[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, Karen! I was so excited that it had been accepted into Houston's Show. i probably saw you there walking around!
    Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Karen, I just checked out your work also. I WISH I could do nice traditional work...I try but end up doing a bit better with things that are kind of loosey goosey!
      Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by kfstitcher
        Originally posted by yirsa
        Thanks, Lorna!
        Hey Brenda I was admiring the quilt behind you in your profile picture. I really liked it when I saw it in Houston and now I see it is YOURS! You have some very nice quilts posted on your profile.
        Karen
        Brenda, Ditto! Actually I checked out your profile earlier, and there were only two quilts. So, I was puzzled as to why you were standing in front of that particular quilt, and it wasn't on your profile! So, I guess I caught you in the middle of posting all of your lovely quilts. Congratulations for having a quilt in the Houston show! Your work is very nice!

Dawn
        In beautiful Northwest Montana

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
          Ooooh, I love licorice! I reckon any black and whites with other colours could be licorice allsorts. Do you have those sweets in America and Australia and everywhere else? I love them. Yum!
          We have licourice allsorts here in Canada. They are a favourite of mine! Delicous!

Comment

Thanks,Dawn...fellow Montanan!

Comment

Originally posted by djane
              Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
              Ooooh, I love licorice! I reckon any black and whites with other colours could be licorice allsorts. Do you have those sweets in America and Australia and everywhere else? I love them. Yum!
              We have licourice allsorts here in Canada. They are a favourite of mine! Delicous!
              Well, you all have taken me down memory lane! And, I'm a little misty eyed! My Dad absolutely LOVED locorice allsorts. He would bring home BAGS of them when I was a little girl, and so it reminded me of him. (He has been gone about ten years, now.) I love licorice also, but Good and Plenty is all I have found for a number of years. They are a far cry from allsorts! And, not nearly as colorful! Oh dear, now I want some! :shock: Another candy he loved was ribbon candy, like you find around Christmastime. He always made sure we had plenty of that in the house too!

Dawn

Comment

YES! Blueberry cheesecake! And, I LOVE the idea of making a doll quilt for my new granddaughter. I wondered what I was going to do with all those bits and bobs left over. She will be born sometime in March!

BTW - does anyone already have Edyta's book - (actually, I sure some do.) I have ordered it, but still waiting for delivery - the one with Strips and Scraps, but still waiting. I'd like to know the total yardage for the background colour and how large each block is unfinished...? Thanks.

Comment

[/quote]BTW - does anyone already have Edyta's book - (actually, I sure some do.) I have ordered it, but still waiting for delivery - the one with Strips and Scraps, but still waiting. I'd like to know the total yardage for the background colour and how large each block is unfinished...? Thanks.[/quote]

Crocus, she calls for 3 1/4 yards of the background fabric including both the center of the quilt and the borders. the finished quilt is 61 1/2 x 70 1/2. finished blocks are 5 x 6.

Comment

Dear Wot Rott’s;

I have all labels on & am ready to mail them. Has Rosemary sent out how we are to mail our reels to her? I wanted to make sure I didn’t miss it; I don’t have her address. Otherwise I will wait until she posts info or e-mails it to us. I have had bad experiences with sending packages to military bases on loosing packages so would prefer to send it directly to Rosemary.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverOwl
                      Dear Wot Rott’s;

I have all labels on & am ready to mail them. Has Rosemary sent out how we are to mail our reels to her? I wanted to make sure I didn’t miss it; I don’t have her address. Otherwise I will wait until she posts info or e-mails it to us. I have had bad experiences with sending packages to military bases on loosing packages so would prefer to send it directly to Rosemary.
                      Barbara, I received an email from Rosemary on the 17th with her address, etc. You might want to email her (envelope icon under her avatar) and ask her to resend it to you. Congrats on finishing! I'm about half way there, still stitching!

Comment

Barbara,

Go to page 24 of this Forum, scroll WAY down, and you will see that we (in the US) are mailing our spools to Lorna and she has given us specific directions! Lorna has an APO address, so it uses US postage and postal rates. (Except we now need to enclose $5.25 for our return postage, due to a postal hike in rates.)

Dawn

Comment

I'm so excited! Day 1, washed, pressed and starched fabrics. Day 2, Cut 1" strips with my Accuquilt cutter, Day 3, sewed and carefully pressed my 1" strips into these beautiful cumberbunds! and tomorrow, Day 4, I'll repress with steam, per Margo, and cut into the 3.5" x4.5" strips, bundle, add my address labels and package (and include my fat quarter gifts) for Lorna and eventually, Rosemary! I sell fabric on Ebay and have sent to many APO addresses with no problems except that it goes slowly, but those at the other end know that, and we so love what they do to keep our world free.
                          Thanks to everyone for their encouragement and ideas. It's so exciting to be part of this. I do have Edyta's book and keep referring to it as I dream about what I want to do when everything finally arrives here to Elizabeth, IL!
                          Bye for now. Barb and her husband, dog, cat and 2.5 'hayburners' (one is a 'Miniature horse' and that's what my 'husband' says!) Believe me, they're burning a lot of hay to keep warm in this frigid, snowy, icy NW Illinois weather!

Comment

Thanks for the dimensions, Lynn.

My strips are all packaged and ready to goto the Post Office. We've already had our rate hike, beginning January 1st.

I just heard that our last LQS is closing in March, so I thought I'd support her and maybe buy my background there. In a little over 2 and a half years, we have lost 3 LQS. I will have to go to a big box store here in Quebec, or go over a border - Ontario or Vermont. What's happening? Is it the online businesses that are out-selling the LQSs? It seems to me that quilting as a hobby (or obsession) is growing...

Comment

Originally posted by crocus999
                              Thanks for the dimensions, Lynn.

My strips are all packaged and ready to goto the Post Office. We've already had our rate hike, beginning January 1st.

I just heard that our last LQS is closing in March, so I thought I'd support her and maybe buy my background there. In a little over 2 and a half years, we have lost 3 LQS. I will have to go to a big box store here in Quebec, or go over a border - Ontario or Vermont. What's happening? Is it the online businesses that are out-selling the LQSs? It seems to me that quilting as a hobby (or obsession) is growing...

Thats sad you are loosing your last LQS. I prefer the LQS over the Internet because I can see the fabric and colors and pick just the right ones to go together.

Teresa

Comment

Lynn, I have her book and her calendar.I order from Connecting Threads FREE shipping with 50 dollar order. I am going to do my back ground fabrics is scraps. I am getting them ready now, so when my reels show up I can zip it all together and shazam... instant quilt.

Also Mine are done and in themail! YAHOO! Sorry I didnt get a photo but I did oranges so I am calling them "orange sherbert"! I hope that is ok to name them even without a photo?

Windy today in South Centeral South Dakota!
                                Bren

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 160 users online. 0 members and 160 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X