[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of you are getting things done... We are getting lots of rain in SD, (huge change from last years drought) so the haying work has come to a screeching halt, so tomorrow I will get to finish the button hole stitching on my spool quilts outer boarders, then my long arm quilter will get it in the mail. How is the book coming? It is midnight here so I am off to bed. Night all.

Comment

Nice to see you again! Hope to see pictures of your project

living in Central Denmark
      Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Lucky lucky you Michelle to get to see Edyta in person. I am sure it was inspirational. Your reels look very promising. Good luck with the rest and I look forward to seeing it all together. It does take some time but it will be worth it in the end.

Comment

Wow what happened to this group? Hardly any thing going on here..
          I know I have been busy with the ranch and farming and all but gezz the last post was in "JULY!"
          REALLY! Where did everyone go?
          Bren

Comment

Originally posted by Millboroquilter
            Wow what happened to this group? Hardly any thing going on here..
            I know I have been busy with the ranch and farming and all but gezz the last post was in "JULY!"
            REALLY! Where did everyone go?
            Bren
            I think you will find that all the Lounge Lizards have moved over to here :wink: http://forum/friendship-triangle-exc...yourself-style We might just excuse you if you don't want to read all of the posts .... :P but the first one is useful, after that the conversation tends to... what you might describe as... meander... :wink: :lol:

Comment

Bren, We've missed you! Come find us.

Comment

Hi Bren, nice to hear from you. I have still not finished my Wot RoTT quilt! Just a little more embroidery on the border and then I am ready to attach it after which I will still have to quilt it. So, nearly there then. :lol: How's everybody else doing with their spools?

Comment

I finally have the center of my spool quilt all done!! I am working now on the applique border -- that is going to take some time for sure!! LOL Still cutting out the fusible shapes and then will fuse and cut out the batik appliques and get them onto the borders.

I will be trying invisible zigzag on the applique. I bought Microtex needles size 70/10 to use with the invisible smoke MonoPoly with Aurifil in the bobbin. I usually do a blanketstitch finish but wanted to try this since I saw how nice it looked on this quilt in person when Edyta came to my guild.

Has anyone else done this type of finish? Any hints?

Comment

I usually set the stitch length and width to 1.0 and loosen the tension to about 3.5. Practice on scraps to see what works best for you.

Comment

I totally agree with Annis.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

I haven't done that kind of finish Michelle but I wish I had with this one because it has taken soooooo loooooong to blanket stitch around all the pieces in the borders. Mind you, it doesn't help that I made mine double size and changed the applique design so that there are over 100 pieces in each border. Hopefully it will be worth it by the time it's done. :roll:

Comment

Rita, Looking forward to seeing it when it is done. Sounds beautiful.

Comment

Rita....read your note to Margarita about doing her name...can you share how
                            you're putting on the names and how much info you include ? Pretty Please?

Comment

Marilyn, I am using my sewing machine to embroider the names down one side and the city/town and State on the other side. Some people did not include their full names, just their screen name and when I started I was trying to find their full names but realized it would take too long. I emailed a couple of people but only one replied so I then thought that maybe people don't want their full names on the quilt. I have not put anybody's full address on there. I would prefer to have people's actual names rather than a screen name that might not mean much in 50+ years time (if my quilt doesn't fall apart before then. :roll: ) Here is a photo of one close up and one of how they look on the quilt.

I used a gold coloured thread so that they are not very noticeable except as a sort of design element on either side of the spools.

Comment

Rita, I love how you have finished your quilt! Adding the embroidered names must have taken quite a long while, but in the long run, that time was very well spent. Your border is just beautiful!!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 309 users online. 0 members and 309 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X