[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

New Group created for 2015 BOM

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're right, Andrée, I'd forgotten about the narrow border that's there. It looks really narrow, maybe 1-inch?

Comment

Wendy, a checkerboard is a really good idea. I hadn't even thought about that - it's a good option!

Comment

Barb - I really like what you've done so far I've not attempted quilt as you go, I'll put on my list!

Barb

Comment

Originally posted by "Barblln" post=133961
          You're right, Andrée, I'd forgotten about the narrow border that's there. It looks really narrow, maybe 1-inch?
          Yes, for the full size it is 1". That is, again, from what I was able to draw on EQ7. So far, it turned out as planned! :cheer:

At this step, the quilt should measure 74" x 54" (finished, so add 1/2"). Then with the narrow border, it should measure 76" x 56" (finished).
          With 19 blocks on each long side (19 X 4" = 76) and 14 blocks on each short side (14 x 4" = 56), I think the measurements are good. You also need 4 "4-patch" for each corner.

Andrée

Comment

Andrée, thank you for all the wonderfully helpful information. I got derailed a bit after I posted my question (crazy work demands plus a sick cat) but I checked my quilt measurements and I am on target. (How did that happen? I'm never on target with dimensions, but I'll take it.)

This quilt-as-you-go gets really complicated with multiple borders; at least, it does for me. So now I am doing hen-scritches on paper to plot out the attack, especially with a 1" border followed by a 4" border. I think I am going to make the borders, attach them to the quilted quilt, and then attach enough backing to extend beyond the borders, insert batting, and quilt the borders. I think.

Am looking forward to Nov 1 to see if there are any outer border instructions. If not, I think I am just going to put 4" blocks all around, with 4-patch in the corner, after I do the 1" border, that is.

So grateful for the good advice!

Barb in gloomy Alabama

Comment

OK, Let me know if I can help you with anything, once the instrucitons come out.

Andrée

Comment

Hi everyone, I hope that I am posting on the right page. I have decided to start the 2015 BOM,as I have finally completely finished 2014 BOM :woohoo: . Is there anything to be aware of before I start, i.e. do I need to make the blocks larger and then cut them down or does the pattern work as written? I am hoping to make full size quilt. Thanking you all in advance, any tips will be greatly appreciated.
                Best Wishes Pam

Comment

Hi Pam, although I did 1/2 size I would oversize and trim when you can it saves tears. Make sure you post pics as you go to motivate us. What fabrics will you use?

Well done finishing the last one have you posted pics of it?

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Hi Wendy, it's so good to hear from you, I hope that you are well. I did a Lynette Anderson quilt pattern a couple of years ago and I wasn't going to do the 2015 BOM as some of the motifs look the same as I have already done. However, I bought enough Japanese fabrics about a year ago to make a quilt (or two) and I want to use them, I don't know how they will look with this pattern though. I love hand applique, so I'm probably going to make this quilt. I regret not printing the patterns for Sue Garman's BOM and don't want to feel the same about this quilt. Have you done all the TQS BOM's Wendy? I need to take some photos of the 2014 BOM as it has turned out well, I really enjoyed the quilting and more or less followed the way Janet had quilted hers, EXCEPT I quilted the crosshatch at 1/2" and a 1" grid would have made the quilt much softer. Thank you for the info on cutting larger Wendy it is appreciated.
                    Warm wishes
                    Pam

Comment

Sounds great.
                      I think the Japanese fabrics will look good and quite a different look . If you look at the photos on the group page you ll see it being done in all sorts of fabrics. Have fun with

Comment

Pam - love your idea to use Japanese fabrics for 'My Country House' looking forward to see what you do!
                        Barb

Comment

YAY! The quilt is done and will be wrapped and mailed this week. I am so happy!

In the end, I went with plain 4x4-inch blocks for the outer border and a simple 4-patch for each corner. Then I quilted the outline of the center medallion house, with a little smoke drifting from the chimney , in each 4x4.

Outline quilting in the wide top and bottom borders and around the vine in the center medallion. Then all kinds of FMQ elsewhere - I had so much fun with this quilting.

I think my friend will love the quilt, and I love picturing her wrapped up in it watching TV, with cats and popcorn. Happiness all around.

Barb in Alabama

Comment

Wow! It turned out beautiful! Your friend is going to love it!!

Comment

Stunning Barb I love it, she's so lucky

Comment

It's awesome Barb, your friend will really enjoy!
                                Barb :-)

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 80 users online. 0 members and 80 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X