[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The top and bottom were cut 1.5" (1" finished), the sides were cut 1" (1/2" finished) sewn at a 45 degree (I've get really good at mitred corners now :wink: ) I definitely recommend drawing a 45 degree angled line to follow for stitching. I stitched the tops on first, right across, then I had a line of stitches to show where to start & stop for the sides. Similar to how Gyleen showed how to do her hexagons by machine.

Comment

Originally posted by PosyP
      The top and bottom were cut 1.5" (1" finished), the sides were cut 1" (1/2" finished) sewn at a 45 degree (I've get really good at mitred corners now :wink: ) I definitely recommend drawing a 45 degree angled line to follow for stitching. I stitched the tops on first, right across, then I had a line of stitches to show where to start & stop for the sides. Similar to how Gyleen showed how to do her hexagons by machine.
      Thanks Rosemary, I think I understand but will have to try it when I get a bit of time.

I would like to be able to find this particular post easily, is there a way of bookmarking posts
      :?: :?: :?: :?:

Comment

Maureen, I'm not aware of a way to bookmark a particular post on the TQS forum, but if you are using a PC I can tell you how to save it on your computer. You just have to remember WHERE you save it! Ask me how I know THAT! :roll: (Sorry I can't help with a MAC)

Anyway...I make a folder and label it something I will remember (so that I can do a search for it with my PC if I need to later) and put it in a place that would be logical for me to look. I keep a "folder" with just TQS stuff with lots of sub folders in it. I too will save this and put it in a new folder in my "Wot Rott" sub-folder. (Are you still with me??)

Are you familiar with your Microsoft SNIPPING TOOL? If not, click on the Window's START button, then click on ALL PROGRAMS. From the drop-down menu locate ACCESSORIES and click on it. From that drop-down menu locate SNIPPING TOOL.
        When you click on that a window will pop-up. (There are some options in that menu that you might want to explore later.)
        It will tell you to "Drag a box around the area that you want to capture", so do that with your mouse button or the buttons on your laptop by pressing the left mouse button down at the upper left of the area you want to capture, and drag the cursor to the bottom right of the area and you will see a box created in that area.

When you release the mouse button a new window will pop-up and you can see the area that you "captured". At the top of that window you can click on FILE, then SAVE AS...
        This is where you designate a location for the file to be stored. Be sure to click SAVE!

Is this cool, or what!!!

As for the photos you want to save (I save lots of photos from TQS in my TQS folder!) you just "right-click" on the photo that you want to save, then select SAVE IMAGE AS. Again, save it in a location and with a name that is logical for you, and I also make sure that it is a "JPEG Image".
        Again...be sure to click SAVE!

If you are still reading this, I think you will find that it's easy to save lots stuff and keep it where you can locate it later. Not exactly a bookmark, but it works for me! Just be aware that this is for your own use, and not intended to violate copyright laws by making money from it!! :shock:

Have fun!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
        That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Thanks for the info Margo. Yes I did understand it all the way through: Never heard of it but it sounds good. Only thing is I have XP on my PC and it is not on it. I went looking in Microsoft to see if they have a download for XP but they don't so I googled for an answer and someone came up with Gadwin Printscreen which is supposed to be the same and it is free. I will look into it when I have a moment. I am the same as you, I have a file for TQS and lots of sub folders in that, my life seems to revolve around sub folders (I seem to be very anal) :lol: :lol: What I usually do is just highlight the message, copy it to Word and then save it to one of my folders.

My PC is old and I have been talking about getting a new one but my grandsons have told me not to get one with Windows 8 as there are still bugs in it :shock: :shock: so I will have to try to get a new one with Windows 7 :roll: :roll:

Comment

Maureen, the following screen capture program is safe and works well on XP machines.

http://www.techsmith.com/download/jing/default.asp

Comment

Failing that, on the keyboard in the top right hand corner you should/could/might have a button labled
              PrtSc
              SysRq

the top bit refers to Print Screen, so if you get what you want on your screen and then click on it, it will take a snap-shot of everything that is on the screen, which you can then paste either onto a word document or into a Paint screen to save. If you paste it into a Paint screen, you can then copy the relevant bit and just save that bit.

I remember Margo telling me about the PrtSc button in the thread 'How to quilt a Kalidoscope' ( :? :lol: ), because I am on xp and don't have the snipping tool either.....

Comment

Has anyone had an email through TQS from someone who wants you to be their "friend" and to email them but it all a bit "off"? You search for their name as a member but can't find anything. What do you do - ignore and delete it or pass it on to TQS? If pass it on, who to?

Comment

hello maureen
                  havn't had any emails like that - but better to report from the first...
                  i would:
                  go to HELP (right next to MY ACCOUNT on the Purple Bar on top of this site)
                  go to CONTACT US
                  and explain the problem - mentioning the suspect email sender and if possible copy the email contents into the email you are sending them.
                  i would probably send it to Customer Service - they will know who to pass it on to.

have a great day !

Comment

Yes Maureen I seem to remember getting something like that a while back. I couldn't find the member and asked for help. I don't recall now whether the person turned out to be a member or not but my attitude is if they don't have a profile photo and I can't find them easily then I won't respond.

Comment

I've not had any emails like that, but if they want to be a friend, all they have to do is join in the chatter on the forum and show their face, the same way that we have all made friends. Sounds a bit suspect to me.

That said, while hunting for members I always have problems finding Djane through the search for a member section :?

Comment

Love your quilt Rosemary and Margo.. Thanks for all the PC info... very good stuff!

Comment

So I was having a look at the Show and Tell entries in various categories and noticed that there are only two - yes that's right only TWO (2) quilts on the Wot RoTT show and tell page. Is this possible? I know that I have seen at least four (4) posted on this thread. I mean, there were at least 82 people involved in this exchange or was it 126 Rosemary? Where are you all.... where are your quilts? WIPs? Anything, anybody? I am looking for a little company on this lonesome journey of completing the applique for this quilt. So wassup?

Comment

My strip units got put in a "safe place" during the basement remodel, and I still haven't found them! ops: ops: ops:

Comment

My Wot RoTT exchange has been put on hold (back burner).
                              I have a few spool blocks done,
                              First my sewing machine that I take to my small guid on workshop days to work on them,
                              Then I was sick with a really bad cold for 3 weeks.
                              Slowly getting back on track I hope. It has taken me a long time to get my strength back

I have been Hand Quilting on my Dear Jane, while sitting and resting. It will take me a long time to get poor Jane done.

I might have a couple of days to,work on them next week.

Margarita

Comment

As the wot rott quilt is a keeper, it's taking a backseat to everything else... Strips are safe and sound, resting up for the day we can start to play

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 332 users online. 0 members and 332 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X