[vb_main_1]

Birdhouse Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birdhouse Quilt

Welcome to Alex's Birdhouse Quilt project. Class will start on Tuesday, January 19, 2021.

Hi, does anyone know when the pattern will be available?

Comment

Originally posted by "Conny" post=153589
      Hi, does anyone know when the pattern will be available?
      Here is the schedule of Alex’s Live broadcasts, scroll down to see them:

https://thequiltshow.com/

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
      North Alabama, USA
      "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Where can I get the Birdhouse Quilt Pattern? I have asked many times. How can I start the quilt when I dont have the pattern?
        This way to hard.

Comment

Originally posted by "littlestitches" post=153826
          Where can I get the Birdhouse Quilt Pattern? I have asked many times. How can I start the quilt when I dont have the pattern?
          This way to hard.
          Alex said in the Live today it is not up yet, maybe later today. She will tell you everything you need to know tomorrow on the first class.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
          North Alabama, USA
          "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Good morning,

I was wondering if there was a way I can do the birdhouse quilt a bit smaller? I wanted to hang it in my sewing studio/room, wall space is limited. So I was thinking if I make it unfinished at 28 1/2” x 36 1/2” which is 4” both ways and make 1 less pinwheel for each side that should work? I may have to fudge the seams on the pinwheels a bit and just shrink the flowers and birdhouses a bit so it all plays together nicely it should work? Any opinions or suggestions will help.

Thank you
            Barbara

Comment

Originally posted by "Barbara1259" post=153870
              Good morning,

I was wondering if there was a way I can do the birdhouse quilt a bit smaller? I wanted to hang it in my sewing studio/room, wall space is limited. So I was thinking if I make it unfinished at 28 1/2” x 36 1/2” which is 4” both ways and make 1 less pinwheel for each side that should work? I may have to fudge the seams on the pinwheels a bit and just shrink the flowers and birdhouses a bit so it all plays together nicely it should work? Any opinions or suggestions will help.

Thank you
              Barbara
              Barbara, You did the important figuring first. Keeping the inside a size that works with the 4 inch pinwheels should make it a easy modification. What a cute idea to put it in your sewing room. I alrady
              Have 2 bird hangings in my sewing room. One is an eagle in a tree with a blue pieced sky background
              And the other is a birdhouse with a couple little birds . I am going to try to fit this in with all the other projects since is it is so cheerful and looking forward to spring coming. HelenW

Comment

With the fabric packages soldout, can anyone tell me the number of colors and yardage that are in the bundles? Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by "DanielInSeattle" post=153895
                  With the fabric packages soldout, can anyone tell me the number of colors and yardage that are in the bundles? Thank you in advance.
                  DanielInSeattle, I took a screen shot and underlined in red the amounts in the sold out bundles. Hope this helps. HelenW

Comment

We are still in lockdown here in Ontario, so I had to work with what I had on hand. I like the look of all the greens. Ready for the appliqués. Undecided if I’ll go raw edge or use Appliquick.

Monique
                    Monique 

Comment

Perfect! That is exactly what I needed. Thank you bunches!

Comment

Finished my background. Decided to do something a little different. Had seen this triangle background on other applique projects and always wanted to try it.

Comment

The Birdhouse quilt measured 32x40. Is the 32 the width and 40 the length. Thank you.

Comment

[quote="littlestitches" post=153952]The Birdhouse quilt measured 32x40. Is the 32 the width and 40 the length. Thank you.

Littlestitches. It is 32 inches high or tall and 40 inches across or wide. HelenW

Comment

Beautiful! I wanted to do hexagons, but chickened out.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 74 users online. 0 members and 74 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X