[vb_main_1]

Still going down....... :)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still going down....... :)

I don't deprive myself of evenings out with friends or family, and then don't analyse what's on the restaurant menu. I just enjoy good food and even better company. But the rest of the time I'm disciplined (not easy for someone who thrives on living on the edge of chaos). So by now 6 and 1/2 stone are gone. It suddenly dawned on me today, when my granddaughter was sitting on my knee (she was 3 a couple of days ago) that I have actually lost more than what she weighs, and I got my son to take a picture before Eva decided that it was more fun to kick a ball around than sitting on Oma's knee. I guess my catch phrase should be "Onwards and downwards"!

From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Yea, Lorchen!!! Keep up the good work! What a cute picture! I love your balance, too. What a good perspective, but now I have to search for a conversion table to stones... ops: A friend of mine is trying to loose about 75 pounds - he keeps converting his loss into bowling balls - he's at 2 and 1/2 balls now - on his way to loosing about 5.

Comment

Way to go, Lorchen! The two of you are so cute! Matching smiles!

Comment

Thank you, Keith! I love your friend's idea. One stone is 14 pounds. I wonder how many bowling balls that would be.

Please, tell your friend that I wish him all the best. I don't know him, but I know how easy it is to pile on weight, and how hard to shift it. I have had to change my whole attitude to food, find a new routine, and then be disciplined - not easy for someone who always seems to be on the edge of chaos.

Comment

Fabulous Lorchen, I really am going to have trouble finding you at FOQ. Your little one is gorgeous and I can see you in her cheeky smile

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

WooHoo Lorchen! You look great! That "Little Miss" had dark hair the last picture we saw of her. Eva is a beautiful, beautiful child.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

What a great picture Lorchen - you look fantastic and your granddaughter is so cute. You really are an inspiration.

Now Keith, about this friend of yours who has lost 2 1/2 balls.... :lol:

Comment

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Ritzy, Eva has got the same kind of hair as her dad. It changes with the seasons. It's quite a bit darker in winter, and then, when spending more time outside in the sunshine, it goes a lot lighter.

Don't worry, Wendy, there is still enough of me left to fill a room. But in 2014........ Mmmmhhh.... by then you should be able to wrap me into a Fat Quarter. 8)

Comment

:lol: smiling all the way !!

Comment

Rita, you can say so much with an unfinished sentence! :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by ritzy
                        Rita, you can say so much with an unfinished sentence! :lol:
                        Should we call that a "pregnant pause"? Rita seems to be the master of it!

Lorchen, three cheers for your ongoing success! Looking fabulous!

from the Piedmont of North Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
                          What a great picture Lorchen - you look fantastic and your granddaughter is so cute. You really are an inspiration.

Now Keith, about this friend of yours who has lost 2 1/2 balls.... :lol:
                          ROFLOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Onwards and downwards! Way to go lorchen!
                            Great pic of the both of you.

Comment

I am thrilled for you, Lorchen.

I love all the comments and think this is a great group of supporters!

Rita, you're a riot! So funny!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 69 users online. 0 members and 69 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X