[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
    Lovely quilt Jeanne. And how nice to have your mother to teach you something at 85. I hope I will be doing the same at that age. Have a good and safe trip.
    I can only dream to be quilting at my mother's age. Her hand work is impeccable. When I return, I'll take upload a few items she's hand stitched.
    Edyta's quilt designs are addictive. It was fun making the quilt. Now to hand appliqué. Good to have something going on when I won't be at a machine. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by golfjane
      I really like the Tree of Life pattern too, and the applique around the border. Very nice, Jeanne, hope the one I'm going to do turns out as good as yours.
      Jane,

Thank you. Edyta makes it easy for us. I will say I'm not too much for symmetry especially when it comes to stems and leaves. I wanted to make the applique curvy and fun....but I needed to finish the layout before my trip and kept it "by the book". My next will have curves. You'll have fun designing the Tree of Life. I'm making several pillows to give to friends. It's a great pattern.

Looking forward to seeing more reels!

Comment

Hi Ladies, I haven't checked in for a while and was wondering when my strips would arrive. I see some of them have made it home so will start watching my mailbox. Happy stipping everyone.
        Maree Tasmania

Comment

Hi Maree, I am not sure if you are in Lorna's lot or in Rosemary's lot. I think that Rosemary's group are still waiting for reels to arrive from Australia. Until they do some of us will be waiting a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
            Hi Maree, I am not sure if you are in Lorna's lot or in Rosemary's lot. I think that Rosemary's group are still waiting for reels to arrive from Australia. Until they do some of us will be waiting a while.
            Both Lorna & I have post waiting to go out because we are waiting for Tannes/Toni's reels to arrive, it is in the lap of the postal gods when they will arrive, but you can be sure that everyone here will hear the squeals of delight when they finally arrive.

Comment

Rosemary;
              This is Barbara from Bluffton, SC. I owe you a reel; I shorted you one. Whom should I send it to? Sorry, I am so out of it; we have our home up for sale, & we also have just been asked to show our home for the Bluffton Tour of Homes & have been frantically planting flowers, plants etc. to get ready for the showing! It is an honor to have been chosen but it is a lot of work too! Again, sorry for being so behind Love your fellow Sister.. .

Comment

Originally posted by RiverOwl
                Rosemary;
                This is Barbara from Bluffton, SC. I owe you a reel; I shorted you one. Whom should I send it to? Sorry, I am so out of it; we have our home up for sale, & we also have just been asked to show our home for the Bluffton Tour of Homes & have been frantically planting flowers, plants etc. to get ready for the showing! It is an honor to have been chosen but it is a lot of work too! Again, sorry for being so behind Love your fellow Sister.. .
                Hi Barbara, I kept the gap you created in 'my' envelope, but by the end of the sorting we had so many spares that I was able to sub one in from elsewhere. So if it is already made I would love to have one of your blue reels sent to me, but if it means having to stitch one up - don't worry about it.

You have my sympathy in trying to get your house ready for sale, always a big job, and being on the being on the Bluffton Tour of Homes as well, sounds hard work. Maybe being on the Tour will help you to find a buyer :wink:

Comment

We are actually done with exception of getting our windows cleaned! I have one already done that just didn't make in the envelope. If u could e-mail me your address again I will send it 2 u
                  L/ Barbara

Comment

Originally posted by Quilty204
                    It's fun to see the reels arriving! While I'm waiting, I'm working on, "Tree of Life" applique portion. I need to stitch the stems, leaves and berries. Then I'll add the bird center design at top and bottom. This has been a fun quilt to make from Edyta's book. Lots to do while I'm visiting my 85 yr old mother later this week. She's making a cathedral quilt by hand and she's going to teach me while I'm visiting her. Off to make my 11 hour drive. 8)

The white border fabric won't stay after quilting. It's there to help with bias edges for me to work on while appliqueing and then send to longarmer.
                    Quilty,
                    Beeeeee uuuuuuuu tttttttttttiful! Find out what size block your mom started with for her cathedral window quilt and take a photo to share with us. My one and only attempt was a small one for the table... in Blue with white back ground squares. I loved the process but what I thought would be big was really quite small when I got done with it :cry: . Question on your tree of life, Were your HST swapped or all your stash? I am wanting to do a batik swap if anyone knows anyone who wants to do one... Have fun with your mom , Always in stitches...Bren

Comment

Hi Bren,

I'd love to do a batik swap....Doreen

Comment

Me too, just let me know all the wherefores and I'm in I know one was done either during or just after the HST swap but another one couldn't possibly hurt.

Comment

If y'all want to start another exchange, please start a new topic under this heading: forum/friendship-triangle-exchange

Have fun!!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                          That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

And if you hang on a little while, I am planning on writing up my 'Crib sheet ideas' or running exchanges, to help keep things managable. A lot of it is lots of pre-thinking things through, and planning.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                            That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Rosemary, I am so glad you have taken your rabbit hat off. I love your new profile picture:-)

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

Hi there! This is another one of those times when I haven't received notices from the exchange topic for days now. Plus, I was away for Easter weekend. I love the Tree of Life quilt - awesome - I am planning to make one with all batiks from the HST exchange with my guild. I think I will be finished hand-quilting my HST quilt in the nick of time for the book.

I saw something about a batik exchange and Margo ( Hi! Margo!) suggested opening another topic. If I don't sign up, like, if I miss it somehow, please someone watch my back,. and email me, because I will want to do this. Especially if there is a limited number.... Like some of you, I may have an addiction problem, but I prefer to call it a passion. That's NO problem, right?

Still haven't exchanged pics with Lotti from our fantabulous fun, awesome visit, but we may get our act together sometime soon.
                                She's busy visiting, and right now I'm busy BBsitting my almost 4 yo grandson, because his daddy is have serious surgery tomorrow ( Thursday).

Man, it's hard to sew and babysit at the same time, but I've taught the little guy to pick out pins from the pin cushion and give them to me one by one, and then when I've done, I give them back to him one by one, and he puts them back. He loves to watch the needle going "real, real fast!" Also have given him some coloured fabric blocks to put together so 'we' can together sew a pillow for when daddy gets home from hospital. He can 'sign' it with fabric painted handprints!It's fun!

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 341 users online. 0 members and 341 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X