[vb_main_1]

Outer border width and length

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outer border width and length

I know we’re a long way from the outer border of Color My World, but I would like to add these borders as one continuous piece if possible. Does anyone know the cutting width and length of the final borders? I’m working from two pieces of background fabric and I don’t want to cut it all up before we get to the borders, and be left with piecing the border. Thanks to whomever might have this answer! Cindy

Originally posted by Pilkcindy View Post
    I know we’re a long way from the outer border of Color My World, but I would like to add these borders as one continuous piece if possible. Does anyone know the cutting width and length of the final borders? I’m working from two pieces of background fabric and I don’t want to cut it all up before we get to the borders, and be left with piecing the border. Thanks to whomever might have this answer! Cindy
    Cindy, the pattern tells us to cut 7 strips Width of Fabric (WOF) x 5" and piece the borders. If you prefer lengthwise borders and have two yards of fabric available, you can cut Lengthwise borders, 5" x 72" Or just keep a 72" x 20+" hunk available to cut the borders later.

Barbara Black
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Thanks for asking this. I was just calculating this today as I don't have a lot of my background fabric and don't want to piece the borders.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 25 users online. 0 members and 25 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

Working...
      X