[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My reels are all done, labelled and in the bag. I have called my colour Raspberry sherbert. Unfortunately I can't get them into the post until the 30 Jan. as we are going camping tomorrow. They should get to Rosemary in time. I have two of Edyta's books, I just love her designs. I was in two swaps last year but only made half my triangles up. Can't wait to see what comes in this swap, Maree Tasmania.

Comment

Originally posted by Millboroquilter
      Lynn, I have her book and her calendar.I order from Connecting Threads FREE shipping with 50 dollar order. I am going to do my back ground fabrics is scraps. I am getting them ready now, so when my reels show up I can zip it all together and shazam... instant quilt.

Also Mine are done and in themail! YAHOO! Sorry I didnt get a photo but I did oranges so I am calling them "orange sherbert"! I hope that is ok to name them even without a photo?

Windy today in South Centeral South Dakota!
      Bren
      I love orange sherbert Hope I get one of yours!....Doreen

Comment

Originally posted by RiverOwl
        Dear Wot Rott’s;

I will send a little extra money to help any lost monies due to US postal rate change. I have mine done and just need to figure out how I am going to label them. Mine are teal and I am unable to come up with a food group name other than “Teal Meal?”. I don’t know of anything that is teal except butterflies, lizards & frogs! These reels were difficult for me; made me feel like a beginner quilter! I had to cut them three times to get them just right. The 4 1/2 “ was a challenge, to make them look right I had to cut 1/8 th inch off each end so they wouldn’t look lopsided. I have 19 blocks that only turned out to be 4” long so I will be making some doll quilts out of them for my Granddaughters, lucky them! Quilt covers for their American Girl dolls!
        I am off to research the Forum to try & find out how to label my completed blocks Oh, then there is having to pick out two fat quarters too!!
        A teal is a type of duck, so I would call them teal pate (with the feathers on! :lol: ) and hopefully we will get some toast or biscuits ( brown) to put it on. As it is, I reckon with all the oranges it will have to be 'Duck a la Orange'. As it is, with all these oranges that are getting mentioned I keep thinking about marmalade :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by tbrown0307
          Originally posted by crocus999
          Thanks for the dimensions, Lynn.

My strips are all packaged and ready to goto the Post Office. We've already had our rate hike, beginning January 1st.

I just heard that our last LQS is closing in March, so I thought I'd support her and maybe buy my background there. In a little over 2 and a half years, we have lost 3 LQS. I will have to go to a big box store here in Quebec, or go over a border - Ontario or Vermont. What's happening? Is it the online businesses that are out-selling the LQSs? It seems to me that quilting as a hobby (or obsession) is growing...

Thats sad you are loosing your last LQS. I prefer the LQS over the Internet because I can see the fabric and colors and pick just the right ones to go together.

Teresa
          And you can't beat a good fondle of the fabric, which you cannot do over the internet!

Comment

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by PosyP
              Originally posted by tbrown0307
              Thanks for the dimensions, Lynn.

My strips are all packaged and ready to goto the Post Office. We've already had our rate hike, beginning January 1st.

I just heard that our last LQS is closing in March, so I thought I'd support her and maybe buy my background there. In a little over 2 and a half years, we have lost 3 LQS. I will have to go to a big box store here in Quebec, or go over a border - Ontario or Vermont. What's happening? Is it the online businesses that are out-selling the LQSs? It seems to me that quilting as a hobby (or obsession) is growing...

Thats sad you are loosing your last LQS. I prefer the LQS over the Internet because I can see the fabric and colors and pick just the right ones to go together.

Teresa
              I think the economy has really affected many small businesses. So far in our small town (7000) we still have two quilt stores and another that is a ladies wear/fabric store combined. I try to do my best to support them all as I am grateful to have them so close. I find that many online shops have free shipping in the US but it is quite expensive to have things shipped to Canada.

