X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having fun playing with colors

Comment

Lovely gentle colours.

Comment

This will be lovely, interesting to read your quilt story.

Comment

I added so birds, and bases for the birdhouses along with poles. Some of the stuff I added was from a McKenna Ryan quilt that I did, also I got an Accuquilt Go for Christmas that had a die for birds and Flowers that I used. I’m thinking of adding some leaves and stems for the flowers. While they will probably not show that much, I think it needs them. I also am looking at the blue birdhouse and I think it might need another door or window hole. I still need to run the poles through the border too. My circle centers to the flowers show through, so I will either add another layer of center or embroider on them.

Comment

This is my background. I am going with a portrait layout rather than landscape, as that will fit better where I would like to hang this quilt. I've made it about an inch bigger in each direction, and will trim it to size once the appliqué is done, then add the pinwheels.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Like your idea of embroidering on flower centers. Now you have me thinking about that!

Comment

A little behind. I am making mine smaller with 3 inch pinwheels. I used triangle paper for the pinwheels worked out real nice.

Comment

Enjoying the process of assembling and making the elements for the quilt. I decided to make the quilt about half the size. Currently, auditioning placement of birdhouse, flowers and birds. The cat is pieced into the background and the bird feeder is applique. Not certain if I like the birdfeeder - may need to add other design elements to make it more cohesive.

Comment

What size is your background before the pinwheels.? I want to make mine smaller too. Very pretty. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Thank you.

My background is 28.5 x 24.5. The pinwheels are the same size as in the pattern (4.5 unfinished).

Comment

I got a lot done this weekend. I need to make a few more flowers. This is such a happy quilt! Thanks, Alex!

Comment

That is gorgeous, MommyG1!

Comment

Still a work in progress but the further along I go, you start flipping different things in your mind about what you want. Been fun so far. Still working on more pedals for more flowers. Thanks for the inspiration.

Comment

Hi,
                                I made mine smaller it’s 36x36 I have a rough placement of things but so far I’m liking it. Not perfect but either is nature. Lol
                                Onto the flowers next to fill in. Thanks Alex for stretching my brain.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 29 users online. 0 members and 29 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X