[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rita, I'm glad you asked.

Tomorrow, Friday, after I get off work, my DH and I will make the 3 hour drive up to North Cave, UK near York to visit with Rosemary and her family. We'll be quite busy the next two days, merging our two sorted piles, packing envelopes for mailing and of course visiting the quilt museum!

It will be a blast and I am really looking forward to the weekend.

Lorna

Comment

Thanks for the update, Lorna.
      Yahoo!!! Yahoo!!!
      I'm sure you will enjoy your visit with Rosemary and at the quilt museum. Have a safe drive.
      Lori

Comment

Thanks Lorna. I hope the task is not too onerous! You both have a lot to do what with sorting, packing, labeling, weighing, stamping and taking them to the post office. I do hope you get some time to enjoy yourselves too and thanks again for doing this for everybody. Don't forget your camera, and to use it and post photos here. Have a great weekend.

Comment

I've got a Little List, of plans to try to make the combination sort as smooth as possible. Reels sorted into their new home groups-check, envelopes already addressed and customs labels attached and entry number in the corner-check, plans for getting out the pasting table to work on-check. I've got a Little List of society members who never would be missed....(sorry G & S taking over there for a minute),

I mean a little list of who is in which group and colour coded for double entrants and US/non-US.

I've even managed to excavate the front room windowsill 8) (it is a nice deep one at a good working height) from some of Isabeau's drawing gubbins and stuff - DH was awestruck when I sent a photo of the naked windsill, I think it was last seen about a year ago (probably for her last birthday party :lol:

The only drawback :evil: I can think of is that we will need to be up early (eeeekkk! - I am allergic to mornings, you ask anyone in my family! :lol: ) on Saturday to get some done before we slope off to York, because the Museum is only open Mon-Sat.

I've even managed to make some Barmbrack the slow way :shock: to help keep us going :wink: I promise we will try not to get buttery fingers on anyone's reels :P

Comment

Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I love you, Tomorrow, your only a day a way! Bum baaa da de bum bum bum! I think that is how the song goes.... Yee HAW!

Comment

Originally posted by Millboroquilter
              Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I love you, Tomorrow, your only a day a way! Bum baaa da de bum bum bum! I think that is how the song goes.... Yee HAW!

Comment

Yiipeee, Yeahhhh, Hallelujah...thanks so very much. Lorna and Rosemary--you are wonderfully kind and sharing. Hope your weekend is full of fun and surprises. Now the wait on the postman (who only ever rings once)

Comment

:lol: :lol: Bren ..I'm with you ! Love your picture ! Now, back to the calves ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by golfjane
                    Yiipeee, Yeahhhh, Hallelujah...thanks so very much. Lorna and Rosemary--you are wonderfully kind and sharing. Hope your weekend is full of fun and surprises. Now the wait on the postman (who only ever rings once)
                    Not too many surprises - I hope!

Comment

Rosemary and Lorna, thank you again for taking this on. As I'm writing this, you're probably both waiting for morning to get started. Have fun, and most especially have fun at the Museum! Post pics if you can, we're all dying to see what happens!
                      Kathy

Comment

Rosemary and Lorna, do have lots of fun and thank you, thank you for masterplanning and executing the Wot RoTT exchange! Would love to be there! Renata

Comment

Wish you lot were here too, but we are running out of bed space - could put some tents up in the garden to accomodate you, but it is still a bit chilly here for camping unless you are a die-hard camper, although the weather has been glorious for March. DH is planning a barbeque for tomorrow, hope the sun is still shining by then :wink:

Comment

I have to announce that the dust bunnies that live in my sewing room have nearly all found new homes 8) - and not necessarily to their liking :lol: I hate to think how long it will take to find anything again in here :roll: - you know, tidying up and putting things in a safe place and all that :wink:

by the way it is just coming up for 9pm Friday here - do your own maths for time conversions

Comment

Hey Rosemary, did you send your dust bunnies over to my place? Looks like it! :lol: Glad to know that there are others in this world who have disappearing safe places - it's the Room of Requirements isn't it? So are we in a count-down type situation?

Comment

rosemary, i know all about "safe places" . usually that means I don't find it again unless I stumble across it accidentally. How did you get the dust bunnies to leave? Mine don't want to vacate the premises. I'm eagerly awaiting updates on the sorting day!
                                Kathy

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 213 users online. 0 members and 213 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X