[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love watching Alex teach. Two blocks down.

Comment

Awesome quilt

Comment

Comment

Comment

my first block

Comment

As I looked at my hand dyes yesterday, I realized I had double the amount of color. One side of the fabric is slightly darker than the other. What fun, a little subtle shading may go a long way.

Comment

Block #1, I have decided to make 4 blocks of each.

Comment

My blocks so fat

Comment

Very nice and really accurate!!!

Comment

Beautiful!! Youknow, you've answered a question for me. My blocks are coming out a little shy of 6 1/2 inches. I was wondering if the book made 6 inch unfinished blocks. Good to know mine are a tiny bit on the small side. Need to figure out why!!

Comment

Barbara, can you ask Alex to make some suggestions about how the blocks might be organized in the quilt? I can think about a way to make them really symmetrical in their placement since I'm planning to make 2 of each block; and at the other extreme, I suppose I could just throw them at the wall to see where they stick. Alex mentioned that she was intentionally placing some of them on the exterior sides, but I didn't know what she meant.

How should we consider the blocks in relation to the fabric that inspires them? I'm making another quilt right now that has finished 6" centers and background fabric cut 2x on the diagonal added to the sides to make the block finish at 9".

Or is it too early to be thinking about these things?

Comment

THANK YOU everyone for posting your progress! What a lovely way to start the day..........surfing the forum and viewing your work!! Great job people. If your blocks are turning out "the wrong size" please check your 1/4" seam allowance by stitching two 1.5" strips together and then measuring after pressing. It should then measure 2". I learned this from Sally Collins.

Comment

Love the batiks

Comment

Lindi, yes, it's too early and Alex does not have a plan for YOUR quilt, she will just play with her blocks as she goes along.

Alex is checking in here from time to time and she will see your question, I'm sure.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                              North Alabama, USA
                              "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

That’ll work! We’re all at different with piecing. By the end you’ll be an expert!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 74 users online. 0 members and 74 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X