[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

New Group created for 2015 BOM

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeanette, I bet you will be much happier with the quilting if you go ahead and add strips to the backing edges to give you something to hold onto while quilting. I would think at least 4 additional inches per side for hand or domestic machine quilting, and 6 inches for long arm quilting.

Whether you are doing the quilting or are sending it out, the quality of the quilting suffers when there is not enough edge fabric. Ask me how I know.

I love your colors, so cheerful! They really do justice to the design.

Barb in Alabama

Comment

Beautiful Jeanette, well done getting it done. I wouldn't be able to layer with just an inch, I have trouble with 3 inch but perhaps your work is more accurate than mine. Look forward to seeing how you quilt it. Have you plans?

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

I think they are right and I'm a bit (a lot) wishful.

Comment

Jeanette,
          Your quilt is adorable and finished on time. I am very impressed.
          Judy

Comment

Oh gosh!!! Talk about procrastinating!! I never printed off all the instructions for this BOM. I will have to go downstairs and she which months I am missing and get them printed today. Right after I get back from paying my taxes due today. Like I said "procrastinating". I really love this quilt and want to make it in the near future.

Comment

Thanks for the comments and following the advice I added a pieced strip to one side of the backing and as it is such a busy pattern it hardly shows. I have started in the middle hand quilting around the house and trees and machine quilting around the center block and will then hand quilt around the ponies (which should have been sheep) and machine quilting the pieced borders.

Jeanette

Comment

Awesome Jeanette!
                Barb :-)

Comment

Love it so Cheerful

Comment

Just got back from the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham UK and it was good to see one of 'our' quilts in the show.
                    Well done Esperanza Blanco Ruiz.

Jeanette

Comment

Yes I saw it, great to see it there. I must get mine finished

Comment

Neat to see the quilt! I need to finish mine too.
                        Thanks for posting!
                        Barb

Comment

Yes, Wendy & BarbCA, I want to see them too. Onward!!

Comment

Need to finish mine too... but I'm presently working on the 2014 one!

Andrée

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 59 users online. 0 members and 59 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                            X