A challenge for your sewing space (4)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

A challenge for your sewing space (4)

I'm ready to tackle a larger area.

I expect that I'm not the only one with a table that has a lot of "stuff" under it! This week's challenge is to deal with all the "stuff" that seems to have accumulated under one of your tables. For me it will be my cutting table.

What area will you tackle?

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

:P
    Whew! A week off!

I actually don't have a table with anything under it! Thanks Margo! :twisted:

Comment

Whew... I am okay on this one...only one major thing under my table right now and it is a rather large container of christmas fabric that is too heavy for me to lift and put back on the shelf...waiting for DH to come back home later this month to do that for me. In the mean time...I have 2 containers of fabric that has been under my ironing board waiting to be sorted into their respective color bins....I may get to that in the next couple days...first I have to muck out a hall closet that is going to be rearranged to allow some fabric storage there....I am outgrowing my material world...HELP!

Living in the beautiful Carson Valley of Western Nevada

Comment

OK--Margo! You have just gone too far!! If I had a place for all that junk-it wouldn't be there! Do, I have to? (whining going on here) LOL

Comment

Oh darn!! Back when I made this suggestion, I was hoping you wouldn't take me up on it.
          Now I have to actually do something about the "stuff" under the table. :cry: :cry:

Comment

Ritzy, it's abit like shuffling the deckchairs on the titanic, isn't it? There are only so many places they can go because there is no more space anywhere!!! :wink: I got half way through challenge one and then started my BOM. What was half tidy is now spread everywhere. (In the family room because I dont have a sewing room) ops: ops: Maybe one day, she says wistfully.

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

How 'bout we try takling all the stuff on the floor in front of the table we need to clean under? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by quiltycrafts
                How 'bout we try takling all the stuff on the floor in front of the table we need to clean under? :-)
                OH--that sounds like a good idea!

Comment

Originally posted by quiltycrafts
                  Well....that's a good starting place, I guess! :lol:

Comment

I'm so challenged, I can't even screw my head on straight! :shock: My knee hurts, our son & DDIL are in the middle of buying a house, we're babysitting Tyler, and I'm trying to run a business ops: ! Challenge, I'll give you challenge :twisted: !

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
                    Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Yeah....but mine are described as DO-ABLE challenges! You're dealing with a horse of a different color all together!

Wishing you well.....

Comment

Those multicolored horses will bog you down every time....is it time for a bit of humor?

Comment

I moved everything in my studio and clean under it (dog hair!--how can they lose so much and not be bald?) Then I moved things on my peg board so I could reach it easier with the furniture moved and now I am not sure I like it the way it is. So, I will live with it over the weekend and if I am still unhappy, I will change it all back.

Comment

Well, I am behind on all 4 challenges. I did clean my iron and I am almost done making a new ironing board cover. What do you recommend for the padding. There was just 1/8' foam on it. I cleaned the basement except for my quilting supply area. I call it that because I do most of my work upstairs and keep my supplies downstairs as it is unfinished space. but I am trying to consider how I would like to use it once it is finished. Accessibility and organized is how I want it. I do know I want my fabric out of tubs and in cupboards. I am really tired of digging through tubs to find a possibility. I have a labeler but no cupboards or drawers yet to label. One day in the future . . .
                            Diane/Wyoming

Comment

I used the stuff made for making potholders. It is very thin and has insulation in it so the wood (I used) underneath does not burn. I originally cover that with that silver ironing board cover and don't like it, the fabric slides on it and it gets too hot. I am going to recover mine with a heavy canvas.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 26 users online. 0 members and 26 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X