[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Justin Shults Fan Club

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now if we go with the name I suggested for the fan club 'Justin Time' then the pin could be Justin on the face of a clock.

Mandy, I just love how quilt oriented your husband is and you are next door to the fractal queen Rose Rusbrooke in Virginia
    http://www.roserushbrooke.com/fracta...t-article.html
    That came up from a quick scan but I think there was a Simply Quilts segment on her too

Comment

[quote="PattiSure"]Now if we go with the name I suggested for the fan club 'Justin Time' then the pin could be Justin on the face of a clock.

Patti, I like your idea for a "Justin Time" pin

Comment

Holy cow, I'm too busy to read the forum for a few weeks and look what I missed! Can I still be a charter member of the JSFC, please, please, pretty please?

Jorja

PS - I simply can't believe that 43 and change thing :shock: . I would have guessed 33 max. You should begin lying about your age, starting today.

Comment

Justin is a real dear. I've had the pleasure of visiting with him at 4 Quilt Show tapings and we sure had him blushing the last time. ops: He sure puts up with a lot of us in the audience. :lol:

I think this fan club is a wonderful idea!! A button would be cool!! Are we thinking small tack buttons? I have a button maker (badge-a-minit) and I would be pleased to make the buttons if we want to go that route.

Hey Justin, how were the sweet/hot pickles? Did you share? :wink: I'm ready to make up another batch and will bring some next visit.

Hugs,
          Kelly in CO

Comment

Count me in as a member of the JSFC also. I got to meet Justin last year at Houston. He is such a nice guy. I couldn't place his accent either... but I am pretty sure he didn't grow up in Texas.

So, I guess it is time for Justin to "fess up". Just where are you from? And how did you go about getting into the engineering field? Please allow me one more question. Who inspired you the most when you were young?

Another inquiring mind
            Vicki in Oklahoma

Comment

If you check out the profile of TQS member stipplequilter you'll see six beautiful fractal quilts...amazing!

Comment

Ok, Ok, I guess I will have to fess up Vicki. I am a Texan (shhh, I hear all of you now). Actually, I'm a Southeast Texan which is why many of you probably had a tough time localizing the accent. A lot of us in that part of the state sound like we're from South Carolina or Georgia.

I got into engineering because that's what my family said I should do. I didn't know what I wanted to be "when I grew up", but I just wanted out of the house and I felt college was the smartest route to take. "Hated it!" Should have been in the medical profession but then, I wouldn't be here with my own "fan club" if I took that route....LOL

Thank you Lorja, you're such a sweetie..."33 max!" Love ya girl! Perhaps one day I'll have gray hair or "no" hair to match my age. Poor Ricky! A number of times I have had ladies come up and ask me where my Father was or if he was coming back to the booth.

But on a more personal note, thank y'all for writing. When Ricky/Alex said they wanted a Justin Fan Club, I groaned with dismay. I was afraid that there would be all of 2 people who might possibly write and that the thread would be embarassingly (?) vacant! So thank you for writing! I still like the behind the scenes stuff more than the in-front stuff...can't you tell?

And finally, the question was who inspired me when I was younger. That's really hard, I mean REALLY hard! In my youth and even in my earliest adult days, like many, I lived life as it was thrown at me; not really caring about anything but the moment. As I've gotten older though, I think those that inspire me most are the ones who overcome or have to live with "real adversity" not perceived ones. Most of us, and I mean most of us Men, and some Women, think we're all big, bad, and tough. But in reallity, we're the weakest ones! It's all for show! Those who live life with an infirmity or a terminal illness who fight, each and everyday just to get out of bed. Those who don't even have the energy or strength and sometime will, to keep going despite their affliction or lot in life and NEVER complain but continue to SMILE; those are the people that inspire me.

Perhaps that's not what you expected or even wanted to hear. Live life for all it's worth! Embrace each day to the fullest and SMILE even though you don't want to or feel as though you can't possibly. You may never know how positive that little act may be for somebody else.

Ok, I'm out of my pulpit now!

So....anymore questions....?????

Comment

Any more questions???? Well....yeah.....

When you aren't working, what do you like to do? We know you have a motorcycle, but do you also enjoy playing and/or watching sports? Do you have an artistic talent besides dying wonderful fabrics? Do you read much? Do you like music or background noise or do you prefer quiet when you can get it?

