A challenge for your sewing space (4)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grannyagnes
    Originally posted by djane
    Looks great Margo...BUT what did you do with all the stuff that was there before and isn't there now?

Robin and Karen..Thanks for the laughs. In our house if someone can't find something they always ask "Mom, did you throw (insert item here) away!!!!" I don't just randomly throw things out but can't stand clutter and have usually taken said item to its proper room or closet. Who would ever think to look for something where it belongs!?
    I hear you loud and clear. I know to expect a phone call or two from my bachelor sons after I have visited with the question now phrased, "Mom when you were here did you come across whatever?" We are well over the accusations of throwing stuff away. That resulted in a visit for each when I didn't lift a finger, including cooking. Now I get praise for having cleaned, tidied and sorted so that I won't stop.
    BRILLIANT STRATEGY!! :lol:

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
      Originally posted by djane
      Looks great Margo...BUT what did you do with all the stuff that was there before and isn't there now?

Robin and Karen..Thanks for the laughs. In our house if someone can't find something they always ask "Mom, did you throw (insert item here) away!!!!" I don't just randomly throw things out but can't stand clutter and have usually taken said item to its proper room or closet. Who would ever think to look for something where it belongs!?
      Debbie, a lot of the stuff piled up on (and over and around!) the basket was destined for my DIL, and they happened to come for a visit last week-end. What she didn't want was packed in my car and will be delivered to Goodwill this afternoon. The stack of boxes at the right end of the table was DEAD IRONS!! :roll: I really don't know why I was keeping them, but they are now in the garage for next week's trash pick-up. On top of that pile were several products for cleaning irons that have been moved to a drawer closer to the iron.

The basket is where I pitch stuff for TheGrands of my DIL to keep it all together until I see them. The stool under the basket doesn't really get used for much now, but my brother made it for me and my children and grandchildren used it a lot when they were little. Some things are worth keeping!
      It was under there before, but you couldn't see it for the piles around it! :lol:

Wow. You really did purge Margo! As for the dead irons--thanks for a good chuckle. Who knows why we humans do some of the things we do but it sure makes our lives more interesting.
      The pile of towels (still there) is what I use often when I starch fabrics. I spread them out on the floor and lay chunky cuts of fabric on the towels to catch the over-spray.

Comment

My Dad has a postcard which says

'Don't Drop Anything in Here
        - You'll Never Find It Again!'

Rosemary

Comment

Robin: I think you married my husband's twin! He is usually better than that now, but he will even do it to company! Whoosh goes the plate - can't I have dessert? He is often done eating and has all the dishes washed before I finish, and he is the one who takes more food. Makes life fun.

Comment

With my sewing table having one end up to the wall/under the window, I had a 'dead end' corner that has been accumulating bags of fabrics and 'bits' for some time now, so yesterday I bought another couple of storage boxes, like the one previously shown and cleared out the corner, hoovered and folded the fabric away into the boxes. I need at least another box, and the other end of the room doesn't look too good(it's clothes for ironing - honest :wink: ), But that corner is cleaned an tidy

Rosemary

Comment

Tossing a halo in Rosemary's direction........
              From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Lol!!

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 53 users online. 0 members and 53 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X