[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

The Artist's Way

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds good, ---- I think it could be a good experience.

Now if I can just get up the courage to join the new group forming about being slimmer and healthier, I won't have to leave TQS site all day! :P :P :P

Comment

I received the book yesterday and skimmed through it a little last night. The first thing I saw was get up an hour early to do daily journaling. I already get up at 5 a.m. so hopefully everything doesn't have to be done exactly as recommended. It would be great to work through the book together. Maybe we can get fit and trim and more creative all at the same time. Where else but here could you get all that at one place.

Comment

Where is the group getting slimmer and trimmer located? I need that group! WandaM
        Happy Quilting,

Shiner TX

Comment

I wasn't sure where it fit so I opened a forum topic "It's A New Day! to be Fit and Trim" under Quilting With Disabilities. I have a goal to get more fit and trim in 2008 (so I can get more quilting done) and have received so much support through my blog I decided we needed a forum for tips, recipes, and mostly support. Join us. Sandy

Comment

There is no question in MY mind they can all fit together! Because we are one "being" and what we do in one part of ourselves affects all the other parts of ourselves.

I've had such a lifelong struggle with weight and food issues, the very thought of trying to focus on it wearies my soul!

Lynn

Comment

Sandy, don't let the journaling stop you from trying to do the lessons.

I know that I will not be getting up an hour earlier for journaling, either. I think that we have to adjust the information to fit us--not bend ourselves to follow the book. We all have different circumstances and have to figure out what will work for each one of us.

My son did get up an hour early to journal. But he was in a college class and was trying hard to do everything by the book. He did his best, but he was also working snow crew and would get called out at 4:00 a.m. sometimes. So he had to adjust on those days and journal later in the day.

Joyce

Comment

I have to tell you, I read Drew's post and cracked up laughing! I agree-I don't want to go a whole week without reading.

I started this thread, so I'll go out on a limb and offer to be the person who keeps us moving along. And yes, I'd rather do it at a more casual pace.

Sandy, you already journal through your blog. Maybe you can do your daily pages at night. The yahoo group moderator call them "Artist's Pages" rather than "Morning Pages". Once I heard that, I started each day's writing with "Artist Pages" as a heading.

I'm throwing a date out here---------how about we start on Sunday, June 29th? That will give people time to look through the book and decide if they want to do it. It will also give those who need to time to buy the book.
                Does that sound okay with everyone? I agree that I'd like to keep it here on TQS.

eileenkny

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
                Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Thank you, Eileen!

June 29th sounds good to me!

Joyce

Comment

Thanks, Eileen! I am always willing to discuss this book and it's principals....but being a "facilitator" doesn't grab me right now.
                    What are the expectations of everyone? To "do" the book - work through it - or, just general discussion? Maybe both, huh? Some are welcome to be more diligent than others I think it will be interesting to revisit the concepts and be aware of new ideas that I hadn't noticed before, or wasn't ready for.
                    Perhaps a scheduled chat time would be fun, too?
                    Jan

Comment

Jan,
                      That's a great idea! But someone else would have to handle that-I'm not very good at chat.
                      eileenkny

Comment

Can you post your names here so we all have an idea of who's going to travel this journey?

I'm really looking forward to this experience!!!

eileenkny

Comment

I'm in.
                          Lynn

Comment

I'm in.

Joyce

Comment

I'll do it--I've had the book for a while and haven't tried working through it.

Comment

Okay, so when do we officially start?

How does this Sunday work for everyone?

Drew

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 141 users online. 0 members and 141 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X