We know a lot about Ricky's story and Alex's...we want to know more about the man behind the scenes!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                  That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Justin,
                    I'm afraid you're no longer "the man behind the curtain" :lol: :lol:
                    You're just as much a part of TQS/ARJJ as Alex, Ricky and John. So, keep on 'fessin up. We really enjoy it!!!!
                    eileenkny

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
                    Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Thanks for the info, Justin! Sometimes it is easier to stay in the background, but we are glad that you are catching some light! WandaM
                      Happy Quilting,

Shiner TX

Comment

OH Margo, you're just not going to let me fade into the background anymore will you???? :lol:

Lemme see...Yes, I LOVE sports - matter of fact, a FANATIC or lunatic, whichever fits best. I love football, played 9 years of it; am a Rabid Oklahoma Sooner football fan. Love professional Baseball especially the Houston Astros as pitiful as they are!

I LOVE music. I tolerate most but mostly drawn to big Orchestrated pieces, Classical, Pop, and New Country. Music moves my soul and the older I get, the bigger the titty-baby I get with grand, orchestral pieces. (For those who have never heard the term: titty-baby...it means I am moved to tears easily). Ricky came into my office the other day and tears were streaming down my face to Dvorak. Sorry, I really am a big softy!

I'm an automobile fanatic. Used to and still would if I could afford it, buy a new car every year. Have been an auto fanatic probably since I was in Kindergarten. My Mom will attest to this and Ricky too.

I really enjoy reading and will read most anything. Currently reading Merle's Door. I probably like "self-help" the least. I think we all know what we need to do to be a better person, employee, child, spouse, whatever...just don't think I need to buy a book to tell me how I'm supposed to be. If by the time we're reaching middle-age (whatever that is) and we haven't figured it out, don't guess there's any reason to bother.

...and as far as artistic talents...HA! I can't even draw a stick figure so that others would recognize it!!!!
                        Happy Quilting,

Shiner TX

Comment

How fun it is to get a chance to say "We love ya, Justin" I knew you were a dear heart, and it was proven by your comments about yourself. Your sensitivity, your willingness to admit it, AND your love for animals (to mention a few things) make you an okay dude in my book 8)
                          As a humorous "aside".....since I first saw this post, the song from the OLD movie, Bye Bye Birdie, has been running through my mind.......We love you Conrad (insert Justin), oh yes we do,.........(something about trueeeeee)......when you're not near us, we're bluuuuuuee...oh Conrad, we love you.........
                          I've been laughing to myself. I had to google to find out the name of the movie.......could remember the song, and that it had Ann Margaret and Paul Lynde in it, but that's all. How corny :lol: Although it might make a fun skit, I hope we fall short of mobbing you with our ponytails and poodle skirts. LOL
                          Hope you get a snort and giggle out of this, too. Okay, I know I have a weird sense of humor.
                          HUGS!!!
                          Jan in Spokane
                          Happy Quilting,

Shiner TX

Comment

Thanks for the info!! Our son, the engineer, also loves cars! Our other son played baseball for the University of Tennessee and would you believe that my husband's brother actually played baseball for the Houston Astros!!! I KID YOU NOT!!!
                            Small world!
                            It's nice to know more about you....and it makes me appreciate all you do to keep things running smoothly.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                            That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Justin Time--how clever is that! It's nice that so many people know what a great guy Justin is.

This week found me helping a family with funeral arrangements for their 82 year old Dear Dad, our wonderful neighbor, so I've been thinking about eulogies and how everyone should get to hear their eulogy BEFORE they're dead--wouldn't that be something? It would be great for those who are especially well-thought of to know how much they mean to others and it might help those who don't always put their best foot forward to straighten up--you think? What would you like people to say about you?

Anyway, Justin now has gotten a taste of all the wonderful things people say about him, behind his back.

Love ya, Justin--keep up the good work!

Barbara

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                              North Alabama, USA
                              "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

I LOVE music. I tolerate most but mostly drawn to big Orchestrated pieces, Classical, Pop, and New Country. Music moves my soul and the older I get, the bigger the titty-baby I get with grand, orchestral pieces. (For those who have never heard the term: titty-baby...it means I am moved to tears easily). Ricky came into my office the other day and tears were streaming down my face to Dvorak. Sorry, I really am a big softy!

Justin, we use that term, "titty baby" here in Missouri and Iowa, also. But only for someone who is whining. Not being sensitive and passionate about something truly beautiful. So I think we must come up with another term for you. lol

I enjoyed learning more about you, too, Justin. It's the folks behind the scenes who really make things work. You get a huge pat on the back!

And now I have that song in my head, probably for forever :shock: . We love you Justin, we really dooooooooooooooo...............
                                chris in Mid-MO

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                                North Alabama, USA
                                "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 70 users online. 0 members and 70 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X