Birdhouse Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love it MommyG1 !

Comment

Are there pattern pieces for the birdhouse roofs and the birdhouse posts? I don't see them on the pattern sheet, but maybe I'm just missing them.

Comment

Love the cat

Comment

Meegwat love the fabric used for the tree

Comment

Originally posted by "txquilter12" post=154308
            Enjoying the process of assembling and making the elements for the quilt. I decided to make the quilt about half the size. Currently, auditioning placement of birdhouse, flowers and birds. The cat is pieced into the background and the bird feeder is applique. Not certain if I like the birdfeeder - may need to add other design elements to make it more cohesive.
            Love the cat - so clever

Comment

I keep playing with the layout but I think I’m done. Time to get everything appliqué down. I am doing raw edge with free hand sewing, it will be ready for the wall come spring.
              Monique 

Comment

• Dadams
                Dadams commented
                Editing a comment
                Your colors say "Spring"! Love your layout.

Originally posted by "JoAnnB" post=154516
              Are there pattern pieces for the birdhouse roofs and the birdhouse posts? I don't see them on the pattern sheet, but maybe I'm just missing them.
              JoAnnB The picture of the pattern says just make them 1inch wide. HelenW

Comment

Oh how sweet

Comment

There are measurements given on the pattern sheet - at least the width of the strips is given, the length would depend on your own layout.

Comment

I went Polynesian. Think I’m going to use a hibiscus instead of daisies. Still working on pinwheels. This is fun!

Comment

Thank you much! I noticed that last night.

Comment

Nothing is sewn on just pinned but positioning is close

Comment

• Meegwat
                          Meegwat commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Love the flowers along the post

I think the elements are all done but nothing has been sewn down. This is 50% size of Alex's pattern so my Barn Quilts are 1&1/2", smallest blocks I have ever made. It has been a while since I have done turned edge applique and I had forgotten how time consuming it is but the results are wonderful. Alex, thank you for the inspiration. I need to get busy and finish the basket quilt, maybe tomorrow or the next day.

Comment

[quote="karonray" post=154601]I think the elements are all done but nothing has been sewn down. This is 50% size of Alex's pattern so my Barn Quilts are 1&1/2", smallest blocks I have ever made. It has been a while since I have done turned edge applique and I had forgotten how time consuming it is but the results are wonderful. Alex, thank you for the inspiration. I need to get busy and finish the basket quilt, maybe tomorrow or the next day.

[/quote

Karonray. Fabulous job on colors, placement, and the barn blocks are just too,too cute. LOVE LOVE LOVE your birdhouse quilt. HelenW

Comment

Everything is sewn down. All the fabric is from my stash, even the white satin taffeta for the daisies. Next, the quilting.

Comment

• PaolaRB
                              PaolaRB commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Love those birds!!!

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 70 users online. 0 members and 70 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                          X