[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Month 3--ask questions here

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for your answer. I' not understanding if for 1 block 3 as an example, I use one piece that was cut right side up and one piece that was cut wrong side up. That is really my question.

Comment

I'm confused. I don't see anyone having the problem I'm having. I did my house 1 &2 without any problem. Now I'm working on house 3 and it is way longer than house 1 & 2. So is my house 1&2 to small or is house 3 to large. Can anyone give me the length of their houses. I haven't worked on house 4 yet because i"m so confused. I used the same computer and printer to download the patterns. Please someone help me!

Comment

Barbara,
        All well & good! But now I see that House Nr 4 asks for a ROOF piece of 4x4.
        I have steamed and pressed my fabrics and started out with cutting WOF strips of 3,5” and 2” ——- of all the colors from my stash.
        Is it wise to cut WOF STRIPS of 4”?? There’s no way to calculate how the TALL HOUSES are going to be.
        Please advice ...
        Last edited by merlzand; 03-24-2021, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• Barbara Black
          Barbara Black commented
          Editing a comment
          No reason to cut 4” strips. Roof for Small House 4 is cut 3.5” x 4”

BARBARA BLACK

Originally posted by merlzand View Post
        Barbara,
        All well & good! But now I see that House Nr 4 asks for a ROOF piece of 4x4.
        I have steamed and pressed my fabrics and started out with cutting WOF strips of 3,5” and 2” ——- of all the colors from my stash.
        Is it wise to cut WOF STRIPS of 4”?? There’s no way to calculate how the TALL HOUSES are going to be.
        Please advice ...
        Merle, My pattern said the roof piece for house 4 is 3 1/2 by 4 inches. Lay out your 3 and a half strip and measure 4 inches and cut. I think you just misread the pattern. HelenW

Comment

This reply by tucanquilt has been deleted by tucanquilt

I am finding my house#3 and #4 are coming out a smidgen taller than the ones in Month 1. Can you give us the actual (unfinished) sizes of the houses? It would be good to know the height as well as the width at bottom and top. Thank you in advance.

Hi, Can you tell me how many inches, the house blocks are, including the background? For some reason, me, my SH 3s are all different sizes. I don't know which is correct. My 1 and 2 are consistent, but I haven't seen the measurements.
          Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by stephchick View Post
            Hi, Can you tell me how many inches, the house blocks are, including the background? For some reason, me, my SH 3s are all different sizes. I don't know which is correct. My 1 and 2 are consistent, but I haven't seen the measurements.
            Thanks!
            Check out Barbara's post in the 'Size for two small houses sewn together' forum section. She also has photos there.
            https://thequiltshow.com/forum/block...-sewn-together

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 66 users online. 0 members and 66 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

Working...
            X