[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

2013 BOM

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Margo thanks so much for posting the picture. Beautiful quilt but with all the things I'm afraid of curved pieces and triangle points. I'm not sure I'm ready to tackle this one.
    Sue
    Upstate NY

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Sue, I haven't see the directions for this quilt, but the points are probably paper pieced, so sharp points happen like magic! As for the curves, I hope there will be some good directions and maybe a video to teach you that necessary skill.
      Why don't you plan to at least TRY it! We are all learning and growing together!

Comment

Thanks, Margo. I hope you can help us with another colour way. (Pls)

Comment

That looks like a Sue Nickels Pat Holly design

Comment

Originally posted by crocus999
            Originally posted by Lorna1021
            I took a couple years off of the BOM. That might entice me to do another one!! I love their teaching and their work.

Lorna

Just noticed this post, and read it the way I thought (in reverse) "The BOM took a couple years off me!"
            LOL ops: Still working on Stars for a new day ...was that 2009?

Too funny. I finished the first one. Still working on Stars for a New Day. I have the tops done for the next year when we had the two quilts.

Lorna

Comment

I'm pretty excited about the 2013 BOM! I too have a challenge with consistently getting points that I'm really happy with, so the thought that this might be paper pieced makes me very happy! Or, for those who like to fuse,,,,that would be a great way to have nice points as well! I can see that this will be another quilt, that once the quilt is finished, my applique skills will have been bumped up to another level! How cool is that?! Sue and Pat are great teachers, and I'm sure, have many tips up their sleeves.

As far the colorway goes, I love the bright colors. We have so many members who are able to pull all kinds of colors together, that I can't wait to see what develops. At this moment, I'm thinking of bright, happy colors, crisp whites for the backgrounds, and make it a controlled scrappy quilt.

Have a great day!

Kathy

Comment

Gulp! I really want to make this quilt. They posted the monthly stuff we'd be doing- the 2011 one was 6 months of making 4 blocks at a time! At least with 2013 I will be done with one task and moving on to another. And since it's Sue Nickels and Pat Holly, it's machine applique for sure which would be nice to try.

Kathy

Comment

I will probably give this one a try too - but in a different colourway. Love learning new techniques.

Comment

I am doing the 2012 BOM and also want to do the 2013 BOM. Sounds like a really good learning project with the different techniques that will be used. Like Rita, I would like to pick a different colorway, however picking out fabric that will look great is really difficult for me. Will probably ask my good friend for HELP.
                    Lori

Comment

I'm looking forward to doing this quilt. I just finished hand quilting Star Crazy and it's one of my all time favorites. I've done hand applique, but none by machine. This will be a great learning experience!

Comment

This quilt is fabulous! I've done 2009,2010,2011 BOM quilts and when I saw this coming year's quilt (2013), I just knew that I would have to do it. I have discovered hand applique and hope to do the quilt in that method. What the heck if it takes me forever, I never finish the quilts on time anyway. TQS has done it again!

Comment

Is there a way to download and save the video instructions?

Comment

I asked this a while back of the Tech Guy here at TQS and he told me the following:

You can't save the teaching videos to your computer but Sarah Vedeler has a classroom and the videos for Sedona Star are there and will be kept up for quite a while.

So for the foreseeable future, her videos are available. He couldn't guarantee they'd be there forever, but he thought they'd be there for a few years at least.

But do make sure you download and save all monthly instructions and templates! Those will go away at the end of 2012!!

Comment

Thank you. I have been keeping the instructions but just not enought time to watch the videos and do the quilts I am two kits behind so far. Thank you for your response. It is a shame they can't be downloaded and kept with the directions

Comment

You know the instructional videos for all the previous BOMs are still on the website. So I would imagine that Sara's instructional videos will be there for a few years anyway. Michelle is right, the key thing is to download the actual instructions and save them in a folder on your desktop before January 2013.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 170 users online. 0 members and 170 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X