X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

We all love Rosemary and Loren
    With their help you soon will be scoring
    Spool blocks a plenty
    Food colors, there's many
    And none of these quilts will be boring!!

DARN!! I just realized I got Lorna name wrong! I am so so sorry!!

Comment

Originally posted by golfjane
      My rhyming and jingle abilities are nil, so asked my dear husband for help--here's what he came up with:

There once was a quilter named Jane
      Whose quilts were know for their fame
      She quilted a lot
      Her body was hot
      And her hubby just won't be the same

Yes, he loves me a bunch and exaggerates like crazy ops:
      :lol: :lol: Getting saucy!

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
        Originally posted by golfjane
        My rhyming and jingle abilities are nil, so asked my dear husband for help--here's what he came up with:

There once was a quilter named Jane
        Whose quilts were know for their fame
        She quilted a lot
        Her body was hot
        And her hubby just won't be the same

Yes, he loves me a bunch and exaggerates like crazy ops:
        :lol: :lol: Getting saucy!
        Or middle age 'power surges' :lol:

Comment

Love your poems, you guys are always such a hoot! I couldn’t resist trying, well here goes a try;

There once was a quilter named “Posy”
          Who always made everything sew Rosy
          For all her fellow quilters
          There was never a kilter
          For every reel
          She made sure there was a deal
          Even if it cost her a meal!

opps I think there is a verse kinda outa whack, oh well ops:

Comment

There once was a quilter names Posy
            Whose quilts were always so Rosy
            She quilted for fun
            Her quilts were number one
            And they always make you feel cozy

Comment

does anyone have or know lorna's phone number...it has to be listed on the customs form....
              peggy in ks

Comment

I left it blank..got there anyway !

Comment

Originally posted by weaver49
                  does anyone have or know lorna's phone number...it has to be listed on the customs form....
                  peggy in ks
                  The phone number only has to be listed if you use the online form (it won't let you proceed without it). However, if you pick up the customs form at the post office and fill it in by hand when you take your package there, you won't have to list the phone number.

Comment

I didn't have to do a customs form, because the clerk at the post office said since it was going to an APO address and was under a certain weight, it wasn't necessary. I've been notified that they were received. I don't understand why many of you are having to do one.

Comment

My blueberry cheesecake(blues) and diet dew strips (green and yellow) are on their way to Lorna. I hope to post a picture tomorrow. Did I need to submit a recipe for my two selection? Well we are in the midst of rain/thunderstorm in Iowa, I dont like rain this time of year as it like to turn to ice making driving difficult.

Comment

We're having a blizzard in South Dakota, we have 12 inches of snow in about 4 hours this early evening and more is coming. The wind is blowing about 30 mph zero visability so we will probably loss our electricity for a few days. This is what usually happens out here on the prairies. It rained first and now the heavy wet snow will start to snap the powere lines and the powere poles and the trees. Man it is just roaring out side right now. stay safe and warm everyone! Think I will make an old fashioned peach cobbler in the morning to warm up the house. Maybe some home made bread too! I guess March is coming in like a lion! good nite all.

Comment

For the on-line customs form I just put my own telephone number in the slot. I figured it was to notify someone if something went wrong. When I went to the post-office the guy behind the counter said I needed the form even for an APO address. I guess it doesn't come up that often in some of the smaller post offices.

Comment

This is such a creative and fun group, that it has been hard to keep up with all of the food talk and poetry! You have to be careful giving Rosemary any poetry though, because it may just come back to haunt you! Right, Rosemary? :wink:

Now that the deadline has passed, I have a confession to make. I did not put paper labels on my spools! :shock: So, if you are doing something quite creative with all of those wonderful labels, I will be among the missing. But, I WILL be tucked away in the quilt. I signed all of my blocks on an inside seam with a black pre-tested, Pigma pen. It will be snuggled up to your batting, and will NOT bleed! I was trying to keep the bulk of my package down to a 6"x 9" manila envelope (I love a challenge!). And yes, there were two fat quarters in there, too.

Dawn
                            In beautiful Northwest Montana

Comment

Well, all of the reels should be in the mail now, or have already arrived at Lorna's or Rosemary's. Yeah!!! If we are lucky and they all arrive in a week or two, we could possibly have them by the end of March. If our wonderful leaders are able to get together. What a wonderful Easter gift for us. I can hardly wait.

I should not be so anxious because I have not started on my Batik strips yet. I know that will not make it in Carole's book, but that is OK. I do have the triangle one in. I would like to take a better picture of it though.

Back to subject. I just want to see all these reels on my design board. Maybe like rectangular Easter Eggs. :lol:

Comment

I cannot promise that they will all get home in time for easter, but in the meantime here is an egg for you

Regrets, but you will have to supply your own chocolate :mrgreen:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 406 users online. 0 members and 406 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X