[vb_main_1]

CORRECTION for MONTH 2

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

CORRECTION for MONTH 2

UPDATE: The Month 2 Pattern instructions have been corrected. The new file is labeled "update 1/30". It is such a minor issue I see no reason to reprint the pattern. Change one word on the third page from large to small and it's all fixed.

Here is the original post about the issue:

The cutting directions are accurate for Month 2.

In the piecing instructions for Piece 1, step 6 should say use a SMALL light rectangle—this covers shape E. (It says to use a large piece)

Most of you never noticed this, nor did I, because once you cut your pieces you just jumped in and made the wedges.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Originally posted by "bbquiltmaker" post=154250
    The cutting directions are accurate for Month 2.

In the piecing instructions for Piece 1, step 6 should say use a SMALL light rectangle—this covers shape E. (It says to use a large piece)
    I did notice it! I found that the excess from trimming shape F worked great for shape E (after the first two units were sewn), so I ended up with extra pieces!

Comment

You’re absolutely right I didn’t even notice!

Comment

I don't know how to solve this problem (catching up on BOM as I am on spring break!). I thought my first ever Mariner's Compass was coming together nicely, but please see photo where there will not be a point with the gold fabric, piece F. It seems that in every one of MC 1 unit, this is the case. I cut the fabric and sewed each unit in exactly the same way, yet the units with the gold fabric as piece F are too wide to form a point.

Comment

• Barbara Black
          Barbara Black commented
          Editing a comment
          Karen, Helen gives good advice. You might find it helpful to baste those points first, with long stitches, so you can check the accuracy before sewing the seam.

BARBARA BLACK

Karen, You are not the first to have this happen. I like your choice of colors. It might be that your seam allowance can be adjust to
        fix it. It is worth a try. Here are 2 pictures. See the red thread seam allowance that is too narrow. It results in a point that goes into
        seam allowance and will be cut off when you sew the road sections to it. I would take out the seam allowance and try basting to see if you can get the point to the proper spot. Good Luck. HelenW

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 57 users online. 0 members and 57 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

Working...
        X