[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

SHOW AND TELL--Your Blocks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, Jill! Those blocks are so beautiful!

Comment

Jilly. Your.blocks look great what technique did you use for your applique? I am still trying to decide how to do mine. HelenW

Comment

Jilly, Just curious. What are the other BOMs you said you were doing 4. HelenW

Comment

Margo, it is awesome to “see” you again on the site, even though I see you on Facebook. Don’t get too comfortable with it, it’s changing soon.

Sharon

Comment

Very nice. How in the world did you get all of these done so quickly? How are you attaching your appliques?

Comment

I always machine applique as I don't do hand sewing, double or single blanket stitch, quick and easy.

Taree NSW - Australia
              My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

To answer the question below the other BOM's are as listed below, now retired so have the time lol lol.

Esther Aliu, I am doing mine in bright colours with white background and not the traditional as shown in the photo.
                Sarah Fielke, I love this one as the background is the main feature, but if you don't read the information sheet you can miss this, my colour is teal and cream.
                Sugaridoo by Irene with Bernina, this quilt is by rows and is a mystery one so I can't show it finished, but have put up a photo of the quilt overall with "Month One" showing, each row has an accent colour mine is Navy.

Taree NSW - Australia
                My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

I use machine applique with double mostly or single blanket stitch.

Taree NSW - Australia

Comment

Jilly, Thank you for posting pictures of your other BOMs you will be doing. Just love the Ester Aliu Love Entwined 1790 Marriage Coverlet.
                    Bright colors will be beautiful. So cheerful. I went to her website and when I saw the price of $95 for the pattern, I thought YIKES!!! But after
                    reading her story, and the fact she provided it for free as a BOM, I think it was back in 2012, I can see why it costs so much. Hope you got it for free.
                    I was surprised she does free BOMs. Great find. Do you do raw edge with your buttonhole stitch edges? Thank you. HelenW

Comment

Hellen, I am paying for mine as only started end of 2019 but you can pay by the month for US$9.95 and do it as a BOM this is how I am doing it and makes it more affordable as a monthly BOM also in Australian $$ it would cost me $140.00 upfront. It works out to my monthly is A$14.82.

Yes, I do raw edge, using double-sided fusible then a double blanket stitch, the stitch size depends on the size of the piece or if I want the blanket stitch to stand out, often use a variegated thread to lessen the number of thread changes. If you are interested in the Ester Alieu quilt I am happy to private send photos of the two months I have done so far to give you an idea.

Hope this may be of help, Jill

Taree NSW - Australia

Comment

Hi Margo! It's nice to see your face again. Hope all is well with you and that you are still quilting. Kathy

Comment

Jill,
                          Your work is beautiful! It inspires me!

Comment

First two blocks done! I was pleased with my cute little "four patch" in the seam allowance, like Barbara showed in the video. I had used this method on a pinwheel before, but not on a four patch.
                            There are a few things I always had previously omitted in my stitching, but I find that indeed, these are helpful tips on these small pieces. One thing I will add to my "must do; no shortcuts..."... I had never really used a leader scrap before, but I can see with these small pieces, it will definitely help keep the beginning and end of seams nice and straight.

I am back to school this coming week, so as much as I love hand needle turn, I think I will be a realist looking forward and do raw edge applique. I do want to keep up with this, and in looking at the entire quilt, I find myself feeling overwhelmed! One month at a time....

I can't wait to see more of your blocks!
                            Jo

Comment

They look great and I love your colours, and yes Barbra's video helped.

Taree NSW - Australia

Comment

First 2 blocks done. I sped up my trimming of the 1 3/8inch by putting glow tape on the intersection point on my ruler.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 57 users online. 0 members and 57 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X