[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lois, as I type this I am sitting in front of a wood stove and DH is making a pot of tea! Outside it is twilight and the mist has come down over the mountains. It's great to be warm inside. The hot whiskey is also a great man for these cold days - purely for medicinal reasons of course. :mrgreen:

Bren I am glad I gave you a laugh. I bet you anything if you make a tea-cosy one of them will put it on their head. Karen I did get a picture of my DH with the tea cosy on his head long ago but the photo is in an album somewhere - not on my laptop. But actually it has made me realize that I should probably make one again just for the laugh. :lol:

Comment

Nancy, I'd be so happy to have you! When can I expect you?

Comment

Originally posted by loise98
        Nancy, I'd be so happy to have you! When can I expect you?
        Not nearly as soon as I would wish!!

Comment

"Oh, she sighed... laughing and wishing...." I think I'll get a cuppa something !

Comment

me too, something hot with whiskey... a hot tottie! :wink:

Just got this email from my friend Ree so I would go with this hot deal too....

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...=Yahoo%21+Mail

Comment

I just saw that post from Ree! My mouth is watering but I'm too darn lazy to make it!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
              That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Did u see Jb's web special? I like the teal..
                http://www.jinnybeyer.com/ax_commerce/webSpecial.cfm

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
                  I just saw that post from Ree! My mouth is watering but I'm too darn lazy to make it!
                  I wish someone would make some for me. I am to lazy also. Looks like a lot of work. But is sounds really good.

Comment

After having our traditional "good luck" pork and sauerkraut yesterday (on New Years Day), that Potato Soup sounds delicious for supper tonight with a nice salad. YUM
                    Lori

Comment

I think I will try the potato soup tomorrow. However, I have a new bag of red potatoes, so I will skip peeling them. And I will skip putting it in a blender. Gotta' cut down some of that prep time.

Comment

So today I am exploring this TQS sight and I found a blog place for Ricki and one for Alex...
                        What I found was Alex hasn’t blogged since 04/20/2010
                        and that blog was called something like back in the saddle again, so did she get bucked off and hasn’t blogged since or what... LOL I'm just kidding!
                        I didn’t bother to look at Ricki's I might later on...

Anyway there sure is a lot of stuff on here. So my question is... is there a really good way to keep posted as to what is going on at all times in every area of this sight? or do you just keep clicking and looking around?

Oh yea I decided to print off the patterns and instructions for the Sedona Star quilt... I think I may have made a big mistake... I have filled the printer 2 times with paper and I don’t think it has printed month 4 yet... I guess I missed that disclaimer saying to buy lots of paper and ink if you want to print this instruction quilt off. LOL... gotta love quilting right!

Comment

Bren, I think you need to be a bit obssessive about quilting to keep up here. But yes, I think it takes lots of clicking. BTW, Ricky is more regular with his posting although I haven't checked lately. Mostly, I try to keep up with the Forum and check out "view new posts" at least once, if not more often, each day. It might be an addiction, but a lot healthier than some.

Comment

Bren, I think you need to be a bit obssessive about quilting to keep up here. But yes, I think it takes lots of clicking. BTW, Ricky is more regular with his posting although I haven't checked lately. Mostly, I try to keep up with the Forum and check out "view new posts" at least once, if not more often, each day. It might be an addiction, but a lot healthier than some.
                            And it's low-fat! :lol: The soup looks delicious. I would skip the cream though, if you blend it well it doesn't need it. And I use a hand blender so that I don't have to wash out the jug of the blender.

Comment

Bren, It's just terrible when you can't get warm. We are having a cold spell too. I have the wood burner going today. Nothing like a woodfire to make you feel cosy. I'd like Rita to make some of that tea brack and you could both come to my house and I'll make tea. Heck if you guys come I'll make a nice hot chicken casserole and some soup on the side. Stay warm everybody!
                              No problems staying warm here today in Adelaide - we are heading for about 40C (not sure what that is in farenheit but it's pretty hot!). My sewing room is our old garage. It has air conditioning but I feel a bit guilty running the airconditionong out in the garage when we have the house airconditioning on as well. So it might be a good chance to stay inside the house and pin baste my Wot RoTT quilt (???) - it's been ready to baste for about 6 months - not my favourite part of the whole process as, for me, it involves crawling around on the family room floor ....and instead of a hot whisky (which sounds pretty good I must say) - a nice cold beer or chilled white wine at the end of the day for me

Comment

We must be at the other side of the world Robin we had -30 C today and the same for tomorrow It is a marvellous excuse to stay home and quilt. The kids left for home today and I enjoyed a me day working on Sedona Star. Happy New Year everyone Joan

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 329 users online. 0 members and 329 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X