[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gosh ! I saw fish right away...or rather part of a fish ! The feather pattern in the middle of the side resembles a beautifully
    ornate fish tail finn section !! Very pretty form ! I still haven't figured the wheel out tho ! All that quilting is just over the top!

Comment

Oh, wow, I clicked on your link, Rosemary. The green quilt is simply smashing! If I could quilt like that, I'd be thrilled.

I wonder why googling Weardale got me to the Welsh quilts website? Maybe the person also collects other quilts?

Anyhow, that feather-based quilting that I saw on both websites is right up my alley!

Kathy

Comment

Rosemary did you see her 1-day and 3-day courses for 2013? Looks like it might be an interesting jaunt and a nice stay in Yorkshire. I think I will see if any of my quilting buddies might be interested. Thanks for the link I really enjoyed looking at her quilts.

Comment

Well, now I guess we can add poems to the Reel and Recipe Book - Besides the latest from Romira. we had been doing limericks a while back!!!
          How about== "Reels, Recipes, and Rhymes"?? I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by crocus999
            Well, now I guess we can add poems to the Reel and Recipe Book - Besides the latest from Romira. we had been doing limericks a while back!!!
            How about== "Reels, Recipes, and Rhymes"?? I like it!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
            That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Love your herringbone design Rosemary. An all over quilting design would look terrific.

Comment

Originally posted by PosyP
                I was looking through the craft books section on blurb.com and found one by Barbara Brackman, 'Lately arrived from London' http://www.blurb.com/books/2106301 When I looked at the preview I was highly amused to see next to the copyright claims a silhouette of a girl with her hands on her hips and a dog bouncing at her feet with the words "I'll Just Do It Myself Press".

I have ordered myself a copy and it should be with me by the end of the month - made especially for me and not sitting in a book shop being read by everybody 8)
                Woo-Hoo!

This book arrived today - a week earlier than expected! It looks very good at first glance, if a bit pricey at 50 pence per page. I'll give you all a better review next week - I am on panic stations for getting sewing jobs done and will be away with the brownies this weekend as well, at least I have finished the 2 fancy dress costumes needed for Sat. (me & DD)

Comment

A long shot – but does anyone (Margo) know which episode that Ricky or Alex shows how to make the block for the quilt Alex made :?: I think it is called Chopsticks. It is the one where there is a small 3 piece length inserted into the block. Sorry I am not explaining this very well :roll: :roll:

Comment

In show #302 Alex shows a strippy insert like Jean Wells.
                    Show #801 Ricky did his lifeline sliver
                    Actually you probably mean show # 910. Alex does matchstick inserts that are pieced.
                    Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Thanks Karen! Maureen, let us know if one of these are what you are looking for!

Comment

Thanks Karen,

910 was the show. I went back through the shows right down to the 4 series and of-course missed that one by skimming over the information. I think by that time I was word blind. :lol: :lol: I have a project I want to do and thought something like that would fit in well.

Thanks again

Comment

Karen, I don't know what your system is but is it bleedin' wonderful!

Comment

You're welcome Maureen. Glad that works for you.

Rita, too bad I don't have a "system" to find everything I need around here but often it works for finding the shows I want.
                            Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by kfstitcher
                              You're welcome Maureen. Glad that works for you.

Rita, too bad I don't have a "system" to find everything I need around here but often it works for finding the shows I want.
                              :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Just saw this cool "Starburst Spool" pattern on http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/quilt...t-Spools/16744

I bought it and downloaded the pattern, so can tell you that the "reels" in the pattern measure only 1-3/8", to make a 12" finished block, so in order to use our exchanged reels, the pattern size would need to be increased. But.....I still think it's a great design for spools/reels!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 302 users online. 0 members and 302 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X