[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lorna, it's amazing! So many beautiful reels waiting to come back! But, I have to tell you, I really like what's on your design wall!
    Cheers,
    Renata

Comment

I'm with Renata! The reels look wonderful, but the project on your design wall is FABULOUS!!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Yes they are gorgeous! Can't wait.

Comment

Oh, Lorna, how lovely! Which pile is mine :?: Just kidding :!: The project on your design wall is beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
            Originally posted by LoriReid
            Sounds like Rita is a school teacher????
            No Lori, I was always the one with the red X and "needs more work" or "could do better" or "Rita puts no effort into her work" etc., so I have a whole store of those quotes!
            Rita, my teachers always said the same thing and, more recently, whenever I would meet with the teachers of any of my four sons they would say the same. "they have so much potential, he could do so much better but he won't put the effort into his work." :roll: they are all very creative, though, and excell in their lives now that they are out of school. I caulk it up to a creative mind. You are obviously very creative and clever in multiple arts!

Comment

I have to agree - the reels look awesome just lying there waiting and seeing all those reels makes me even more anxious to see what I get back. The project on the wall is beautiful. Would love to see it when you get it done.
              Lori

Comment

Anxious as is everyone to see the reels come "home." But that appliique on your design wall is wonderful. I, too, would love to see the finished piece!

Comment

Lorna, they look gorgeous laid out on the floor like that! It almost looks like my yellow ones are in the front row on the top! Are you leaving them out until all the reels arrive? I'm imagining my cat taking one look and then wanting to nap in the middle of it. That's a lot of piles!
                  Kathy

Comment

That's quite a gorgeous buffet on your floor, Lorna. With the beautiful project on the wall, a bit looking like a window, looks like we'll all be eating al fresco! Yum!

Comment

Lorna .......... the reels look awesome all over your floor. I wish I could come and help you !! I really just want to dig in those baggies !! LOL Your design wall is great. Thank you so much for taking all of this on. We do appreciate all your hard work on this large project.

Comment

The design wall has just a few of my many unfinished projects. Thanks everyone for the comments on my block of the month I am working on. I started that 13 month project in 2003 so I guess I am on the 10 year plan. It's needleturn so it's the project I take on the road with me and what I worked on my first 2.5 months here without my sewing machine.

The C group is closest to the front of the picture and the yellow reels on top belong to anniequi. No pets, no kids. And I have these lovely heated floors so your reels are quite comfy. I started laying them out when the 28 packages came in and have been sorting as they come in. I am lucky to have the large space.

I didn't make it to the post office yesterday before the window closed at 6pm, but have notice of 5 more packages to pick up. I am hoping one is the winter boots I ordered for our 3 day trip to Oslo this weekend. I'll try to get those today and let you know then I will be out for a few days.

Lorna

Comment

Lorna, I can relate to the 10 year plan project. My friend got me started on my first quilt project in 2007 and I have 14 of the 20 machine appliqued blocks done. It was block of the month but now she calls it my block of the year. So as I see it I still have 6 years to finish the remaining blocks. HA
                          Hope one of the packages is mine that was sent last week.
                          Lori

Comment

Further to Lorna's pictures of sorting, here are mine -
                            sorting mine & Rita's reels.Sorting Lotti's, Maureen's clootie dumplings, and Judy's reels from group b.
                            Lotti's green reels in the forground are the same number as Maureen's, but ever so much flatter!

As you can see I am doing it quite differently to Lorna, and each group is being kept in separate boxes, between times so nothing gets lost.

Comment

Oh my babies, come to mama!

Comment

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 137 users online. 0 members and 137 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X