[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am loving the beach hut theme. That skirt is really cute.

Comment

Roseanne, you can really dig up some good stuff there! and you can still get your sewing in, with CTS!!! Superwoman! :lol:

Comment

Thanks for the warning Roseanne! I didn't Google, but I did a Pinterest search! :roll: OH MY!! Cute stuff!!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
        That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

I don't know if anybody else has seen this one but I think it's lovely. It's by Brenda Henning of Bear Paw Productions. She calls it 'Broken Dishes' but those are spools if ever I saw one!

Comment

Rita, everything about that quilt screams "reels, spools!" And everything about the quilt screams, "make me!" I love the colors, the tightness of the pattern, everything about it. Even though I've bought software from Brenda Henning's website, I haven't looked at it for a while. Thanks for posting, I need to go look at Bear Paw Productions again (while my embroidery module is humming away... that's why I'm online right now).

Comment

Rita,
              Love this pattern! Sorry to be such a beginner, but are they surrounded by flying geese or HSTs or some combo?

Thanks,

Comment

Roseanne, I'm so proud of you!

Love that fabric, but don't stop there, just googled 'beach hut fabric' and was blown away with beach huts!
                Oh.
                My.
                Goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by crocus999
                  Roseanne, I'm so proud of you!

Love that fabric, but domn't stop there, just googled 'beach hut fabric' and was blown away with beach huts!
                  Oh.
                  My.
                  Goodness.
                  my thoughts exactly!

Comment

Look like HST to me, Roseanne.

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

Rosanne, here's the deal. The original block is probably made up of mostly HSTs, with a couple of solid squares towards the middle.

If we were to use our exchanged reels, they would need to be trimmed down to something less than 3-1/2" x 3-1/2" because the closest "regular" size HST to work with our reels would be 2" (finished size). If the reels were cut down to exactly 3-1/2" x 3-1/2", they would actually need HSTs that measure 2-1/8" (finished size), and that's not something I would want to fool with! :roll:

If I were actually going to make this quilt with our reels, I would paper piece (using Edyta's papers!) 2" HSTs for the outside units, and paper-piece the reel and 4 triangles in the middle as a single unit. I hope someone does this! It's a cool design!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Margo,
                        Thanks! You are too good, babe!
                        Agree, it is a very neat pattern...but hate the thought of trimming my reels!
                        Maybe I'll play around with some fabric scraps.

Comment

Wow Margo... I just found the photo and thought it looked neat. Hadn't figured out how to do it at all. It's a great looking pattern.... but maybe too much trouble as we have the strip spools. It would probably work better if one was working from scratch and using the same colour for the spool and the tops/bottoms of the spools. Roseanne, all your beach hut hunts got me going looking for more images on the web and that's how I found it. My the hours we can happily spend trawling for beach huts and the like!

Comment

Originally posted by romira
                            Rita,
                            Love this pattern! Sorry to be such a beginner, but are they surrounded by flying geese or HSTs or some combo?

Thanks,
                            I was having trouble figuring out how they made it but before I scrolled down to find Margo's confirmation I was thinking it might be HST's and squares. It is certainly a beautiful quilt. I wish someone would make it too and I'd love if that someone were me. But I thinking I just can't make them all. Good find, Rita.

Comment

I have a whole box of HST's I may have to put together a block or two of the Broken Dishes block and see what happens from there.

Comment

I found this exact pattern in a book I won recently at [i]Celebrating Quilts, a weeklong quilt "camp" here in Flagstaff, AZ. The pattern book was published in 2001 by Bear Paw Productions in Anchorage, AK, USA and is called [i]Scraps Happen - Scrap Quilts 3. It was written by Brenda Henning. She calls this particular pattern Spool Stars. Just a coincidence that my name was drawn during the door prizes giveaways, and that this was the door prize being given then. Must mean I've got to make one since I now have instructions.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 305 users online. 0 members and 305 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X