[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

New Group created for 2015 BOM

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are the notes I've written and put in my BSR box. Set the lower tension to 0 (sometimes I have it on 1). Shorten the stitch length to 1.5. Adjust the presser foot tension two clicks (so there is less pressure). Feed dogs down. I prefer Mode 1 which provides constant power to the needle. When I started, I used Mode 2 (power to the needle only when fabric moves), but I found I was very jerky when I used that mode. Hope that helps.

Comment

omg I LOVE those sheep with the little dots on the outer edge

denise

Comment

Chickadee, I love your house. The sheep are darling. And I love your name, if Chickadee is your name.

Comment

I just finished (well, after I took the photo I realized I'd forgotten the wings on the birds...) the center block, minus the border. I'm still playing with colors for the nine-patch blocks but I really have to get moving with this or it could take forever to finish Month One. :S

This is my Christmas quilt, half-size. Don't know whether I'll go all the way to Month 12 or will stop when I like it as a wall hanging. However, I had never done needle turn applique' before and am now loving it! After watching a few good videos and receiving great advice from you all, I'm now on a roll! :silly: I learned some good embroidery skills from my mother while growing up in Italy (she threatened to send me to the nuns to learn if I did not pay attention to what she was teaching me), but had not picked up a needle since I was quite young. I was surprised... it's like riding a bicycle, you pick it up again easily, without the scraped knees! The details are far from perfect, but I'm sure I'll get better as I practice. In the meantime, I must say I am really having fun. :woohoo:

Comment

Renata, it's great. I love the kitten. And your trees are delicate - good going, girl!

Comment

Thank you, Terrie! In the spirit of proper attribution, I purchased Lynette Anderson's book, Stitch it for Christmas in the hope of finding blocks that would be good substitutes since I'm doing a Christmas quilt. The trees are in her book and I thought they were perfect for this block. The cat was a cutout from a piece of fabric and he kind of looks like my cat.

Comment

Really pretty, Renata! Love your fabric choices too.

Comment

Chickadee and Renata I love both of your blocks and they are so different. What fun.

Judy

Comment

It's gorgeous, Renata! Of course, I've learned to expect that from you. Love the kitty!!

Comment

Very nice Renata!

Comment

Gorgeous Renata I love, love, love it

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Chickadee your block is looking terrific! I too love what you have done with the sheep - I might just have to go away and have that idea myself

Renata, your block is simply divine! I love everything about it. I love that variation on the trees and your cat on the lawn, perfect. Thank goodness for your mother's determination and your perseverance.

Comment

Renata, your block is so lovely! and I should say this for all the blocks I've seen so far. Everyone is so original.

Andrée

Comment

Renata, beautiful house.

Comment

Renata, I love your block! And your trees are great! It is going to be fun seeing this one come together!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 42 users online. 0 members and 42 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X