[vb_main_1]

Catching Up

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catching Up

I am glad to have the Forum back. There are still kinks to work out but it will get smoothed out eventually. Eager to see how you are all doing. And Monday is March 1 when Month 3 will appear.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Looking forward to March pattern release and more house construction. I appreciate all of the TQS site upgrades and enhancements. And having the Forum return! Yay!!
    Last edited by terrils; 03-02-2021, 07:41 PM.
    -Terri

Comment

• Laceflower
      Laceflower commented
      Editing a comment
      Barb, I'm thinking of starting to add prints to my original solid houses 1 and 2. My question is, in the quilt layout are houses 3 and 4 alternating with 1 and 2? What I don't want is clumping of the first set and clumping of the second set. Hope I'm making this clear.
    This reply by sewmarti has been deleted by sewmarti

Glad the forum is back and looking forward to Month 3. Any idea whether they plan on sorting the Forum so that the latest response within a topic shows first?

Also, the time shown on posts is wrong.

Marti

Originally posted by sewmarti View Post
    Glad the forum is back and looking forward to Month 3. Any idea whether they plan on sorting the Forum so that the latest response within a topic shows first?

Also, the time shown on posts is wrong.

Marti
    Look for the Filter button which opens up how you can sort.
    Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

• MissingOxygen
      MissingOxygen commented
      Editing a comment
      All I see is Time and Show on my filter options.

Is there a way to just see your unread posts? I can't seem to tell what's been read and what's not been read. This is different than what the filter seems to offer. The closest thing the filter offers is to see the posts for the last day. But it might have been 2 days since I checked so I would miss posts, or 2 hours since I checked so I would see posts again.

Also, I have some weird login thing going on and I'm not sure where to report it. I logged in and clicked "remember me" but it didn't look like I was logged in according to the top menu bar. I tried multiple times and got the same results. Then I noticed a little box on the left below the menu bar that says "Welcome <my name>", so I apparently was logged in. I clicked on the "logout" icon in that little box to try to clean things up, and then the upper bar showed me logged in. Now any time I refresh the page after being away for a while, which is how I've always used the site, I'm back to the logged out on the top but logged in in the little box and I click the "logout" icon again it it goes back to being logged in everywhere. I'm using Chrome on a MacBook.

Comment

Originally posted by rehak View Post
      Is there a way to just see your unread posts? I can't seem to tell what's been read and what's not been read. This is different than what the filter seems to offer. The closest thing the filter offers is to see the posts for the last day. But it might have been 2 days since I checked so I would miss posts, or 2 hours since I checked so I would see posts again.
      I’ve noticed that threads which have new comments appear in bold when I get into the group topic (I.e., Color My World BOM 2021) Once I get into one, then go back to the list, the bold has gone away, but at least I had a starting point.

As for reporting issues, click on Help on the top menu bar. You can submit a ticket with your issue. From what I understand, they are playing wackamole with the new site, so we all need to be patient as issues get worked out. Huge improvement over the old site, IMO.
      Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

Carole’s advice to be patient is spot on. Things that work on a computer may not work the same on a tablet/phone. Things will get sorted out but I expect it to take time. In the meantime, I am enjoying finding all those filters and settings I can use to see things and control my privacy the way I want. Look around.
        Barbara Black
        Huntsville AL

Comment

Originally posted by rehak View Post
          Is there a way to just see your unread posts? I can't seem to tell what's been read and what's not been read. This is different than what the filter seems to offer. The closest thing the filter offers is to see the posts for the last day. But it might have been 2 days since I checked so I would miss posts, or 2 hours since I checked so I would see posts again..
          Nancy, I see a little blue symbol on a Topic that has new posts--I think it is for new activity. Of course, I can't see it now because I have looked at everything new at the moment.

Things I am eager to get fixed is to be able to filter posts by "newest first"--I think that would be "Ascending order". I've changed my filter but nothing has changed in the way they appear. And I want my Avatar to show--lots of us don't show and I double checked that my User Settings say to show it.

As things get fixed, we will spend some time showing everyone how things work.

Someone said the time was off on their posts--there is a setting for that in User Settings--mine is now correct for CST.
          Barbara Black
          Huntsville AL

Comment

I, too, am glad that the TQS site is up even though they are still having some problems. I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like for those trying to "run the show." Looking forward to building some more houses.

Comment

Here's a start...

Comment

Originally posted by MissingOxygen View Post
                All I see is Time and Show on my filter options.
                Those are the Filters inside a post. Go back one Level to the Category 2021 BOM for the other Filters
                Barbara Black
                Huntsville AL

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20 users online. 0 members and 20 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                X