[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

New Group created for 2015 BOM

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the good idea, Andree - I'm not at the 9-patch yet, but think I may PP them too.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Please can you help. Rita posted a link for a video showing how to make 2 nine patch blocks with 2 squares and I can't find it. I'm half way through and can't remember the next step

Comment

Wendy, Renata and Chickadee these blocks are all lovely. I haven't started this years BOM but after seeing your blocks I really want to start the 2015 BOM, I must quilt the 2014 BOM first. I am missing being part of the BOM gang this year
        Best Wishes Pam

Comment

I didn't make it last year but still came on to chat.

Comment

Originally posted by "twiglet" post=126463
            Please can you help. Rita posted a link for a video showing how to make 2 nine patch blocks with 2 squares and I can't find it. I'm half way through and can't remember the next step
            Was it the Billie Lauder method? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rBRrBJ_EqM

Comment

Originally posted by "Pemela" post=126464
              ... I haven't started this years BOM but after seeing your blocks I really want to start the 2015 BOM, I must quilt the 2014 BOM first. I am missing being part of the BOM gang this year
              Best Wishes Pam
              Not to throw you off kilter, Pam, when I was working on Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt, "Celtic Solstice," last year, she suggested that each time instructions came out, to do as much as you could even if you did not finish and when the next set of instructions came out, start that and whenever you had a bit of time, go back and finish up whatever was left over from the first set of instructions.

If you can, you might join us and do as much as you can of Month One of the 2015 BOM while quilting the 2014 one. If you can't finish Month One in time, start on the pieces for Month Two with the rest of us when the instructions come out and do what you can. When the 2014 BOM quilting is done, you can always play catch-up on the 2015 one but at least you will have made some headway on it every month. As long as you can do individual blocks, where one month does not have to be joined to another month's work yet, there's probably no harm in working on BOM 2015 in bits and pieces.

Just trying to entice you!... :cheer: :evil:

Comment

that should work.

Thanks Andree that's the one.

A tip if your 1/4" is sometimes a few threads out - when you are cutting the piece to 1" place the 3/4" line on your ruler on the seam, works a treat.

Comment

Yes it is the Billie Lauder method. Are you making full size or 1/2 size. I'm making 1/2 size and started with 2 3 inch squares

If you need help I can post pictures.

Comment

Yes 1/2 size, thanks I've cracked it now.

Comment

Wendy, I love your block. You have a special knack for artistic interpretation. Well done.
                      Judy

Comment

Do have a look at the photos in the Group. There's a block with lovely shaggy sheep.

Comment

Is there
                          One place I can go to to see everyone's pics or do I have to go through each page of posts to date?

Comment

We've been posting pics here while making them and then they are posted on the group folder https://thequiltshow.com/community/photos/photo?albumid=11449959&groupid=100005&photoid=1267 57

Several posted on here haven't made it to the folder yet but I'm sure they will.

Comment

Thanks Wendy they all look good

Comment

January completed.

I really enjoyed the needle turn hearts in the end and improved a bit, I used YLI silk 100 thread but the fine needle gave up on me. The little squares were fun too and I learned new techniques. Roll on Feb and all that applique, I'll find some straw, milliners or something else needles by then.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 206 users online. 0 members and 206 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X