[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by christinetindell
    After going through about 29 pages of this forum, I can't seem to find my number. Is it 13c? They are done, and unfortunately not one color way...didn't follow directions too well, just used my scrap strip bins. ops:
    Christine, there are all sorts of varigated threads now, so I am sure they are beautiful. I will be happy to get one of yours.

Comment

Terri, there are a few museums that hold quilts in the UK.

http://www.quiltmuseum.org.uk in York, http://www.americanmuseum.org in Bath, http://www.vam.ac.uk in London and http://www.friendsofbeamish.co.uk/quilting/index.html in Beamish, Co. Durham are but a few.

If you google quilt museums in the UK a lot of museums come up that house quilt collections. Look for the Ulster Folk Museum in Belfast and museums in Glasgow and Edinburgh. Phew, that will keep you busy for a while :lol: :lol:

Comment

However the V & A museum in London, currently has it's textile gallaries closed for re-location, see here for fuller details
        http://www.vam.ac.uk/content/article...orkers-centre/. But it will be marvelous in a couple of years time, because so much more of it will be accessible to more people.

Comment

The American museum in Bath is on my to-do list and I just might get there this summer because DH will be working in the town. Yipee!

I love the V&A and always visit any time I am in London. Even the shop is delicious.

Comment

Just about to put Parma Violets in the mail.... just got to work out how much postage to put on the return envelope as I am in the UK...
            Good Luck to Rosemary & Lorna...

Comment

Woo hoo! 10 more packages were picked up from the post office today. Emails are sent and now to go sort these beauties.

Lorna

Comment

Thanks to all for their useful information on quilt shops/museums in UK. :wink:

Comment

Latest News from Headquarters

I have just had a 'Worried in USA' about getting her reels to England in time for the cut off date. Therefore I have made an excutive decision - Anyone who doesn't get their reels into the post by 29 February has a forfeit of finishing the following limerick

'There once was a quilter named ...(own name here)

You won't be chucked out of the exchange for being late, BUT I might name you ops: so everyone else can send you hurry up e-mails :wink: :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by PosyP
                    Latest News from Headquarters

I have just had a 'Worried in USA' about getting her reels to England in time for the cut off date. Therefore I have made an excutive decision - Anyone who doesn't get their reels into the post by 29 February has a forfeit of finishing the following limerick

'There once was a quilter named ...(own name here)

You won't be chucked out of the exchange for being late, BUT I might name you ops: so everyone else can send you hurry up e-mails :wink: :lol:
                    Carry on, Rosemary. You are in the one in charge! That is why I sent you and Lorna more than a fat quarter. I appreciate the JOB that the two of you are doing. Blessings to you and stay sane!

Coast of South Carolina USA
                    Sewing/Quilting on my Viking Sapphire 870

Comment

I'm with Pam!

Coast of South Carolina USA
                      Sewing/Quilting on my Viking Sapphire 870

Comment

We'll all get there, I have no worries! And however long it takes my blocks to fly across the ocean is fine. They are absorbing all the good ideas posted here and no doubt will fling themselves onto my design wall, all shouting their ideas of what they want to be! How much fun this will be.
                        Thank you again, Rosemary and Lorna
                        Kathy

Comment

This thread has been so quite over the weekend. Hope everyone is doing well. Rosemary do you have any updates on the arrivals?

Comment

Well the bad news is that there won't be any entries to the limerick competition from the non-american contingent of this exchange :wink:

As of Monday morning we had 103 sets of reels arrived and mostly half-sorted. Lorna & I are discussing when we will get together to join, jumble & split them up. We are also wondering what to do with the spare reels that many of you have kindly sent in to help cover shortages.

And thanks to a wonderful present of swiss chocolate from Lotti, I had the wherewithall to pay for some child labour to help 8)

Comment

How fortunate you are, Rosemary to have such a lovely, capable assistant! Please give her a hug for us.

Kathi

Comment

I am sort of hoping that somebody gets to do a limerick. They are fun. Although I would really like everybody to hurry up too! We could entertain ourselves by doing a round robin limerick?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 409 users online. 0 members and 409 guests.

Most users ever online was 409 at 12:29 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X