[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

New Group created for 2015 BOM

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's just great, Barb! I started this BOM late and have struggled to catch up. Finished October last night. After work I will try to start November so at least I can tell myself that for one day I was working on that month's BOM...but I'll be behind again tomorrow! hmy: I'm so impressed that you are so beautifully done!

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

It's beautiful Barb! Awesome!

I'm sure your friendis going to love it!

Andrée

Comment

Barb, It looks wonderful. Thanks for describing your quilting. Congrats on finishing it!

Comment

Wow how time flies! hmy: Time to make sure I downloaded all of the month's instructions. I didn't play along this year, but want to have to the option of making this quilt in the future!

Comment

Barb, I think your quilt is wonderful. I love your colours, they really shine. The border is just great and I really like the 4-patches in the corners. And the quilting is just great too. Congratulations. I have not finished mine yet but I am nearly there. Not sure if I will do the final border. I'll post a photo when I have assembled everything.

Comment

I just can't help sharing -

Monday the phone rang, and the caller id told me it was my friend to whom I mailed the quilt as a Christmas gift. (I had told her it was okay to open early because I wasn't sure I could wait. )

So I pick up the phone and say 'hi' - all I hear is sobbing. Finally she says, 'I didn't know someone could love me so much,' and then I'm crying.

We agreed that it was a most satisfactory phone call.

Barb in Alabama
              where all is right with my world

Comment

Oh, heck! Rita....Thought we'd lost you !! I've missed you and I bet others have, too ! :woohoo:

Comment

and you Marilyn

Barb how amazing and she's right.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Originally posted by "idaho" post=134654
                    Oh, heck! Rita....Thought we'd lost you !! I've missed you and I bet others have, too ! :woohoo:
                    Ditto!

Comment

Hi Marilyn, nice to see you, love your profile photo. I had to stop all the notifications because I was too busy to read them all for a while there and I hate the way I get individual notifications for every comment made in the day - much preferred the old system, really don't like this version of the website at all and I haven't warmed to it with time either.

Just got the other notifications while typing the above - Hi Lois and Wendy. Barb, what a lovely gift you have given to your friend and what a perfect response!

Comment

Barb, your friend's reaction to receiving your beautiful quilt brought a tear (ok a couple...at least ) to my eyes, too. How gratifying!
                        Rita!

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

Rita, Good to see you are still checking in here when you have time. I just updated my operating system. I think we both have Macs. Anyway, prior to the upgrade I was receiving one notice per thread and it would stay that way until I checked in. Now, with the upgrade every rrtime someone posss I get a new email. For example, right now there are 3 emails in my inbox all for the same thread. The new website is more difficult for me too but maybe its not all the website. I was way, way behind in my upgrades just because I didn't want to deal with the changes. Anyway good to have you stop by.

Comment

You can avoid getting emails if you uncheck the subscribe box every time you post.

Comment

I have just finished the top - it is 44 inches wide and my backing fabric is just an inch bigger - can I get away with that without having to piece it.

Happy New Year everyone

Jeanette

Comment

Jeanette, I would probably go for it, but it will require extremely accurate basting. I am assuming you will not quilt it on a longarm. That would be another story and I'm not able to give good advice about that. Good luck. Pay attention to what others have to say. It's cutting it close for sure.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 67 users online. 0 members and 67 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X