[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lotti's green reels in the forground are the same number as Maureen's, but ever so much flatter! from Rosemary.

Mine obviously hasn't been pressed down very much by the post office as I am only up over the mountains and round the corner from Rosemary so only had less than 24 hours to travel. Wish I could do to my body what Lottie's done to the reels :lol:

All of the reels look terrific.

Comment

oh maureen, so do i - hmmm, now where to find my seams to fingerpress open - not so sure if i want the hot iron and steam shot though? but could try posting myself somewhere stuck in a ziplock and an envelope. on second thought, i kind of like breathing and have enough problems being in an elevator that i don't think i'll enjoy the ziplock-envelope experience... will just have to stick to flatish reels instead and enjoy life as it is

sooooo look forward to getting my batches of reels - oh yeahhhhhhhh :P :P :P

Comment

Originally posted by lotti
        oh maureen, so do i - hmmm, now where to find my seams to fingerpress open - not so sure if i want the hot iron and steam shot though? but could try posting myself somewhere stuck in a ziplock and an envelope. on second thought, i kind of like breathing and have enough problems being in an elevator that i don't think i'll enjoy the ziplock-envelope experience... will just have to stick to flatish reels instead and enjoy life as it is

sooooo look forward to getting my batches of reels - oh yeahhhhhhhh :P :P :P
        :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

My son and his wife are expecting their first girl ( 3rd child) in just a few weeks or days - God only knows. I'm ALMOST as excited to see my reel-babies
          as I am to meet my new real-girl baby. She will be the first girl born to this family line in over 45 years. Paternal great-grandmother had 14 grandchildren - only one was a girl. So, you know this gal's gonna be a princess :wink: I'll let y'all know when she and/or they arrive!

Comment

Originally posted by crocus999
            My son and his wife are expecting their first girl ( 3rd child) in just a few weeks or days - God only knows. I'm ALMOST as excited to see my reel-babies
            as I am to meet my new real-girl baby. She will be the first girl born to this family line in over 45 years. Paternal great-grandmother had 14 grandchildren - only one was a girl. So, you know this gal's gonna be a princess :wink: I'll let y'all know when she and/or they arrive!
            Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your little princess! Wouldn't it be nice to put a reel into your real girl baby's new quilt :?:

So many beautiful reels coming in... so hard to keep up with or keep the appetite (drooling) down but it won't be long before we'll be reeling in our beautiful spools and thinking about all the lovely people who made them!!!

Comment

Congratulations Terri, I sure everyone is thrilled to a baby girl arriving soon. She will definitely be spoiled rotten with so many male relatives looking out for her. 8) 8)

Comment

and just think once she gets into her teens, with all those male brothers and cousins looking out for her - not sure if i should be happy or sorry for her
                enjoy your princess :P :P

Comment

Congratulations Terri on the expected arrival of a little girl! She will certainly be an enjoyment for your family.

Comment

I can hardly stand it waiting for my reels to come back to Colorado. Terri -- our little grand daughter was here last week with her parents. They live in Seattle. She is a little over 2 and just yummy. Just a quick story, when she was born her mommy and daddy said "no pink, no purple, no ruffles." Well!!! Certainly took the wind out of my sails. She is so darn cute now with her words, "I LOVE pink." Yes, and we went to JoAnn's to get pink fabric for a skirt. Everything she has to wear now is pink. I LOVE it!! Although purple is my favorite. She is a treasure and I know you will enjoy your new little one.

Sharon --

Comment

So Terri you are expectant for two things now! I have had two little girls and everything had to be pink, fluffy, glittery and hearts for years! That phase was replaced with witches, fairies and elves. My 17 year old is still partial to anything to do with fairies and elves. I think she might be a changeling herself :lol:

Comment

I just cant stand this "WAITING"!
                        The suspence is just killing me!
                        I keeping hoping for a surprise package in the mail box.
                        I dont walk to the mail box now days... I RUN!
                        There is just nothing to look forward to out here on the ranch but work!
                        Blocks please come soon!
                        I am inside screaming, BLOCKS! BLOCKS! BLOCKS!
                        How much longer will it be???
                        :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Lorna1021
                          Don't look at my messy room. This is my sewing/storage room. Aren't they gorgeous!?!
                          Yes they ARE gorgeous!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverOwl
                            Ladies;

I fix this weight watcher barbecued pork all the time, It is wonderful & simple;
                            One Lean pork loin (on sale can be only $8.00)
                            Brown outside of pork in olive oil, about 2 tablespoons;
                            Put in slow cooker w/
                            One cup of beef boulion (I use Swanson’s MSG, Fat free)-If I am in a hurry I may microwave the cup of beef bouillon to speed up the cooking.
                            One garlic glove (I use the minced garlic from the jar, it is 1/2 tsp.)
                            Put in slow cooker on high setting for 4-5 hours / depending on size , or
                            you can put your slow cooker on the low setting and leave it all day. I have even put it on the low setting before going to bed and it is done by morning so I could take it into work for get togethers
                            Pull pork apart with two forks and add heated barbecue sauce (I use Jack Daniels Original barbecue sauce-one bottle)
                            Put on Whole wheat bun, it’s great & I am always asked to bring it to party’s it is so popular!
                            Barbara I am going to try this weight wacher recipe. It sounds easy pezze and good! Thaks 4 sharin'

Comment

Originally posted by PosyP
                              Latest News From Headquarters

So far 71 sets of reels have been received.

However, included in that has been
                              1)a set of strips - unsewn reels :?
                              2)a mis-count - one under :wink:

Apart from that things seem to be going along quite nicely - and many thanks to those of you who have offered to take up the recently vacated spots, so that we have a full quota of 123.
                              Dear Rosemary;

Ah, sorry about being one short - oops: ops: ! Never would know I had a double major of Math & Science, would you :roll: ? I was wondering where that reel came from that was sitting on top of my koala cabinet, oops ops: I will get it in the mail to you beginning of next week along with an extra fat quarter gift to say I am sew sew sorry! Glad someone can count :lol: Just got back into Town; we made an offer on a new house around Greenville, SC area. Now about the little detail of selling this house :P ! I tried to answer your e-mail on my i-pad while we were out of Town but I don’t think it worked; please don’t think I was ignoring you, oh wizard :lol:
                              L/Barbara

Comment

Originally posted by crocus999
                                Congratulations! What fun! All we have in our family for the last five generations were girls, girls, girls! My daughter has four girls too! But, you never know with girls, she could end up being an athlete too, or even President of the US ! Girls rule :lol: ! But of course she will be a quilter, football player or not, eh?

P.S. I have forgotten her name but one of our US Astronauts was a quilter & even took some fat quarters with her on her space flight which she put into a quilt when she came back to earth! Quilting probably kept her grounded (hee hee) :lol:

l/Barbara

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 160 users online. 0 members and 160 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X