless you would rather ship to Rosemary at international rates. :wink: )

1. I will provide the return envelope (free from usps.com), I wanted to use the Tyvex envelopes but shipping was a lot more expensive and varied by location. I decided Flat Rate was the way to go. Having the return envelopes ahead of time will allow us to sort as we go. (She is so clever!) These are flat rate envelopes that will ship anywhere for $4.95. I will buy return postage with money you send to me. I experimented last night and can make the return labels and buy postage all on line. This will save time at the post office window. REPEAT-- YOU DO NOT NEED TO SEND A RETURN ENVELOPE

2. When mailing your reels, you will have to complete a customs form at the post office since it is coming overseas. Inside your envelope you please include the following:

- reels in ziploc baggies, each baggy clearly marked with your assigned number and group (a,b,c)
                              - cash or check for $5.25
                              - completed customs form (PS Form 2976) that you put inside so I can use for return shipping. (Yes, a second customs form! One on the outside and one on the inside for me to use.)
                              - return address clearly printed so I can create labels/postage online and print out

Send to:

Lorna Westfall
                              PSC 41 Box 6451
                              APO AE 09464

It is important to know is that mail delivery schedules are different for military mail. No guarantees. If you send your package by parcel post it can take 4 weeks or more to get here. Priority Mail (which is how I will return them) can take 10-28 days. Much, much longer at Christmas or busy times. I will let you know as I receive the packages.

I hope that is clear. Feel free to email me with any questions or ask here.

Lorna

Loving it here in windy, rainy Suffolk

20 January UPDATE:
                              Hey guess what everyone?! The postage is going up soon. Oops! Looks like the new flat rate price will be $5.25. So if you haven't already mailed yours please include check or cash for the new postage $5.25.

If you have already mailed yours please, please please, DO NOT waste a 42cent stamp to send me 30 cents. Totally not worth it.

Comment

For what it's worth - I will be shipping International. All Hail British Postal Services! I actually really truly honestly received a letter here in Canada that was mailed within the previous 24 hours according the the postage cancelled stamp! Gotta love the Brits!

BTW what is the postage from UK to Canada, and do you want/need an envelope?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 303 users online. 0 members and 303 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X