Comment

Ladies, you have certainly been busy with posts, which I love to read, by the way!! I'm getting ready for a medical procedure, but will be cutting and sewing this afternoon. I'm happy to be doing this and participating with all of you! I'm sending "grape Koolaide" to go with all the delicacies you ladies have prepared! :lol:

Barbara (Riverowl) how like you to offer to include extra money. I'm planning to send extra, too so that Lorna and Rosemary don't incur too many incidental costs. Remembering to choose 2 fat quarters this afternoon, too.

I'm enjoying all the conversation ladies and wish you luck if you're sewing and envying (in a good way) those who have finished and have it all ready to go "abroad".

PS, I have all of Edyta's books and the calendar. After I saw the wonderful TQS classroom with her, her personality drew me in and her work speaks for itself! If anyone needs any info from any of the books, just let me know and I'll cheerfully read and post it. If she publishes anything else - I'll buy that, too. Also, I bought a couple of single patterns from her web site laundrybasketquilts.com (I think that is it).

Have a happy day!

Nancy in NC - #41a

Comment

Just a quick question Rosemary - I saw that our exchange is full!! Congratulations to you. How many lucky ladies did we get, or did I miss reading that?

Also, do I understand correctly, if someone signed up for 41 spools, that is all they can send unless they signed up for another number initially. They cannot sent 82 reels or the number of participants so that everyone has one like we did in SoTT? Is that correct?

If this is a repeat question - please pardon the repeat.

Comment

Oh, such a lovely group of colors! Materials are washed and starched (Best Press), and the fun begins this afternoon. I am doing yellows, in '30s vintage things, so it should be bright. I am also thinking a second set in batik neutrals if we need them???

Jamai in North Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by NancyW
                      Just a quick question Rosemary - I saw that our exchange is full!! Congratulations to you. How many lucky ladies did we get, or did I miss reading that?

Also, do I understand correctly, if someone signed up for 41 spools, that is all they can send unless they signed up for another number initially. They cannot sent 82 reels or the number of participants so that everyone has one like we did in SoTT? Is that correct?

If this is a repeat question - please pardon the repeat.

We have 3 sets of 41, 123 participants total. No more slots to sign up in so you only need to send 41 reels per number assigned. Once Rosemary posted the picture of her own border design with the reels, many folks wanted to have enough to make that also so signed up for a second set.

Lorna

Comment

I thought I read everything we are supposed to do but I keep seeing people talk about "2 fat quarters". What are they for, and what do we do with them?

Comment

I had fun with the labels on mine. Can't work all of the time so took a little break this weekend. I ended up using Post-it Super Sticky Full Sheet Removable Labels which I already had. It took 6 sheets to make the 1-1/2" x 3-1/2" labels, each sheet making 15. I staggered them on the strips then tacked them down with a few stitches on each corner so they won't fall off. This did take some time. The stitches will pull out easily when the label is removed. To give proper credit, the olive branch is from Wikapedia and the pink heart cloud is from http://www.freewallpapers4desktop.com, category: Love. They have lots of desktop wallpapers to choose from. Hopefully I will get these packaged and in the mail before the end of the month.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarmuffin57
                            I thought I read everything we are supposed to do but I keep seeing people talk about "2 fat quarters". What are they for, and what do we do with them?
                            Karen, if you are so inclined, please include 2 fat quarters for Rosemary and Lorna for their efforts to organize and sort this exchange.
                            Rosemary likes clear colors and batiks; Lorna likes blue and other jewel tones. Thanks!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                            That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Yellow honey and tossed green salad strips are on their way to jolly 'ole. Dog did not eat my homework!
                              Terrie
                              tried to upload a photo, but can't.

Comment

Yellow honey and tossed green salad strips are on their way to jolly 'ole. Dog did not eat my homework!
                                Terrie
                                tried to upload a photo, but can't.
                                Terrie, to review uploading photos on the TQS Forum, check here: http://forum/forum-questions-and-sug...-the-tqs-forum

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 172 users online. 0 members and 172 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X