[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to change the subject but I wanted to let you all know about this "other" swap I belong to and really enjoy.
    I am a member through my "facebook group" but I understand you can do it even if you do not have a facebook page... here is the info link.
    They are doing the churn dash block next.. If you are over seas you might want to get a wiggle on it so the snail mail will get there on time...

http://uselessranch.blogspot.com/201...june-2012.html

Good luck all, Bren

Comment

Originally posted by Millboroquilter
      Not to change the subject but I wanted to let you all know about this "other" swap I belong to and really enjoy.
      I am a member through my "facebook group" but I understand you can do it even if you do not have a facebook page... here is the info link.
      They are doing the churn dash block next.. If you are over seas you might want to get a wiggle on it so the snail mail will get there on time...

http://uselessranch.blogspot.com/201...june-2012.html

Good luck all, Bren
      Go on!... change the subject, it happens all the time around here :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by golfjane
        Good grief, that is beautiful. I've never learned how to make the cathedral window but would love to someday. Don't think I could make anything much larger than a pilllow, or maybe a wallhanging, but love the look of it. Your mother must have the patience of Job
        It is a beautiful quilt. Mother is 85 and is making the CW for my Christmas! (this year!!!) I was floored and ecstatic. I called her yesterday and she said she had finished more 50 windows since I left. WOW! She's one in a million and has a lot of patience. I've been telling her about all the compliments from across the globe and she's so happy. I'll make a pillow to go with it. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
          Jeanne, your mother's work is just beautiful! Please pass on my compliments. I made a cushion cover once for my mother and that was enough for me. This is such a labour intensive pattern but I know there are ways of doing it now that are a lot easier. Here's the cushion I made. This was back in the days when I used any fabric I could find so the border fabric is poly-cotton and the sky through the windows is cotton batiks. I don't know if my mother has ever washed it but I don't fancy it's chances. ops:

Rita,
          Beautiful CW pillow. Oh you gave me a great idea on how to make mine. Thank you for sharing. It is labor intensive. When Mother showed me the process, I was overwhelmed. She did give me a copy of directions from a 1979 magazine.
          Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Millboroquilter
            Jeanne, I really like this size block and I never thought about doing a big one in sections. That is great idea. Thanks for sharing this info. Your moms hand work is really good. I was in Killeen and Ft Hood TX. that is where our son is stationed. He works with our wounded warriors. Thank you for posting the photos. They are really good shots. I like to click on them and they get bigger and I can see them better. I think I have sewers eyes. LOL!

Bren,
            I think my mother's philosophy is to "divide and conquer". I wouldn't be able to copy the process without seeing how it's made first. She's so excited everyone enjoys her work. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Renata
              Originally posted by kfstitcher
              Oh Renata I love the story of being with your Mom while she worked! How great to have a sloper made just for you. She sounds like a wealth of knowledge!
              She really is, Karen, and I wish I had paid a little more attention when I was younger... ops: I'm just lucky that she is still willing and able to teach me.
              Renata
              Renata,
              Beautiful pillow. I like the quilting too. My mother learned garment sewing and quilt from her Mother in the early 1900's. Mother said when she was a little girl in 1930's she would be the one to sit under the table at the quilting bees and push the needle through for her mother and friends. Wonderful stories, smelly feet ops:

Comment

Any update on the wayward reels?

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."...quote courtesy of Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi, Jeanne! How wonderful that you will enjoy the beautiful CW quilt that your mom is making for you. You are right, it it time-intensive to make each CW. It also takes a lot of fabric to make, but I love the fact that your mom has a method for keeping everything organized and moving forward quickly. It will be something you will cherish for a long time! I am very happy for you!
                  Renata

Comment

Hi...I was a bit curious about the reels travels ;-) , too. But I was more interested in knowing where we get the reel quilt pattern to put our blocks together after we get them. I went to Edyta's site and did not see a pattern for the reels. Do we just make up our own?
                    This has probably been covered but I am not on enough to get all the news.
                    Thanks for helping!

Comment

The spools quilt is in Edyta's book called Frindship Strips and Scraps.
                      Danny

Comment

Thanks Danny! I just figured out that it must be in there. Need to order it now. Darn... ;-)

Comment

Well good news and bad news... It's almost 2 a.m. here on the ranch.....
                          Long days have began...
                          started planting and disking today
                          and I started my gopher job... gopher this and gopher that... you know the routine....
                          washed 2 tractors and 1, 4-wheeler today..
                          watered the 25 trees I planted 2 days ago..I never thought it would take me 2 days to plant them...
                          I did find out why I can not post photos of the TX quilt shop my my blog.....
                          Great tech person told me my photo was to big...
                          I cant figure out why all my others went through because I dont know how to change the size in the camera let alone on my Computer
                          so maybe when I'm not so tired I will try to do that.
                          I didnt get even one single stitch in today... boo! I think I'm having withdrawals....
                          I sure hope you girls and guys if there are any in this swap get your reels real soon!
                          I think 2 groups got them and I was in one of those lucky groups.
                          I can hardly wait to pop on here to see how everyone is doing with them...
                          My fingers dont want totype and my eyes keep shutting sol, nite all, sweet quilting dreams,
                          ttyl, Bren from SD.

Comment

Bren I am glad that you got to the bottom of the problem with posting a photo on your blog. That has happened to me a couple of times too. And I don't know how to change the image size either. ops: It sounds like you are working very hard at the moment. But thanks for mentioning the tractors because you just reminded me that I need to clean my car today as it has an NCT (National Car Test) early next week and today is the only day I have time to do it. I hate housework/carwork! I will do any amount of standing at the ironing board pressing itty bitty pieces of fabric for quilting without a grumble but moan and groan out loud when I have to do housework. :roll:

Comment

Bren - thanks for the washing car reminder... Same as Rita it was the first thing I thought... bugger I forgot to wash the car.

Rita, I also complain endlessly about the housework and carwork. Bren, hats off to you, but don't forget to get your sewjo on to recover from the everyday stuff. It is my saviour.

Comment

Just so my DH and anyone else who happens by understands, I put up a magnetic sign on the refrigerator that says, "I understand the concept of cleaning and cooking, just not how it applies to me." Kinda of a joke in our house since, like all of you, I do the cleaning and cooking

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 311 users online. 0 members and 311 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X