2013 BOM

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 BOM

Good afternoon everyone,
    This may be a bit premature, has anyone heard what we will be doing for the 2013 BOM? Any thoughts or rumors?

Thank you!

Kathy

I'll bet Margo knows. They have introduced it at the Houston show in the past, if I remember correctly.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

Although I have enjoyed the challenge this year. I would love to see something just ( not to much ) abit easier but with still alot of wow factor

Comment

I'll tell you what, I love this year's BOM. It's kept me jumping, on my toes, and has stretched my skills. I'm grateful for those things. If I pick a project, it usually fits within my skill set, but this made me cuss and try harder. That's progress, and I love it! Just sayin', not preachin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizrenner
          I'll tell you what, I love this year's BOM. It's kept me jumping, on my toes, and has stretched my skills. I'm grateful for those things. If I pick a project, it usually fits within my skill set, but this made me cuss and try harder. That's progress, and I love it! Just sayin', not preachin'.
          Liz, in this instance, I believe the quote is "what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger" fits quite well. I'm just glad that nobody is around when I let a word or two slip. I'm always up to a challenge that makes me push beyond what I think I'm capable of, so you're not alone. :lol:

Comment

I'm curious too because I plan to have the time to do it now that my "Stars for a new day" is completely finished. I also do not plan starting anything too major in the fall waiting to see what the 2013 BOM will be like.
            cheers
            Jeanine

Comment

I just came from a taping yesterday. It was awesome, BTW and John announced the BOM for 2013 will be by Pat Holly and Sue Nickels. I am very excited about that. We saw a new designer yesterday and Jean Wells. The goody bag was great.

Comment

Originally posted by sewengel
                I just came from a taping yesterday. It was awesome, BTW and John announced the BOM for 2013 will be by Pat Holly and Sue Nickels. I am very excited about that. We saw a new designer yesterday and Jean Wells. The goody bag was great.
                What fun! We're going tomorrow. Counting the hours.....

Nancy

Comment

Pat Holly and Sue Nickels? Yowzah! think small scale intricate machine applique, intense machine quilting- Maybe I will consider the 2013 BOM if they are doing it!

Kathy

Comment

Oh my gosh!! I love their TQS episodes, Sue's books, and their willingness to share their tips and techniques, so that someone like me who was afraid of applique, has totally fallen in love with the technique. :lol:

This next BOM is going to be sooo very cool!! I cannot wait!!

This information could not have come at a better time for me. I work for a company whose union workers are about to go on strike and I really don't want to cross picket lines. I feel that everyone has the choice to picket or not, and I totally respect that. It's just the walking by the group of people who are not happy with their non union co workers coming in to do their job....

Take care everyone!

Kathy in Northern California

Comment

I took a couple years off of the BOM. That might entice me to do another one!! I love their teaching and their work.

Lorna

Comment

I haven't ever done one, but this might be the time to jump in. That means I need to get a bunch of other stuff done before the end of the year.

Comment

I'm still working on Stars for a New Day, which I love and is what originally got me into TQS. I wasn't thrilled with this year's one, not my style, I guess, or just had too much on my plate at the time. I'd like to finish my WOTT ROT quilt before the end of the year.

Comment

I thought surely since I "retired" to work full time on my "avocation", aka "hobby", aka "addiction" :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: of fabric art/quilting, that I would have time to do this year's BOM, but haven't gotten to it yet. I'm still counting it in on my list of quilts for this year. We'll see if I get it started this year or not. :wink:

Comment

I'll know next year not to start too early - I hate putting a project aside to wait for the next instructions! But this year I couldn't resist and started in April so was caught up by July. Of course I'll have this year's to baste and quilt next year too...

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 189 users online. 0 members and 189 guests.

Most users ever online was 345 at 02:08 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X